Author Topic: Our Back Door  (Read 1607 times)

grumpymoe

Our Back Door
« on: Nov 15, 2005, 06:17 AM »
Snowing like crazy all night....opened up the door to shovel off the truck.. :o :o...first I have to shovel my way out the door!!!...more pics later...Grump                                                                                                 

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: Our Back Door
« Reply #1 on: Nov 15, 2005, 06:26 AM »
lmao grump shoulda brought the snowblower into the kitchen last night!!!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #2 on: Nov 15, 2005, 08:30 AM »
Yeah I flew by your flat looking Province last evening. In Winnepeg at 4:30pm and the wife looks over to me and says "Its starting to look ugly here, glad were leaving". The wind was blowing sideways and snow starting to fall. Glad to be home to my rugged province. Snowing here now too but only a few inches. I wish it would quit and the temps drop to -30 for a few weeks before the snow flies. Happy shoveling Grump ;D

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Nov 15, 2005, 09:43 AM »
Same situation here Grump!! Reelmaster phoned me up early this morning said he was on his way to help me shovel out ;D I look out the window and here he comes sliding sideways fishtailing like crazy.....right past my house :o spins er around and pulls up nicely in front of the house dukes style ;D ;D ;D We shoveled and tried using my sled to pack er down to no avail.... looking for a snowblower right now :-\ Will update later :P

Offline Pat

• Team IceShanty Regular
The Sask boys thought we........
« Reply #4 on: Nov 15, 2005, 10:14 AM »
would send you guys a early xmas gift :)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15, 2005, 12:17 PM »
It was snowing all day yesterday,in some areas of Sask. travel was not advised and all the roads are icy.
That photo looks familiar Grump.
Good luck digging out Trophy, those snowblowers sure beat shoveling by hand.
Last year I used one to blaze a trail to my ice shanty.;D

WW

Offline chrisN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Nov 15, 2005, 12:52 PM »
Go to leave for school this morning. . . .Van gets stuck on drive way. . . .Mom says I can walk. . . .Takes an hour to get there due to deep snow, than find out there is almost nobody there.. . .So stay there for a bit. . . .than trudge through the snow back home which takes another hour
Team Manitoba

Offline Skiff

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • Walleye, pike, perch...Yeah!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 15, 2005, 01:07 PM »
Had to shovel the patio door open to let the dog out for his morning constitutional.  He ran out and hit a 2' wall of snow.  He tried to reverse but I wouldn't let him in until he'd done his thing.  Second time I let him out, an hour later, he was leaping and racing around the yard, having a great time in the snow.  This morning it took 2 hrs with my snowblower to clear the cove I live on, having had to push the wife and 3 neighbors out.  I also did 4 neighbors driveways as goodwill, but not my own.  I figure I'll do mine this afternoon just before my wife gets home.  With the snow still coming down, and a stiff wind blowing, no sense in doing it twice.
"I'm as healthy as I ever was, I just go to the doctor more often".  - one of my retired buddies

Offline Trophy Hunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Nov 15, 2005, 02:00 PM »
Well got the back lane cleared enough to get the car out and into the little driveway in front of the house. Friggen insane out there......not good for building ice!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( Too much damn snow!!! :%$#!:

Offline big walleye

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats life on the Hardwater!!!
« Reply #9 on: Nov 15, 2005, 04:40 PM »
Suck it up boys. ;D ;D Nice and balmy here in Brampton.  ::) ::) Actually it has been raining all day but they call for a high of 18 tommorrow. ;D ;D
Enjoy life now!!!! Get on the Hardwater before it melts away!!!

Offline APU GARCIA

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saskatchewan
« Reply #10 on: Nov 15, 2005, 04:53 PM »
Probably better that there is no ice yet, all that snow would really screw it up ???
MY NAME IS APU, HOW DO YOU DO, NOW YOU GUNNA DIE!!!!!!

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #11 on: Nov 15, 2005, 05:12 PM »
we didn't get any snow to speak of just lots of cold and lots of new ice!!!!!!!!
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 15, 2005, 05:50 PM »
had to push the wife and 3 neighbors out

Was it something she said?  Were the neighbours overstaying their welcome?   ::) ;D

Well, last I heard, we got 30 cm (1') of snow...going to -14C tonight...hmm...I'll have to talk to Ronds...as they have the boat, I don't think I can get it back in the yard again unless the snow melts...perhaps I can leave it there for the winter...would give the kids more play space.

Better you than me Grump...as out of shape as I am, I nearly did myself in this morning anyway.  Suzanne got a bit stuck...need a shorter vehicle and gonna get her AWD...had a minor issue getting Max out this morning, but that was just due to my lazy butt dealing with shovelling or lack thereof...after getting into the alley, we were unstoppable (but we did stop occasionally at red lights and stop signs and such).  What a difference confidence in your truck makes.

Pretty frustrating with all the numpties out there though...tell ya what, you walkers...there's snow on the ground...put on a pair of winter boots and use the friggin' sidewalk, not the road!  I'm not sure what goes through peoples' brains...hardly any kids at school, but they stayed there...got sent home from work after being there about 2 hours...tough day...Suzanne suggested I do some Christmas shopping...I guess the malls would have been quiet at least...oh well.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #13 on: Nov 15, 2005, 07:44 PM »
We had lots of blowing snow yesterday but, about 2 inches fell, looks like you guys in Manitoba got hit hard.
:blink:

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.