The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: holmes crossing  (Read 998 times)

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
holmes crossing
« on: Jan 08, 2011, 02:36 PM »
hello all,  new to this sight,  i was driving south of green river last night on hwy 430 ,   was going by holmes crossing and i swear i saw ice on the lake and people on the ice,    has anyone been out their, if so  how thick is the ice,   i might hit it on sunday
vance

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
Re: holmes crossing
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2011, 03:38 PM »
hello all,  new to this sight,  i was driving south of green river last night on hwy 430 ,   was going by holmes crossing and i swear i saw ice on the lake and people on the ice,    has anyone been out their, if so  how thick is the ice,   i might hit it on sunday
vance
Welcome IS WYO ruffneck!  ;D
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline wyruffneck

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2011, 03:44 PM »
thank u  this is my first year ice fishing here  i used to ice fish in alaska when i was a kid   i have ben out a couple of times with friends at lost dog and had a great time   caught 7 bows  all around 18-22''  with in a hour and a half  it was a good day for us

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2011, 03:47 PM »
thank u  this is my first year ice fishing here  i used to ice fish in alaska when i was a kid   i have ben out a couple of times with friends at lost dog and had a great time   caught 7 bows  all around 18-22''  with in a hour and a half  it was a good day for us
That's great you did so well! welcome to Wyoming  ;D
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 08, 2011, 04:13 PM »
You saw right....I don't know how far the ice is south but with that last cold snap it's like the whole lake flash froze. Seems everywhere there's ice it has 5 + inches
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline WYIfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing a sport, or just reason to buy stuff?
« Reply #5 on: Jan 08, 2011, 08:38 PM »
vance
FYI 430 is a road that goes south of Rock Spings and heads into Colorado.   I bet it was 530 that you were on south of Green River.   Many remember when the politically correct " Holmes Crossing" was through out history named "squaw hollow".   Thanks forest service for being politically correct.
Thread killer

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 09, 2011, 09:45 AM »
I will always call it Squaw Hallow
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline Mac daddy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2011, 08:38 PM »
my friend was at breeze hill today and there was six inches going tomorro

Offline wyobrink

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2011, 09:50 PM »
I fished that area today (Friday) but the other side of the reservoir.  People were fishing both sides.  Caught two small macs and had a lot come in that would not bite well and that was from 10 am on.  5+ inches of good ice but watch out for the pressure ridges. A lot of them look like they would get you a little wet if you went too close.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.