The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: St A Bay Wednesday 2/21: anyone?  (Read 15471 times)

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
Re: St A Bay Wednesday 2/21: anyone?
« Reply #60 on: Feb 25, 2018, 02:08 PM »
The ice out there isn’t going to last long not with all the rain and old holes I think I’m done with the whites for ice fishing gotta
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #61 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:35 AM »
went road fishing this am...1 guy out between the barrel and and the point and 1 guy out by lazy lady. at Van Everest 6 or 8 people...  raining and blowing. was going to head out, but tomorrow sounds like a lot better day.   Retirement is a great thing  ;D

HaHa, That was me and my Boy at Hathaway Sunday... Clam Flip Shack?
That Wind/rain mix was Nasty.
Chasing Ice

Offline jonny jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #62 on: Feb 26, 2018, 03:52 PM »
Any one fish out there today how was the bite? I am heading out there tomorrow

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:44 PM »
Any one fish out there today how was the bite? I am heading out there tomorrow

I'm planning on a late afternoon trip myself. Any updates anyone? 

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #64 on: Feb 26, 2018, 09:53 PM »
Oh man Matt’s gonna becout there nobody bring your fishfinder lol  ;D ;D I know a few guys who did ok today idk where in the bay they were but they did ok
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 27, 2018, 07:59 AM »
I'm planning on a late afternoon trip myself. Any updates anyone?

Wow, bring your radiation monitor, Matt, will be blasting with that Marcum! LOL

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #66 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:06 AM »
Wow, bring your radiation monitor, Matt, will be blasting with that Marcum! LOL
ive heard that as well shiveringjoe mentioned that to me on Saturday lol

Offline shiveringjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:12 AM »
Poor Matt... those LX-7's just don't play well with others.

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #68 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:17 AM »
;D ;D

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:26 AM »

Matt we'll just have to go out together with our LX-7s and blow everyone else away  ;D

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #70 on: Feb 27, 2018, 09:27 AM »
Matt we'll just have to go out together with our LX-7s and blow everyone else away  ;D

They're nice flashers, just need to have a spare one on hand while
The other Ones getting repaired!
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #71 on: Feb 27, 2018, 09:36 AM »

Yup! 

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 27, 2018, 09:46 AM »

I've had mine for two seasons with no issues. I thought it was the mechanical Marcums that had trouble

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #73 on: Feb 27, 2018, 10:24 AM »
I had so much interference from the Marcums on the ice on Saturday it was unreal I literally had to turn mine off for a portion of the day

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Feb 27, 2018, 10:30 AM »
Ive had mine in 3 times in 3 years for repairs....good customer service, but the product quality is lacking.

Offline mudchuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Feb 27, 2018, 10:37 AM »
I've had mine for two seasons with no issues. I thought it was the mechanical Marcums that had trouble

I've owned my VX-1P since 2012, just replaced battery 2 years ago and it went in for brushes last year mid-season and they got it back to me within a couple weeks so I didn't lose much time without having it.
I do get a lot of interference from other units, including the various Marcums, Vexilars and Humminbirds used near me, but can usually get most of the screen clutter to minimize by tapping the IR button several times.
Mine unit does cause the other units around me to go wacko, not sure why since the power output is much lower than their units and I always turn the gain down on mine to the lowest setting to just show my lure and the fish under the puck.
All in all, I'm satisfied with my entry level unit, since I bought it it has done well by me.
I plan on upgrading and keeping it as a spare for use as a backup or with peeps that I'm bringing out with me.
Studying on whether to buy the ice puck & portable kit for my Garmin EchoMAP 5DV or just get another dedicated flasher like a Humminbird 55, both are within the price point and features I want.

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #76 on: Feb 27, 2018, 10:46 AM »
Ive had mine in 3 times in 3 years for repairs....good customer service, but the product quality is lacking.

I believe I got mine after they did an upgrade to it, so maybe that is why I'm not having any trouble yet. Sorry to hear that!

Offline koissu

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #77 on: Feb 27, 2018, 10:48 AM »
I've owned my VX-1P since 2012, just replaced battery 2 years ago and it went in for brushes last year mid-season and they got it back to me within a couple weeks so I didn't lose much time without having it.
I do get a lot of interference from other units, including the various Marcums, Vexilars and Humminbirds used near me, but can usually get most of the screen clutter to minimize by tapping the IR button several times.
Mine unit does cause the other units around me to go wacko, not sure why since the power output is much lower than their units and I always turn the gain down on mine to the lowest setting to just show my lure and the fish under the puck.
All in all, I'm satisfied with my entry level unit, since I bought it it has done well by me.
I plan on upgrading and keeping it as a spare for use as a backup or with peeps that I'm bringing out with me.
Studying on whether to buy the ice puck & portable kit for my Garmin EchoMAP 5DV or just get another dedicated flasher like a Humminbird 55, both are within the price point and features I want.

I almost always fish solo so I obviously don't run into interference issues. TheFishingWeatherman and I do have to keep distance if we are using them too close, as my LX7 will cause interference on his screen (I think Helix 5 ice). Seems like mine causes other people issues, but not the other way around. Although Saturday when I was close to the crowd over the school I did get some.

Offline Land of 10,000

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #78 on: Feb 27, 2018, 12:11 PM »
I've had my Vex FL 18 for approx 15 years now.  The thing is indestructible.  I once had the high speed transducer hooked up to the back of the boat on Lake of the Woods and I noticed it was rooster tailing.  Moments later the transducer mounted to the back of the boat came off and it took the hole unit into the water (doing prob 40MPH).  Turned around and found my vexilar floating in the water!  Luckily the battery came loose or I probably would've lost everything...  Never had one problem with it in 15 years.  Upgraded to the Tri-beam transducer 4 years or so ago which is nice.  I'm going to try a couple buddies newer ones (trip to MN) which have the "weed mode".  Curious if it cuts down the weeds pretty good while still seeing a small tungsten...  I think I've seen youtube videos already.  Going to Lake Winnipeg, Canada in mid-march for some pig marble eyes!!  I think I'm going to top my PB 29.25" Walter.  Got Bruin Outfitters guiding 4 of us.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #79 on: Feb 27, 2018, 02:29 PM »
I have the flx28 with weedmode and have used it sucessfully.  Worked well for me even fishing for crappies in 3-5 fow.  Others have complained about limited success.

Offline Profish169

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #80 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:31 PM »
Was anyone out there today headed tomorrow just wondering the ice conditions and how getting on is

Offline jonny jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #81 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:38 PM »
It’s a good day when u pull 6 pails of whites off the ice well 3 left with the China men lol if it rains not going to be good this weekend

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #82 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:48 PM »
Grrrrr everybody’s making me jealous

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #83 on: Feb 27, 2018, 04:59 PM »
Grrrrr everybody’s making me jealous

Unless you're selling them, anything over a couple pails in a day becomes a PITA very quickly! Fun while you're landing them, but then what? Hahaha

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Feb 27, 2018, 05:00 PM »
I do it for fun I love fishing em

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #85 on: Feb 27, 2018, 05:53 PM »
I do it for fun I love fishing em

That's awesome. 

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
« Reply #86 on: Feb 27, 2018, 07:36 PM »
It’s a good day when u pull 6 pails of whites off the ice well 3 left with the China men lol if it rains not going to be good this weekend

Jigger, you hauled in 6 buckets today?!?!?!
Thats a damn good day right there.
They must have been in there good for morning bite? Or was it better in the pm?
Chasing Ice

Offline jonny jigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #87 on: Feb 27, 2018, 07:46 PM »
Fished only 2 holes fished move twice all day then at 3 lost them it was a good day now Sunny’s tomorrow I wish the ice would stay had something that never happen before had 3 Asian gentalmen come out looking for fish took 3 of my 5 gallon pail full of fish ended up with 3  5 gallon pails left of fish in my sled

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
« Reply #88 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:01 PM »
Fished only 2 holes fished move twice all day then at 3 lost them it was a good day now Sunny’s tomorrow I wish the ice would stay had something that never happen before had 3 Asian gentalmen come out looking for fish took 3 of my 5 gallon pail full of fish ended up with 3  5 gallon pails left of fish in my sled

You caught 10 buckets?
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #89 on: Feb 27, 2018, 08:11 PM »
Went into the horde of people after work, a nice gentlemen offered his hole to me when I got there. Steady bite for a while and they ended up scattering and moving fast. Caught a few flurries before I left and took home about 2.5 buckets. The Asian guys cracked me up. They were really going to meet people AT the bait shop and intercept them and offer more than the bait shop, lmao.

Shores and ice are going fast, but I think this weekend people will manage to get out with boards. Wish the schools were bigger and moved slower, but still a good afternoon.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.