New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Honeoye Lake  (Read 22885 times)

Offline fellinonce

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Honeoye Lake
« Reply #90 on: Jan 31, 2014, 09:28 AM »
How has the drag been lately? Bringing out some first timers for the clinic, and just wanna know if i should bring all the toys, or keep the weight down? Thanks in advance
Tap, Tap,.. Cross his eyes!

Offline CNY Fisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #91 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:12 AM »
Does anyone know approximately how long the ice fishing clinic will last tomorrow?  Plan on taking both my nephews to the clinic and I am going to do some fishing after the clinic with them.  Thank you in advance for your help,
John 
Retired U.S. Navy Senior Chief

Offline adam2369

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #92 on: Jan 31, 2014, 11:17 AM »
How has the drag been lately? Bringing out some first timers for the clinic, and just wanna know if i should bring all the toys, or keep the weight down? Thanks in advance

I was out on Tuesday and there was 1-2 inches of snow on top. I'm guessing with this little warm up, it might be a bit sticky out there.

Offline hogslammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Feb 09, 2014, 07:21 AM »
has the perch picked up at all

Offline LargeMouthBaggins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Feb 28, 2014, 10:48 PM »
any word on the bite on honeoye?

Offline whitecap

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Mar 03, 2014, 06:26 PM »
  saturday was great sunday was terrible. we fished the southwest end.

Offline spoonfeeder01

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #96 on: Mar 03, 2014, 06:57 PM »
Shoulda been there saturday!  ;D our crew did well, limits of bass, tanker gills, crappies, perch, pickeral and 1 eye. Couldnt ask for a better mixed bag..

Offline can_of_worms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #97 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:28 AM »
My wife, brother in law, and myself fished Sunday 8:00 - 2:00 took our two nieces out who have never really ice fished before. They came out around noon, as soon as they stepped on the ice  their first flag went up, we had 9 more flags with fish in the next 40 minutes. The youngest niece had told us that ice fishing was boring, when we asked if she was bored she said no way catching fish is a lot of work. We took 3 doz shiners out and came home 7 they had a ball. I will check with my sister in law to see if she minds putting the kids pictures on the web and try to get some pictures up. It is amazing what a fish we think is a so so fish is to a child, just putting fish on the ice is all they cared about. TAke care.

Offline LargeMouthBaggins

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #98 on: Mar 24, 2014, 10:05 PM »
My wife, brother in law, and myself fished Sunday 8:00 - 2:00 took our two nieces out who have never really ice fished before. They came out around noon, as soon as they stepped on the ice  their first flag went up, we had 9 more flags with fish in the next 40 minutes. The youngest niece had told us that ice fishing was boring, when we asked if she was bored she said no way catching fish is a lot of work. We took 3 doz shiners out and came home 7 they had a ball. I will check with my sister in law to see if she minds putting the kids pictures on the web and try to get some pictures up. It is amazing what a fish we think is a so so fish is to a child, just putting fish on the ice is all they cared about. TAke care.
That's awesome always love to hear about kids fishing and loving it!!  I managed to find some big perch on the west side of lake just south of the trailer park, caught 5 slob perch and fished for about 5-6 hours.  Still was a good time.  Going to try across from the boat launch tomarrow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.