Author Topic: 13 fishing wicked combo  (Read 2167 times)

Offline hesseltine32

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Yelling at the fish on my screen
13 fishing wicked combo
« on: Oct 28, 2013, 04:36 PM »
I just ordered the combo for perch and walleye. I went with the ML as it was on sale. Looking for some reviews on it.  Lakes I fish for walleye aren't huge catch mostly under 20 inchers.

Offline Yooper18

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: 13 fishing wicked combo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:33 PM »
How much did you find them on sale for? I love mine, the handle fits perfectly to my hand. I also have the whiteout and love that pole as well, but the handle on the wicked is perfect.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Nov 08, 2013, 07:54 PM »
Wicked is a sweet rod, no comment on the combo though dont use their spinning reels only their straightlines

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #3 on: Nov 08, 2013, 11:47 PM »
Picked up the same combo on redrockstore for $39 delivered. Seems like a very nice set up. I fish for trout in the same size range 15"+ and spooled it up with 6lb trilene micro ice. The reel is super smooth. I noticed they pulled them from their clearance section now  :( they upped the price on the st. Croix legends too from $37 back to $49  :'( and I just got a $20 gift card with the tent I ordered on their winter prebuy back at the end of September. Guess ill just have to wait till close outs in the spring. Maybe  ;)2
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline pipeboy98

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Nov 08, 2013, 11:56 PM »
I bought mine at fleet farm the tail end of last season for $30.  When I was there last weekend they were $50.  I only used it twice late in the season last year...and I love it.  Now my ten year old thinks he wants one...we'll see...but I think I got a great deal for the thirty...and knowing what I know now I might pay the fifty for it.  It just fits in my hand perfectly and the reel is wicked smooth...no pun intended.  Good reaction on the rod...definitely my new go to rod.

Offline Yooper18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2013, 11:39 AM »
I remember see them online at fleet farm for $30 last year. Wanted to pick up a couple but already spent too much!

Offline Ironeagle

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2013, 08:48 PM »
So the reels are nice on those combos?

As soon as that sun hits the water.. All Hell is gona break loose!
Punch holes and find schools

Offline conesusguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2013, 10:22 AM »
So the reels are nice on those combos?
  Yes sir they are butter smooth very very nice and built well worth the money if you fish a lot cheap reels will cost you in the end learned that lesson last winter myself
This sport takes a certain amount of character in a man that we all should respect and take pride in.

Offline BS-BARN

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Nov 25, 2013, 04:00 PM »
I really like all of 13's rods. I don't know about the reels in actual application but they feel pretty smooth when I'm messing with them at Gander Mt. I have mine matched with Pflueger President micro size reels and its a sweet little combo.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.