Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Mormon Trail Adair County  (Read 615 times)

Offline PondPirate

• IceShanty Rookie
Mormon Trail Adair County
« on: Dec 16, 2013, 05:06 PM »
Hit Mormon Trail near Bridgewater Sunday. Much like last year, small crappies seem to rule this lake. Caught one bass that was approx 16" and very healthy. Ice pressure is typically light and action is usually decent. Wanting to know if anybody has located the 'eyes in this lake through the ice.
Sitting still and drinking beer. I like ice fishing.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
Re: Mormon Trail Adair County
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2013, 05:47 PM »
Mormon is a neat lake,  haven't fished in a year but have always done well in the south end of dam    And on the main point  , deep during day  then go shallow as sun sets   Good luck   Post how you do.  May make run out Sunday. 

Offline PondPirate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2013, 08:01 PM »
Thanks for the tip! I typically fish the sunken trees off the main point and the deepest water more to the north near the dam (dam actually runs SW to NE). Is there any structure you have found that you target on the south (SW) dam side? I don't know if I'll make it out this weekend, but I'll post results. Judging by the interest in this thread, pressure should be light! LOL!

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #3 on: Dec 21, 2013, 09:17 AM »
S. W dam    There's big brush piles in the corner     Think its 9-12 fow  .
When you were there did it seem the water/ ice level still low?  Can you see water marks on the rocks on the dam.?

Offline PondPirate

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 21, 2013, 01:18 PM »
I didn't know there was a pile in that corner. Thanks! I hit it again this morning from 7 to about 10:30 and same result- lots of crappies but no 'eyes. I started in about 16 ft of water, probably just south of the pile you mentioned. Moved east towards the deeper water (27-28ft) as the morning progressed. Again, plenty of crappies everywhere. I will locate that pile next time and hopefully entice some walleyes. Again, thanks for the info. I was the only shack on the lake again today, so no worries about pressure. Water levels seem okay.

Offline Cotacatchers

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • No Bad Day on Ice
« Reply #5 on: Dec 21, 2013, 03:42 PM »
Good luck. 

Offline vexNclam

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Dec 22, 2013, 09:01 PM »
THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO FISH IN THAT LAKE!!!! THEY HAVE ALL PICKED UP SHOP AND MOVED ELSEWHERE!!!! LMAO  I dont know if you guys have ever noticed but the spot where I see EVERYONE fishing is not the same spot where I do the best and being just outside of town I spend alot of time there!! If you guys are ever fishing out there Ill be in the Clam X2
Ice em and slice em!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.