New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Saratoga Lake BS 2016  (Read 22173 times)

Offline fishyfishes

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Saratoga Lake BS 2016
« Reply #180 on: Feb 17, 2016, 02:51 PM »
A friend of mine just told me that the commissioner was just at Brown's. From what I understand, he said he's going to start charging people to park if they don't start respecting the property (i.e. parking on the lawn, leaving trash etc.). There's a bent post that they use to tie down the picnic tables too. My friend said something about shanty, so we may see him on here with something to say. I hope this access doesn't get ruined because of other people's lack of respect.  :-\

Offline JayDub

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #181 on: Feb 18, 2016, 11:10 AM »
A friend of mine just told me that the commissioner was just at Brown's. From what I understand, he said he's going to start charging people to park if they don't start respecting the property (i.e. parking on the lawn, leaving trash etc.). There's a bent post that they use to tie down the picnic tables too. My friend said something about shanty, so we may see him on here with something to say. I hope this access doesn't get ruined because of other people's lack of respect.  :-\

Only a matter of time, don't know how many beer cans I picked up last year

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #182 on: Feb 18, 2016, 01:08 PM »
I will be fishing there for the first time this weekend ...I will do my part & pick up the ice & grounds of any trash...
images.jpeg

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #183 on: Feb 18, 2016, 02:10 PM »
fished yesterday north of snake hill.. used the quad to get out... shoreline ice had a lot of water on top of it out to about 150 yards then hard black ice,  >7 inches everywhere we drilled.  Fishing was slow

Offline icecaptain14

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #184 on: Feb 20, 2016, 12:29 PM »
looking for pointers on the walleyes in there for next week hoping to at least catch one for the season rock beds or points will be helpful thanks

Offline Felix77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #185 on: Feb 20, 2016, 01:02 PM »
Looking to venture out tomorrow for the first time this year.  With this warming trend do you think its still safe tomorrow?  Never ice fished Toga.

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #186 on: Feb 20, 2016, 01:09 PM »
Where are you looking to go out at?  Use caution and common sense but public spots like browns beach and off fitch road will be fine tommorrow.  Many out fishing those locations today

Offline Felix77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #187 on: Feb 20, 2016, 03:09 PM »
This is my 1st time venturing out to Toga so it sounds like you helped me narrow my options.   Thanks.

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #188 on: Feb 23, 2016, 07:00 PM »
anyone still been catching any eyes on toga? if so was wondering if anyone been catching them in the shallows yet? been skunked the last 3 trips. been fishing around 12 to 25 fow. Did well with the crappies though. got dozen on sunday from 12 to 16in.

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #189 on: Feb 26, 2016, 03:08 PM »
Is there enough ice to fish? Drove past today and saw 2 guys off Fitch - none anywhere else. Looks like you're gonna at least need a plank or tall boots.

Offline JC4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #190 on: Feb 26, 2016, 04:30 PM »
Is there enough ice to fish? Drove past today and saw 2 guys off Fitch - none anywhere else. Looks like you're gonna at least need a plank or tall boots.
I drove by the south end and Brown's. The shoreline is shot at Brown's and the south end looked very sketchy. I also saw those guys, chessie. They were in or near the spots that I have been hammering the gills and craps for the last week. Stay on top everyone, but it you can't stay on top grab a fin on your way down. Seriously, don't take stupid risks. No fish is worth it.
"It is better to have fished and lost...than never to have fished at all."

Offline chessieman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #191 on: Feb 28, 2016, 04:13 PM »
Well, I feel fortunate to have gotten this weekend in. That leap from the shore to the hard ice wasn't bad today, but it's not gonna get any easier. I can summarize my season with a couple pic's.

One of the reasons I fish is because I like to eat fish

And this is the other reason - showed him how to use the flasher and bait a tear drop - training ended and catching began - an ice fisherman is born.

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #192 on: Feb 28, 2016, 07:06 PM »
nice pics the smile on this rookie fisherman says it all. lots of good eating right there.

Offline Garufi518

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #193 on: Feb 29, 2016, 02:38 PM »
Kinda off topic but the weather is changing...does anyone know how much it costs to dock a boat seasonally here just looking for a rough number thanks guys

Offline basshunter12748

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #194 on: Mar 02, 2016, 04:29 PM »
One guy with brass balls off of fitch right now haha...  lots of open water spots throughout the mainlake

Offline JC4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #195 on: Mar 02, 2016, 06:25 PM »
One guy with brass balls off of fitch right now haha...  lots of open water spots throughout the mainlake
Ummm,yeh...that was yours truly.  :P
"It is better to have fished and lost...than never to have fished at all."

Offline rayban

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #196 on: Mar 03, 2016, 07:09 AM »
Kinda off topic but the weather is changing...does anyone know how much it costs to dock a boat seasonally here just looking for a rough number thanks guys

My impression from hearing talk over the years docking at Lee's Campground is the least expensive on the lake. Point Breeze & the marina across from him supposedly have grumbled about it (this according to someone who works at Lee's - don't really know first hand). No idea the actual fees but I'd start with Lee's and then check the other two. There is also South Shore Marina on the south end. Some complaints/grumblings over the years about fees there but more about launching, especially on weekends, not sure about docking. There are sometimes issues on the south end in early spring with water levels making it difficult to get out, not a problem usually on the north end. 

Offline Fontona19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #197 on: Mar 03, 2016, 02:21 PM »
My impression from hearing talk over the years docking at Lee's Campground is the least expensive on the lake. Point Breeze & the marina across from him supposedly have grumbled about it (this according to someone who works at Lee's - don't really know first hand). No idea the actual fees but I'd start with Lee's and then check the other two. There is also South Shore Marina on the south end. Some complaints/grumblings over the years about fees there but more about launching, especially on weekends, not sure about docking. There are sometimes issues on the south end in early spring with water levels making it difficult to get out, not a problem usually on the north end.

But there are times that you are blocked in at the north end by the rowers. Now that one of the rowing teams owns the house in between Stewarts and the STATE launch they take it all over a few different times throughout the summer.  :pinch:

Offline Bassmaster16

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #198 on: Mar 03, 2016, 03:36 PM »
anyone been out on the lake fishing at all? was wondering if the shorelines tightened up at all

Offline JiggnWithIt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #199 on: Mar 03, 2016, 04:11 PM »
Drove by Fitch this afternoon and there was three guys out there

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #200 on: Mar 04, 2016, 09:16 AM »
A number of guys off Fitch this morning.  The ice has moved close to shore, access looks easy.  South end is shot, Fish creek is shot, access from the Canoe/kayak launch looks very sketchy.  Maybe the last chance this year.

Offline rayban

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #201 on: Mar 04, 2016, 10:13 AM »
A number of guys off Fitch this morning.  The ice has moved close to shore, access looks easy.  South end is shot, Fish creek is shot, access from the Canoe/kayak launch looks very sketchy.  Maybe the last chance this year.

Saw the same just a short while ago. I'd just suggest being careful anywhere you go this weekend.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.