New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ice fishing & beer  (Read 18983 times)

Offline Mr. Jitterbugger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: ice fishing & beer
« Reply #30 on: Mar 24, 2010, 08:48 AM »
drinking on the ice is totally fine.... so long as its blackberry brandy and still before 10am.  8) :tipup:

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Mar 24, 2010, 11:44 AM »
yeah the blackberry,  that stuff will warm you up . ;D
images.jpeg

Offline StriperSniper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Mar 24, 2010, 12:19 PM »
Drink all you want but there are rules.

1. Have a designated driver.
2. Stay away from the kids.
3. Wear ice cleats. Definitely!
4. Bring a trash bag.
5. Don't be an a@$#s.
I'm sure you could add to this list.

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 24, 2010, 02:48 PM »
weird time of year right now waiting for ice to exit and waiting for that dang turkey season to open.looks like this thread is getting heated.Lets just say this if ya drink responibly do it up.its your choice really it is.Everyones 2 cents turns into an argument.Lets relax and use the search tool for the upcoming open water over on MFF,it will be alot more productive.

Offline jackfrost

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 24, 2010, 03:12 PM »
It's America do what you want!!!

Offline Mr.Esox

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Keep it hard
« Reply #35 on: Mar 24, 2010, 04:30 PM »
Life is balance abuse it pay the consequences enjoy it in moderation.
Mr.Esox

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Mar 24, 2010, 07:25 PM »
If you don't want to drink beer then great DONT DRINK IT, whether on hardwater or not.

DRINKING BEER  is YOUR choice, noone is going to FORCE YOU TO DRINK IT.   

If you do CHOOSE to drink beer, please drink it responsibly and obviously pick up after yourself.

Beer keeps a roof over my families head and I don't appreciate people taking shots at a 100% legal choice of beverage.

If you dont like people drinking beer then take your teeth decaying soda pop and move to a dry county in the bible belt.

GOOD LUCK FINDING HARDWATER THERE!
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Mar 24, 2010, 07:56 PM »

If you dont like people drinking beer then take your teeth decaying soda pop and move to a dry county in the bible belt.

Oh snap! That teeth decaying soda pop puts a roof over MY head. lol. All in jest man.
There's no need for anyone to get riled up. We all have our beliefs. It's fun sharing on these threads as long as everyone is respectful about it.
The angle of the dangle is directly proportionate to the heat of the beat.
http://i63.tinypic.com/ei5njr.png

Offline gil_lunkage

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Mar 24, 2010, 08:24 PM »
 :o whoops,
Sorry Perch(and everyone else) sometimes I get a bit worked up. I have no problem with soda, I actually just had one this evening(hopefully it was your brand ;).
"Don't hate me cause you ain't me"
~ Some Dude

Offline MNTMAN12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:12 PM »
I like to get blitzed on the ice and pee in holes....but thats just me!

Offline uglystickjake

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got ice ?
« Reply #40 on: Mar 24, 2010, 09:13 PM »
Oh snap! That teeth decaying soda pop puts a roof over MY head. lol. All in jest man.
There's no need for anyone to get riled up. We all have our beliefs. It's fun sharing on these threads as long as everyone is respectful about it.

Very well said ,,,that carbonated candy water pays my bills too....lol ..most of them anyway!!And without us the dentists would be mad..Could you imagine just doing routine cleanings all day...you would wear out the old rotozip...
*REMOVED*

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Mar 24, 2010, 10:35 PM »
I like to get blitzed on the ice and pee in holes....but thats just me!

Now... that is funny!!! ;D Cause I have never thought about pissin in my hole!! I always end up trying not to show the "goods" to other angler's also!!! ;)

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Mar 25, 2010, 06:14 AM »
I personally don't drink soda, only once & a while. if you drink soda or beer on the ice just remember to clean up after your self. ;)
images.jpeg

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Mar 25, 2010, 06:23 AM »
:o whoops,
Sorry Perch(and everyone else) sometimes I get a bit worked up. I have no problem with soda, I actually just had one this evening(hopefully it was your brand ;).
No problem at all man. Whether you sell it, drink it, or what. Your retort was funny.

Offline 5827chris

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Mar 25, 2010, 03:54 PM »
It's America do what you want!!!

Amen!!!

Offline Drewski121

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • oh yeah
« Reply #45 on: Mar 25, 2010, 03:57 PM »
mmmmBEER ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline EarlyIce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Mar 25, 2010, 04:31 PM »
I pee in my ice holes. Only when I've had a great bite, other supposed "fisherman" are closing in and I know they're gonna jump on my holes when I leave. Then, when I'm all packed up and ready to flip open the shanty, I drop trow and fill em up. Put the lid on the shanty and smile the whole ride back to shore as I look back and see the followers scramble to my "hot spot"  ;D ;D. So beware of any steaming holes!  :P

Offline tippin2back

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • HOUSE ON THE LAKE WITH NO TAXES!
« Reply #47 on: Mar 25, 2010, 04:34 PM »
beer is good...yummy yummy yum..i love beer yummy yummy yum.....id go on but i gotta go get a beer... ;D
ICE TO THE TOP PLEASE!!!.....

Offline Tricounty

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Mar 25, 2010, 07:51 PM »
DRINKING IS THE DEVILS LIQUID!

I guess that makes me Satan :o
Looks like Chuck is taking the skinny boat to tuna town. "Pops"

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Mar 25, 2010, 08:17 PM »
Well, Gents. I am starting to think this thread is going SOUTH, if ya know what I mean ??? Let's try to clean it up a bit, just out of respect for the Mod's that work thier butts off, and they only do it for the love of our sport!! ;D

Offline dan_lais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • NORTHERN!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: Mar 25, 2010, 08:28 PM »
i say iceshanty makes an iceshanty Jr. for kids and then the mods wont have to moderate as much.and all the PERFECT gentlemen on here can use Jr. too.And what will be left?conversation for grown men.yay or nay on this idea?

Offline prchslyr

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Mar 25, 2010, 08:33 PM »
I've got no complaints.
I'm curious to see how this one pans out.

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Mar 25, 2010, 08:58 PM »
People do associate drinking and ice fishing.  But at the same time people associate drinking and many other things as well.  Is comonly thought that people in deer camps drink.  People that pay softball drink.  Construction workers drink.  Mechanics all drink.  those Catholics man can they party and drink.  Those car salesman, man do they drink after work.  The concrete crews man they can drink.  and so on and so on, almost everyone or think can get drinking attached to it.  Why? well people only remember the bad ones.  the guy that has one or two on an outing stays low key and is not noticed, and what is the harm with that?   but the ones that get hammered do get noticed, and remembered and there is why people associate drinking and ________.(fill in the blank with what every you like)  Is your decision how many you want to have, if you want to be the drunk-in fool out there i guess that is his decision.  Granted may not be the most pleasant fishing next to him, but over the coarse of a little while i bet you do get a little humor from the poor drunk fool lol.  Drunk people do some stupid things.  but if your of age you need to be responsible for your self, if i choose to have a beer or two over the course of the day I think i will.  But there are many more things that get the Drinking attached to it.  I also want to say that that ALL of the above are just examples, I personally don't attach drinking to any of them, and don't want to make anyone mad about throwing a name, profession, or belief in that list.  I do think it is too bad though that groups of things get labled as DRINKERS.  Ruins it for some of us, we are not evil if we have a beer or two, and do it in a responsible manor.  

on another note, I bought a beer kit and now make some of my own, is fun to go fishing and have a homebrew.  but usually go fishing and have a home brew when i get home. Any other ice anglers out there do a little homebrewing?

Offline MNTMAN12

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:13 PM »
I do

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:24 PM »
 I have made some homebrew before & it turned out so so , I will have to make another batch to bring ice fishing this fall.& I will bring all the bottles home with me off the ice to refill with more homebrew. :) :)
images.jpeg

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #55 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:36 PM »
I have made some homebrew before & it turned out so so , I will have to make another batch to bring ice fishing this fall.& I will bring all the bottles home with me off the ice to refill with more homebrew. :) :)
yea might as well bring them back with ya, beats the heck out of having to buy empties to fill up again anyways.  just a handfull of batches here, but mine has not turned out too bad.  good for a change, and is fun to do i think.

Offline fishing mechanic

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Mar 25, 2010, 09:49 PM »
Science!!! That is what a good home brew is all about, my friends.! ;D All posts here, so far has really tickled me pretty good.!! Thanks for all the reply's folks!!
By the way, I have made a few different home brews so far, and I will tell ya, yes they are fun to do.... But unless ya really got a "good system", set in place... god bless the tournout!!! ;) I have had good , tasty brew, and also......what the Frig happened to that batch!!! ???

Offline mricefish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Mar 25, 2010, 10:08 PM »
Science!!! That is what a good home brew is all about, my friends.! ;D All posts here, so far has really tickled me pretty good.!! Thanks for all the reply's folks!!
By the way, I have made a few different home brews so far, and I will tell ya, yes they are fun to do.... But unless ya really got a "good system", set in place... god bless the tournout!!! ;) I have had good , tasty brew, and also......what the Frig happened to that batch!!! ???
With every batch, when you crack that first one I am always wondering if that will happen.  Is this going to be the batch that i learn what not to do, lol.  I suppose it will happen some time or another to me.

Offline deweyicefish

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #58 on: Mar 26, 2010, 06:39 AM »
yeah I made a batch of the dead guy ale by rogue ales , it was pretty good but they did not carbonate that well . ( I drank them anyway)
I bet a dead guy ale would go good with a batch perch on the ice . :) :)
images.jpeg

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Mar 26, 2010, 10:23 AM »
I personally like titties and beer.

JIGGIN.

Man ... somebody should write a song  named Titties and Beer! ;D
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.