New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: "Olf Farts" With Augers  (Read 20810 times)

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
"Olf Farts" With Augers
« on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:18 PM »
Well Trapper,
The fly chasers are on the wall for the season, so I figured we needed a substitute for the MFF thread. All you "Old Farts" are welcome to chime in and impart your many years of ice fishing wisdom...or just bust each others chops ;D

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Re: "Olf Farts" With Augers
« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:19 PM »
this should be fun!! i just pulled up my bucket! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:22 PM »
Being one from the "younger Generation" , I'm following Pooley's lead and pulling up a bucket....either way, I'll learn something new, or laugh like the rest !

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:24 PM »
I've been pretty quiet on the other board for a while, but just might have to chime in here once in  awhile. Glad this is the "Old Timers With Augers" thread rather that "Old Farts With Lumps." Though I suppose I could have had a few things to add to that as well. ;)
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:25 PM »
Checking in RG.... ;D
Looked over my auger, noticed it had fallen off the hooks in the garage. Appears the top handle(plastic) has had the shaft of the handle punched through it. Time to MacGyver something with that now. ::)
For you young guys, that was a TV show. He could take down 100 Bad guys with a shoe lace, and a coat hanger and an old battery... ;D

Offline townzee

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:49 PM »
Checking in RG.... ;D
Looked over my auger, noticed it had fallen off the hooks in the garage. Appears the top handle(plastic) has had the shaft of the handle punched through it. Time to MacGyver something with that now. ::)
For you young guys, that was a TV show. He could take down 100 Bad guys with a shoe lace, and a coat hanger and an old battery... ;D

Don't forget the duct tape, and Swiss army knife.

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2010, 03:57 PM »
i am not as old as you ,Gamma and Trapper but i do have almost 30 years of ice fishing under my belt here in up state Ny. i look foward to high jacking your thread RG. ::) ::) ::) :P ;D ;D ;D ;D oh ya my auger worked fine this morning by the way :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :flex: :icefish: :icefish: i told you i was ready to go and i did ;) ;)
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2010, 04:11 PM »
"Old age is like everything else. To make a success of it, you've got to start young."
Theodore Roosevelt
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline shark

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2010, 04:57 PM »
Does this include power augers too, Once we get over 10 inches of ice it comes out. Aw hell............ over 8 inches and it comes out, who am i kiddin.
How's the ice

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2010, 05:06 PM »
do i qualify ?

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2010, 05:44 PM »
do i qualify ?

(Image removed from quote.)
you are something else and i knew it was coming ;D ;D ;D ;D nice :P

Offline OneBucketMike

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:07 PM »
Ole One Bucket signing in. I age qualify but my auger has been used the past three days-haven't filled that bucket up yet FrankieFish but I'll keep trying!!!   Cya all.....

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2010, 06:44 PM »
Gee Filet, the contents of your bag look like pure Bourbon... :o
Think your gonna need the extreme terrain wheel chair though... ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:10 AM »
Gee Filet, the contents of your bag look like pure Bourbon... :o
Think your gonna need the extreme terrain wheel chair though... ;D
it's going to production as we speak  ;D

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:14 AM »
Seems when I turned 45, my whole demeanor changed KP. As in  deolder I get, demeanor I get... :P

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:16 AM »
I still find it amusing that RG missspelled old!!    :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Dec 13, 2010, 11:51 AM »
I hear Ya oletimer, I was going to be nice and try not to bust his chops when I read it this morning!! ;D He is a veteran on here you know!! LOL!! That would make me a MEANIE!!! ;D Titelines! Where's Trapper???--KP 8)
Nice since when  ??? ??? Holly Crap man let him have it. you didnt back down on Gamma this morning did ya ??? ??? ::) ::) ;D ;D

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #17 on: Dec 13, 2010, 11:57 AM »
it's all good ,and everyone is fair game :woot:

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18 on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:36 PM »
hey KP my sinuses are flushed out to ,no build up just right now  :woot:

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #19 on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:47 PM »
well  way  i see  it  RG    ht  is  younger ,  i  better  let  him  drag  my  gear  out  and  drill  the  holes!  and  kp   he's  younger  and  got  a  sled  too  ....  poor  old  trap  and  gamma  seen  better  days but  were willing to share  the  fun with these  youngsters .....were  that  type  of  guys!!!!!

now  i  have  bout  1000  jigs   and  a  lot  of   nymphs  and  scuds  tied  up  .... 

think  were  all  set   fish  all  day  and  ty  flies  at  night  ....gawd  when  will  spring  be  here??????

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Dec 13, 2010, 05:53 PM »
well  way  i see  it  RG    ht  is  younger ,  i  better  let  him  drag  my  gear  out  and  drill  the  holes!  and  kp   he's  younger  and  got  a  sled  too  ....  poor  old  trap  and  gamma  seen  better  days but  were willing to share  the  fun with these  youngsters .....were  that  type  of  guys!!!!!

now  i  have  bout  1000  jigs   and  a  lot  of   nymphs  and  scuds  tied  up  .... 

think  were  all  set   fish  all  day  and  ty  flies  at  night  ....gawd  when  will  spring  be  here??????
well about time old man. get your self ready for this weekend its time to fill the freezes again ;D ;D

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #21 on: Dec 13, 2010, 07:52 PM »
I'M  ALREADY   FILLING  BUDDY  BUT  I'LL  GIVE  YA  A  CALL  TOMORROW   GOING  TO HAVE  TO PASS  ON  THIS  WEEK  END    SORRY 

Offline oletimer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Dec 13, 2010, 08:58 PM »
Hope you have a great season Trap. Might have to take a ride one day this winter. Would be great to hit the ice with ya. Keep the youngin in check will ya.

adam2000

« Reply #23 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:15 PM »
whats up trapper i see you fianlly made it over here took you loong enough, lol

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #24 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:16 PM »
ole   let  us  know  when  buddy  and  we'll have  some  fun  to  be  honest   i plan  on  big  bay  and  the  pond  alot  this  year  ....might  have  to  see  if  ht  has  room on  his  4  wheeler  for  us  ;D

life  is  good

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:22 PM »
whats up trapper i see you fianlly made it over here took you loong enough, lol

i  was  fishing  open  water  till  this  week  and  chasing deer  ...  after   chasing  deer   all  bow  season  i  finally  shot  a  record yearly  with  my  bow  in a  friends  back  yard,i  did  this  to leave  those  big  bucks  for  you  guys , then i  had  to  beat up  on  some  late  season open  water  perch not   much  smaller  then  my deer  ....   now   i  have  a  few  "secret  spots"  that  only  half  of  new  york  know  about   so i plan  on  hitting the  hard  water  good  .....i'll  be  running  strickly  beads  and  bobbers  and  just  rip  them  gills  and  crappies  threw  the  ice  ...hey  adam  yer  young  ......  wanna   carry  this  auger?????

live  the  dream

adam2000

« Reply #26 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:27 PM »
yeah im a mule ill carry everything

Offline Gamma Fish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Dec 13, 2010, 09:30 PM »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
PLASTICS ARE FANTASTIC  !!

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28 on: Dec 14, 2010, 04:28 AM »
I'm still not sure Gamma is "Old Fart" qualified. I don't think he's past his 10th lustrum :-\

RG
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #29 on: Dec 14, 2010, 04:51 AM »
I'm still not sure Gamma is "Old Fart" qualified. I don't think he's past his 10th lustrum :-\

RG
i do believe he is eligible for the 50 plus club, RG are you at the 12th

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.