The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: GLOW paint  (Read 1476 times)

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
GLOW paint
« on: Oct 30, 2005, 06:11 AM »
I was ordering supplies for the store, when I noticed that the wholesaler sells glow-in-the-dark paint for sight pins....

Well....

I remembered how the glowing jigs were slayin' the crappie, last season, so I ordered a little jar of the stuff... looks like its gonna work great!! I held the jar up to the light, then turned it off and the paint glowed like crazy... I think I'm going to paint up some smelt jigs for this year at Worthings.... seems like they should work, good for the smelts looking for something to eat...

Man, I just can't wait....

Oh, btw.... I'm taking my 30-06 in to paper sight the scope... I didn't hunt, last year because of the leg.... I missed 2....two....TWO.... deer, yesterday....

One, I could say it was me.... two... It's the scope...... (at least I hope its the scope...)

I'll be back out there, early, tomorrow, before going to work.... I'll get that venison for the ice....
Scott Wright

Offline Niner

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: GLOW paint
« Reply #1 on: Oct 30, 2005, 07:09 AM »
If you order Cabela's "Tackle Craft" Catalog, they have the glo paint for panfish jig heads.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #2 on: Oct 30, 2005, 07:13 AM »
black pheonix was expirimenting with glow paint a couple years ago...as i recall he was very happy with it!!

Offline smeltshack

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You tell em im coming and my vex is coming with me
« Reply #3 on: Oct 30, 2005, 11:40 AM »
Scott, glad to hear you got into some deer as well. I saw 7 yesterday morning, but unfortuanately i had no doe permit and none of them were bucks. It was fun chasing them around for a bit. A friend of mine brought his to church in the back of a truck so it was nice to see someone got one. Im hoping to get one so i can bring some out for ice fishing as well. Isnt it funny how even hunting revolves around ice fishing. (gotta love it)   i cant wait, bring on the ice

str8shooter

« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2005, 12:09 PM »
Have you ever tried powder paint?  It works great for ice fishing jigs, well jigs in general I guess.  Once you use powder paint, you will never use anything else.  I like it because it has unlimited shelf life and easy to use.  I have used liquid paints but they dry up.  Pro-tec makes a great powder paint.  It is much finer than other powder paints that I have tried.  There are a ton of different colors including a line of new super glow paints that are supposed to glow for a long time. www.tjstacle.com has a great selection and great prices.  You can order small amounts to see if it works for you.

Happy Fishing

Offline bigfish57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • love them square tails!!!!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2005, 02:43 PM »
try some of the glow powder found on EBay.  Mix that stuff withthe epoxy or nailpollich of your choise and have at it. good stuff.
Anthony

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.