Author Topic: Daughter wants to customize her tip ups  (Read 2307 times)

Offline jigumup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Born to Fish Forced to Work!
Re: Daughter wants to customize her tip ups
« Reply #30 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:28 PM »
Heritage makes a bright pink flag you can buy as replacement flag. My daughter is 7 and loves the pink. Laugh really hard if you want but I like the pink. They are wicked easy to see at a distance and when it is snowing.

Offline TrikerJohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 29, 2013, 06:58 PM »
I personally think it's great that a kid-any kid, any age is out fishing instead of parked in front of the toob. These "kids" are going to grow into adults and they will be responsible for future sportsman, just as we did growing up, or in my case growing older. Who would you want making the rules and reg's, someone parked in front of a Play Station all day or someone that knows the feeling of pulling a fish through a hole in the ice. We need to get more kids involved. They are the future of the sport we all love so much.  :tipup:
I may not agree with what you say, but I will fight for your right to say it....

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 29, 2013, 08:45 PM »
i stain 5 tip up with blue minwax about 3 years and never poly them they have held up well. my wife want some pink tip up i will be paint those soon. Duct tape works well to replace the flags. it is cheap and easy to change if u want something different. :tipup:

Offline MILLERMANKT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 30, 2013, 08:07 AM »
I think the whole thing is awesome !!! What a great way to bond with your daughter and keep her interested/involved in fishing. Great job dad !!!

Offline pascoag icefisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 30, 2013, 10:59 AM »
Great to see kids out there! That how my wife start fishing with her dad as a kid. When we start dating Her father taught me to  ice fish. It did take until i was total hooked. We been fishing together for 6 years now

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.