Author Topic: Vexilar problem???  (Read 595 times)

Offline swillerjig

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On!!!
Vexilar problem???
« on: Feb 09, 2010, 05:46 PM »
The other day while putting my vex on charge I noticed on the bottom of the transducer the rubber was coming off on 1 edge so I pushed it back in.  Next time I fished with it, it did not work at all so I pulled the rubber back out and it worked!!  Well this can't be the way it is supposed to be, anyways my friend has the fl 12 and mine is a fl 8 will the transducer fit my machine so I can tell if that is the problem for sure, and if it is I see you can buy different degree transducers which one would be best for me, the same thats on it??  I generally don't fish any deeper than 60 ft max.  Any info helps thanks
Fishing is not a hobby it's a way of life!!!

Offline bonez

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you ain't fishin' or huntin' you ain't living!!
Re: Vexilar problem???
« Reply #1 on: Feb 09, 2010, 05:50 PM »
The other day while putting my vex on charge I noticed on the bottom of the transducer the rubber was coming off on 1 edge so I pushed it back in.  Next time I fished with it, it did not work at all so I pulled the rubber back out and it worked!!  Well this can't be the way it is supposed to be, anyways my friend has the fl 12 and mine is a fl 8 will the transducer fit my machine so I can tell if that is the problem for sure, and if it is I see you can buy different degree transducers which one would be best for me, the same thats on it??  I generally don't fish any deeper than 60 ft max.  Any info helps thanks
His transducer will fit yours,either the 12 degree or the 9 degree will work best for you.I have the 9-19 duel beam and also the 12 which came with my fl 20.
Harold Jr.       

Offline swillerjig

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish On!!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:00 AM »
What is the duel beam???
Fishing is not a hobby it's a way of life!!!

Offline Nam 69

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Never Forget Them! All Gave Some but Some Gave ALL
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2010, 12:21 PM »
Just what it means, the machine has a 9 or 19decree, machines have a switch on them to go from. I dont have one yet but will when the time is right and the money aint tight, I'm looking

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.