New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD  (Read 1339119 times)

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: LAKE GEORGE BS THREAD
« Reply #960 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:45 PM »
Some of the old timers in the Indian Lake area have told us to step on your bait, put right on bottom with about 4 foot of slack in your line.  They swear that this is the only way to catch lake trout.
Man. I've been fishing with an older dude from my area that sold me on exactly that. I thought he was nuts until I put up my biggest pike to date.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #961 on: Feb 20, 2013, 01:46 PM »
I kinda feel like goin all "combsey"@ work right now!!!!
Oh man! Think I started somethin'.  ;D

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #962 on: Feb 20, 2013, 02:29 PM »
Ahh I lovee the 3 s's ... Skin em... Scent em ... Sink em ... If that flag goes up you know it's a big guy !!!
*REMOVED*

Offline jigshimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #963 on: Feb 20, 2013, 02:50 PM »
I once came across tip ups left unattended over nite on Saratoga Lake. We were going for walleyes and had intended to have all tips up in before daylight.  Came across these tip ups in the dark a long ways from where we were setting up. They were iced in and three flags had gone off. We freed them and brought in two walleyes. Tossed fish in our sleds and left tip ups inhole with flags ttipped. I would never have the nerve to do that in daylight, too many nuts, but it did feel good that they did not gain from their illegal actions. 

Offline pfd5623sg

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Dont eat the yellow snow... or ice... lmao
« Reply #964 on: Feb 20, 2013, 02:54 PM »
hi all... does anyone have info on places to stay on the lake  motel/ cabins etc... id like to come fishing for a few days and like to stay on the lake for easy fishing without traveling... please Private message me with info..thanxs good luck be safe...

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #965 on: Feb 20, 2013, 03:12 PM »
hi all... does anyone have info on places to stay on the lake  motel/ cabins etc... id like to come fishing for a few days and like to stay on the lake for easy fishing without traveling... please Private message me with info..thanxs good luck be safe...
Fort William Henry is open all year.
Lil pricey, but the place is ballin'.
[url][http://www.fortwilliamhenry.com//url]

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #966 on: Feb 20, 2013, 03:14 PM »

PM sent!

Offline slymer83

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #967 on: Feb 20, 2013, 03:53 PM »
Gonna head up to the lake for the weekend and fish with my buddy who i see maybe 4 times a year cant wait gonna be a great weekend as long as there is no snow then he will have to work then ill have to go by myself lol

JJ

« Reply #968 on: Feb 20, 2013, 04:40 PM »
I don't think its legal to keep fish that you caught on someone else's unattended tip-ups that you found either; wouldn't that be gaining from their illegal actions. ???

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #969 on: Feb 20, 2013, 05:24 PM »

sorry guys but there is PA hills people heading your way with a flat lander , i'm sure things will be interesting  ;D

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #970 on: Feb 20, 2013, 05:48 PM »
No person shall operate tip-ups without being in immediate attendance while tip-ups are in the water.

from the DEC hand book .... OK so now to open a can of grubs  ;D..................... ..  immediate  attendance ? .. very vague .... does that mean you cant use binoculars to see the flags ... because with a wheeler you can get to a tip up immediately ....  i have set up right in between a group who scattered their tip  ups at least a half mile ...(not on purpose..... ;) of course)  and they were there pretty quick when noticing a flag ...  what about someone roasting their toes on shore at a camp  and watching out the window ? illegal ... or not ..?  And no for the record I'm not fortunate enough to have my house  paid off ... let alone a camp on a lake .....
*REMOVED*

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #971 on: Feb 20, 2013, 05:50 PM »
           Today I went out w/ship of fools & my friend Art, I got my 100th laker today from Lake George

It was a good day, the wind picked up around 1pm & the bite slowed down. mWe had some snow flurries, just a nice day out on the lake. ;D

Offline carpy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #972 on: Feb 20, 2013, 05:52 PM »
Congrats on your 100th laker jeff. :tipup: :tipup:

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #973 on: Feb 20, 2013, 05:53 PM »
           Today I went out w/ship of fools & my friend Art, I got my 100th laker today from Lake George
(Image removed from quote.)
           It was a good day, the wind picked up around 1pm & the bite slowed down. mWe had some snow flurries, just a nice day out on the lake. ;D

looks like its got a crazy hook jaw ..... awsome accomplishment ..  is this the first year you have surpassed 100 ?
*REMOVED*

Offline TC5

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #974 on: Feb 20, 2013, 05:58 PM »
nice job ice wander.hope to be out on fri with meal worm.hope to see you out there and get some tips.tc5

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #975 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:35 PM »
congrats jeff        i dont think im going to hit the mark unless i stay at the lake
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #976 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:44 PM »

sorry guys but there is PA hills people heading your way with a flat lander , i'm sure things will be interesting  ;D
And the president of the OLLC will be inhouse  ;D

Offline JAGER61

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #977 on: Feb 20, 2013, 06:49 PM »
WTG Jeff! Very interesting looking laker! Sort of a snapping turtle with find! LOL! Unique fish to round out your milestone! Congrats!

Mike

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #978 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:16 PM »
You can tell you have been busy catching lakers IW. Bibs covered in laker slime........ Check!  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #979 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:23 PM »
looks like its got a crazy hook jaw ..... awsome accomplishment ..  is this the first year you have surpassed 100 ?
          Thanks everyone, I appreciate it It's not my 1st yr. getting to 100, 2 yrs. ago I caught 157 for the season. But this yr.s I got to 100 in a shorter period. I wouldn't have been able to do it If I had not retired 2.5 yrs ago. ;D

Offline Pickeralpicker91

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #980 on: Feb 20, 2013, 07:46 PM »
No person shall operate tip-ups without being in immediate attendance while tip-ups are in the water.

from the DEC hand book .... OK so now to open a can of grubs  ;D..................... ..  immediate  attendance ? .. very vague .... does that mean you cant use binoculars to see the flags ... because with a wheeler you can get to a tip up immediately ....  i have set up right in between a group who scattered their tip  ups at least a half mile ...(not on purpose..... ;) of course)  and they were there pretty quick when noticing a flag ...  what about someone roasting their toes on shore at a camp  and watching out the window ? illegal ... or not ..?  And no for the record I'm not fortunate enough to have my house  paid off ... let alone a camp on a lake .....

In my humble interpretation, if you can't see them at any time, you're not "in attendance."  For the record, I put all my tipups fairly close together.  I think we can all agree that leaving the lake and driving home for the night isn't being attendant lol. 

Offline bluemountainlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • my fish was bigger than yours
« Reply #981 on: Feb 21, 2013, 01:49 AM »
great job jeff!!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #982 on: Feb 21, 2013, 03:08 AM »
Congratulations on your 100th Ice Wanderer, that's fantastic! Great looking fish for the special occasion! Thank You for sharing the moment with us, the picture is awesome.....almost identical to your posting picture....was that one #100 also from a previous season?  Great job buddy!! :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :icefish:

Offline wec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #983 on: Feb 21, 2013, 03:10 AM »
Congrats Jeff.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #984 on: Feb 21, 2013, 03:33 AM »
.....almost identical to your posting picture....was that one #100 also from a previous season?
           Actually it was my 1st laker of the season I got 157 lakers. :)

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #985 on: Feb 21, 2013, 05:38 AM »
It's nice that some of you guys are getting the 100 plus lakers. Yes im a little jelious and i said little because i don't fish lakers but once in a while. Im a perch guy myself but don't have too much luck with them. Back to all the lakers you guys are catching. Some of you have paid dues and are retired, others just seem to have alot of time to spend on the King. I got 5 years till retirement and hopefully will be doing the same thing you guys are. Fish everyday. If you guys did'nt have the time you would have a hard time surpassing 100 in one ice season.First you need the knowledge, then the time. Once you have that it's FISH ON for the 100. Hard to get there when you have to work 5 days a week. Keep em commin, & tight lines.

aj454

Offline EasternCentralNY21

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love The Great Outdoors
« Reply #986 on: Feb 21, 2013, 07:41 AM »
haha i got 1 for the entire season i need a free lesson!

Offline catchnofishthisisfun

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #987 on: Feb 21, 2013, 07:52 AM »
i dont think ice wanderer is wandering at all. i believe he knows right where hes going all the time.

congrats on your fish sir!
"One fish. Two fish. Red fish. Blue fish. Black fish. Blue fish. Old fish. New fish. This one has a little star. This one has a little car. Say! What a lot of fish there are."  Dr. Seuss

Offline bigredonice

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • keep searchin' 'till ya find 'em.
« Reply #988 on: Feb 21, 2013, 08:57 AM »
AJ,  I also work 5 days/week.   if you do it right, you can do 100 lake trout in a 3 day weekend like we just had.  ;)

Offline o2rmk800

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #989 on: Feb 21, 2013, 09:11 AM »
any snow sticking to the lake up there yet? was thinking about brining the sled tomorrow. I know I can skip the crack on the sled without breaking it up like a wheeler would. thanks

Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.