The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: 2012 Great East Derby  (Read 5037 times)

Offline MEhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 2012 Great East Derby
« Reply #60 on: Feb 03, 2012, 12:38 PM »
you still want that Vex mount 3 years later??? 

Ha I told him I had lost that.  I thought you gave it to me to give to him and I couldn't find it so I told him it was lost.
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did so. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #61 on: Feb 03, 2012, 04:09 PM »
Tickets will be sold at the boat launch tomorrow morning if you didn't get a chance to purchase them today at the bait stores!!

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #62 on: Feb 04, 2012, 03:54 PM »
Thank you to everyone that showed up today for the Derby!!  It was a success!!! We will be donating 1000.00 to the Sanford Fire Department!!!
Hope everyone enjoyed it!!!!
See you all next year!!!
Thank you Ice Shanty for allowing us to have this Stickey!!!!

Offline Icefindr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Great East Derby
« Reply #63 on: Feb 04, 2012, 05:19 PM »
Fun day out on great east! Cought alotta fish and we had fish on the board all day long, good day

Offline Holden Turbitt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 04, 2012, 06:28 PM »
definetly a good time, even with no fish!

Offline lv2huntandfish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Feb 05, 2012, 10:31 AM »
How many tickets did you guys end up selling? I will be doing this derby next year, all I have heard is praise that the Great East Derby was the best run derby in a while. (Wouldnt expect anything different Mark) Congrats on a success!

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #66 on: Feb 05, 2012, 01:43 PM »
How many tickets did you guys end up selling? I will be doing this derby next year, all I have heard is praise that the Great East Derby was the best run derby in a while. (Wouldnt expect anything different Mark) Congrats on a success!
Thanks Spencer, we sold somewhere around 175 tickets!!!
Next years I hope will be bigger and better!!! We will be advertising here on Shanty again next year, stay tuned for further details!!!!

Offline Backwater_

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dedicated to Fishing
« Reply #67 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:01 PM »
RESULTS OF THE DERBY????

Offline _FLAG_

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Upper Enchanted
« Reply #68 on: Feb 05, 2012, 03:28 PM »
RESULTS OF THE DERBY????
results will be posted tomorrow, need the notes we took to remember everything...

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Feb 05, 2012, 04:56 PM »
Sounds like I'll be right there with ya and finally get to meet ya, you still want that Vex mount 3 years later???  Scotty and his boy will be with there too.
Maka....Yea i would love it.  we will have to get out there fishing together sometime.  Mehunter apparently can't remember anything.   ;D
sorry we didn't meet up yesterday.  you must have been on the other side.
Also:  Flagg and crew.  GREAT job with the derby yesterday.  It was well run and a blast. 

Offline Maka

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Maximum Fish Extraction Please...
« Reply #70 on: Feb 05, 2012, 05:02 PM »
Maka....Yea i would love it.  we will have to get out there fishing together sometime.  Mehunter apparently can't remember anything.   ;D
sorry we didn't meet up yesterday.  you must have been on the other side.
Also:  Flagg and crew.  GREAT job with the derby yesterday.  It was well run and a blast.

LOL, I was the one on the sled when you said hi to AJ as we were leavin!!...  and I had the mount with me just in case we met up.  I asked AJ as we were riding back who that was, but by the time he told me you'd passed us on your sled, and then went right through Scott & I's setup on the way out.  Gettin' closer...

Great day, we got into a decent number of fish, they just need some more meat on their shoulders...

Offline nofishin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:02 AM »
LOL, I was the one on the sled when you said hi to AJ as we were leavin!!...  and I had the mount with me just in case we met up.  I asked AJ as we were riding back who that was, but by the time he told me you'd passed us on your sled, and then went right through Scott & I's setup on the way out.  Gettin' closer...

Great day, we got into a decent number of fish, they just need some more meat on their shoulders...
\
go figure....AJ is a great kid though, glad he got out there

Offline Fish Monger

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Maine
« Reply #72 on: Feb 06, 2012, 06:37 AM »
Thank you to everyone who participated in this event. We had a great time and met lots of good people. We hope to see everyone back and then some next year!

Adults
1st place - 2.705 lb Togue 21 1/4" - $467.00
2nd place - 2.061 lb Togue 19 3/8" - $233.00
3rd place - 1.9 lb Togue - 19 1/4" - $116.00
Kids
1st place - 2.273 lb Togue 20 3/4" - $125.00 (2 traps, ice scoop, jig pole, and wind blinds)
2nd place - 2.269 lb Togue 21" - $50 (ice trap, scoop, jig pole, and wind blinds)
3rd place - 1.832 lb Togue 19 3/4" - $25 (ice trap, scoop, jig pole, and wind blinds)

There were no rainbows caught so a lucky random winner took home $233.00

Thank you to all our sponsors who helped make the day possible. We had plenty of door prizes to hand out all made possible by their generosity.

THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE!!!!!!!!
Dumond Flies

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.