Author Topic: Eurotackle Spade Blade  (Read 977 times)

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Eurotackle Spade Blade
« on: Nov 07, 2023, 02:33 AM »
Eurotackle Spade Blade - new for 2023-24

The lure comes in two sizes: Micro at 1/16th oz. and standard at 1/4 oz. weight.

Preliminary review:
It is a spoon with a convex side and concave side.  If superimposed by another colorado spoon blade, it follows somewhat a partial likeness and ends where the extended tail.  In concept it's not new as there's a Daredevle spoon with klicker blades on the bottom.  There have also been other ice fishing spoons designs with added flipper blades in the past.  However the silhouette outline of this spade shape spoon sets it apart.  The length of the micro version is about 31mm and the standard one is 42mm. 

I chose the Wonder Bread Glow color pattern.  The rattle chamber on the spoon are tiny and does make some noise.  However there's more noise from the hook and blades jingling that drowns out the sounds from the rattle chamber.  The standard version has paint over the rattle chamber.  While the micro version has the glass rattle exposed.  Well mostly because some Wonder Bread dots are painted over the rattle chamber.  The flipper blades on the micro version are tiny bits of metals, very micro.  The standard version appears to be decent sized.  The flipper blades are set up like "fairy wings" with the convex sides adjoining.  This allows for small jigging motion to flap the wings.  Nice touch with matching color scheme on the flipper blades.  Although personally I would rather see a contrasting flipper blades scheme.  Something like a matted black or maybe a shiny silver or gold.

When the spoon is held horizontally on the side, the profile of it somewhat resembles a baby bluegill.  This could be a potential alteration to jigging the spoon in the future.  If they wanted to overlay a fish pattern onto the spoon with life like eyes and gill rakers accents, there's potential.

For more information read my MN nice journal

Offline slipperybob

• Team IceShantyholic
  • LX5 or die...maybe extra battery.
Re: Eurotackle Spade Blade
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2023, 08:50 PM »
Bucket of water jigging test.

Got around to filling the bucket with water so I can see how the lure works.  So what I noticed was how the lure falls onto the bottom.  It falls really flat leveled.  It almost reminds me of how a bug lands flat. 

Looking at the fall of the lure, I see that it does have a wobble to it.  However it seems somewhat of a muffled wobble on the fall.  Probably due to the little flipper blades putting that drag on it.  It doesn't rock nor shimmy on the fall either. 

Given the small limited space of the bucket, the short lateral retrieve also shows that the lure wobbles.  It reminded me of more of a knuckle ball wobble.

Short jigging lifts shows a slight resistance or rather it doesn't flip up and over like a standard spoon.  Again probably due to the flipper blades. 

Sharp down tap of the rod tips, does gets those little flipper blades to flap.  However allowing the lure to fall, it quickly planes out to a flat leveled position. 

The short jigging test also shows that the treble does not hang up onto the line.

Overall I keep getting the impression of the lure action is a lot like a bug.  Not like a minnow like how most spoons imitates.  I think that's what sets this lure apart of all other spoons.  Now that just refutes any original impression of it being fish like.

...almost makes me wish I had a black version of it.  Easy, just sharpy black color it...
For more information read my MN nice journal

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.