New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Who makes the best 2 man portable ice shelter???  (Read 18565 times)

Offline oldbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • usmc 1972-1976
Re: Who makes the best 2 man portable ice shelter???
« Reply #30 on: Jan 31, 2010, 07:03 AM »
I have an eskimo quickfish 3 pop up, just over 20 pounds. Set up and take down is very easy. Im 6 foot 3 inches tall and I can stand up with plenty of room. I heat it with a coleman lantern.

Offline ice wizard

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Rip Lippin'
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2010, 03:44 PM »
i own a clam youkon and love it had it 2 years and no problems yet
I agree, for two people the yukon is great a bit heavy to drag. I think I am goihg to make some runners out of condoit next season.

Offline Born2Hunt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2010, 05:53 PM »
Currently I have a Frabill outpost and like it for tippy fishing but I would really like a flipover for running and gunning.

Offline jmny004

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 16, 2010, 07:19 AM »
Might want to look into the newer clam denali 2. The seating arrangements with anglers sitting in opposite directions, but not exactly back to back,each having a 47 x 55 inch fishing area is impressive. The denali 4 has the same layout with the exception that it has two sets of back to back seats. The denali 2 use the area of the additional two seats (4man) for rod holders,tackle storage etc. If anyone is presently using the denali 2, I'd appreciate a private message as to the pros and cons of these units.
     Definitely don't want to be dragging these manually. ATV probably required (weight)

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • AT THE SOUND OF MY NAME, FISH TREMBLE!
« Reply #34 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:28 AM »
gander mountain has there floor models on sale for 20% off.clam fish traps are the best closely followed by frabill and otter
What gander mtn i have been looking and they are all sold out

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:29 AM »
What gander mtn i have been looking and they are all sold out
soory didnt see this was an old quote

Offline pondskipper

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 16, 2010, 09:30 AM »
I love my guide

Offline s10xr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 16, 2010, 11:59 AM »
i have a killzone 2 man shanty i bought last year on ebay for 119 with free shipping.  been a good unit for the price.  customer service is great.  i called up there and asked if they shorted me stakes and sent me 8 more for free.  i have had to make a couple minor repairs on the poles where the hubs go in from the tab breaking on the pole and had to duct tape the windows around the velcro to keep windows secure but when you get it set up and turn on your heater it is roomy and very comfortable.  i def think its the best bang for your buck.  my next shanty will be homemade and always up so i just hook on with my sled or three wheeler and drag out.  no setting anything up to move it will be great. 

Offline 1CE

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 16, 2010, 12:12 PM »
Depends on if you are pulling it or using a sled/atv to pull it.  I don't have a sled or ATV so the fold up clam 2000 was my choice, nice & light.

Offline jconge

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 17, 2010, 09:53 PM »
i have the frabill 2 man trekker ($349) on sale, i like it it sets up real nice and quick, little drag. however my problem is that the cover has a few rips in it already, what are people using to fix the tears? tent patches? also there seem to be spots that are thinner than others, therefore letting light in, any ideas to fix the problem would be great. i think that the clam covers are more tear resistant, but the seats and tubing are better in frabill

Offline fishingguru2009

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 26, 2010, 06:54 PM »
otter all the way the best
Ya go Yukon ;D

Offline jmny004

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 27, 2010, 03:05 AM »
pulling it on ice? using atv? med to small fisherman ? larger fisherman? sitting type preferred? bench swivel seat? amount willing to spend?.Check out fRABILL (TREKER 2,EXCURSION,GUARDIAN). Also Eskimo (eskape 200,Quickflip2),.Otter (ice lodge,wild 3,ice cabin).And the CLAMS.  (nanook .,yukon,voyager and daneli 2) Have a tendency to like the clam voyager cx and the denali 2 the best. But using an atv to transport.I'd stick with the majorfour companies.The voyager is 70 inches wide, 2 swivel seats small tray inbetwen. Daneli 2  flips outin  both directions from the sled. Each fisherman has about a 55x 47 inch areA to drill holes. Sit facing opposite directions.The denali 4 sits four back to back and next to each other, The 2 sit offset,one towards the front of sled,the other towards back of sled facing opposite directions. Where the additional seats would be placed for a 4 man, a drink,rod holder set is placed.(see clam corp ad.) This will easily fit a 3rd or 4th man sitting on a bucket to the right of the fisherman sitting on the swizel seat. Or you can purchase two additional swizel seats.

Offline zdake1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Team Greenfield!!
« Reply #42 on: Mar 05, 2010, 04:11 PM »
Shappell Rover 2.0DX. Nuff said. Self contained on a jet sled, with a bench seat (could seat 3), easy set up, take down and transit. Only downfall is that it weighs about 75 lbs w/o gear. other than that, drive, pull, flip, fish, limit. I love mine. Worth every penny.

zak
When the waters hard, so am I.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.