The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: any fishing or hunting info ....  (Read 731 times)

Offline eyetalian stallion

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stand back! I am a professional
any fishing or hunting info ....
« on: Feb 28, 2019, 01:49 AM »
thinking about relocating to michigan...must be hunter and fisherman friendly,or no dice....any info will be great..ny. is no longer hunter,fisherman friendly ...way out of control......

Offline delee1sp

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: any fishing or hunting info ....
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2019, 06:44 AM »
southern michigan

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2019, 08:03 AM »
Love it here..... You probably will too....
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline Oscoda Ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The Mountains are Blue
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2019, 08:12 AM »
Plenty of areas to choose from.

I grew up in the thumb, descent amount of state land to hunt on. Some nice inland lakes to fish on... close enough for Saginaw Bay, Lake St. Clair, Detroit River, etc.

Northern Michigan in general is a special place as well. River fishing is abundant, Lake Huron or Michigan depending on which side you're on. National Forests for hunting.

Good luck in your decision.

-Kyle
"Fishing is much more than fish. It is the great occasion when we may return to the fine simplicity of our forefathers."    -Herbert Hoover

Offline Doeslayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2019, 08:35 AM »
What do you like to hunt and fish for.... Great deer hunting statewide although the bigger bucks tend to come from the southen LP turkey squirrel and rabbit pretty much everywhere.... Probably the best duck hunting in the entire world out on the bay near sebawaing area.... As for fishing... Well there are quality fish all over although some days i can't prove that lol.... Around 10,000 lakes to choose from.... You could fish a new lake every day til you die here and never see the same place.... Its all about what you want....
Catch and release, into the grease!
"gotta be somebody needs some killin" ~ Major Payne

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2019, 08:35 AM »
As already stated, an abundance of hunting and fishing opportunities here in MI - hard to choose what endeavor to chase sometimes!  Attitude toward sportsmen is generally well accepted throughout the state.

Offline eyetalian stallion

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Stand back! I am a professional
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2019, 08:58 AM »
thanks for the info folks,just getting started,looking for weather similar to here,michigan is the place to look,thanks again

Offline netminder34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2019, 04:23 PM »
thanks for the info folks,just getting started,looking for weather similar to here,michigan is the place to look,thanks again

I grew up here in Michigan and traveled a lot around this great country and other places while in the military.  I spent some time up in Saratoga Springs, I would say if you like that area you will like Michigan.  I moved back last year to get back closer to family and am not regretting my move as I would always spend my vacations back home or out west.  Now there is only one option for vacation, lol.

Offline wingfan87

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2019, 05:18 PM »
E.S.,  I see that alot of my fellow sportsman here in Michigan have replied to you already.  But before I was to recommend a part/area of Michigan for you. Knowing what kinds of areas (northern big woods/rural farm land) you hunt, and what kinds of fish and water types (lakes/rivers) you like would be helpful. I live in south central Michigan (Lansing), I can reach my favorite northern Michigan lakes and hunting areas in about three hours. Also.... your job profession and availability would probably be a more determining factor of where you would live. Just know that you can just about reach any place in the lower peninsula in about a 4/5 hour drive  depending on where you are at.
Good luck.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.