Author Topic: Just a dead fish pic  (Read 1828 times)

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
Just a dead fish pic
« on: Dec 11, 2011, 07:57 PM »

Left tips in last night. Woke up and went to checkem. My wife left for work before i got up. I walked on the lake and saw 5 outa 6 flags....... I thought smart ass fliped my flags. But nope just bait stealing fish ! One tip was spooled. So i fuigued the fish got off. Nope it hooked itself. Its was the walleye, i havent seen a walleye in this lake since i was little. Cool 25-1/2 inches looks like something was trying to eat it also

The northern is out of a lake 1/8th mile down my road. I missed 6 fish and got this guy all in 1 hr. Northern is 9 lbs and is 32 inches long. again a bigger fish was fighting with this one.

Offline mike_13

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Just a dead fish pic
« Reply #1 on: Dec 11, 2011, 08:43 PM »
Awesome! Can't wait to get out!

Offline jvanhees

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 11, 2011, 10:10 PM »
congrats!
Ducks Unlimited - Huron Valley Chapter

Offline northern fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Dad and his littlest buddy
« Reply #3 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:12 AM »
Very nice :thumbsup:
There is nothing better than the smile on a childs face when they see the fish come up through the hole.

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Dec 12, 2011, 05:21 AM »
it is not legal to leave lines unattended at any time in pa. is this legal. i really don't care but I've seen other posts where guys were picking up tip ups and taking them.

Offline Too Beer For Cold

• IceShanty Rookie
  • *hic* It's never too beer for cold!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 12, 2011, 06:53 AM »
It's not legal in Wisconsin either.

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #6 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:12 AM »
Unless you are attending your lines . Or have Lights attached top them. Freind's were watching them also so lines were not "unattended". We use reflective tape on the flags and wraped around 1x2's Stick the 1x2 next to the tipup. All i have to do is shine a light out my window. If thers no doubles theres no fish. easy

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:19 AM »
what would happen if a warden came up and pulled one and set there for a half hour or so .

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #8 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:44 AM »
If he pulled one out then the flag would have not gone off and the light wouldnt turn on. Or like i use there wouldn't be 2 reflectors next to each other. There's nothing saying how often lines have to be checked. Just that they have to be attended. And they are.  Unattended lines would be like if i left them in and went to work for the day.

Nonamer thanks for questions but please don't try to start a rant on here. If it bothers you start a new thread. Not trying to offend you.

BTW i know our local warden and also have his number on our phone. I've asked about this yrs ago and have the dnrs aproval. Remember its up to the warden not the girls in the office.   @)

Offline nonamer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Dec 12, 2011, 03:20 PM »
was not trying to start anything and i am sorry if i offended you. was just looking for a little info and i got a little. thank you

Offline Icefisher40

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missing the U.P
« Reply #10 on: Dec 12, 2011, 03:27 PM »
Not legal in MI either.

Offline matt12

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Dec 12, 2011, 03:34 PM »
nice fish man ^^ i use to be able to do the same thing when i lived on the lake :)  shine the light, then hop on the sled and haul the fishys in lol back to the couch lol

Offline twintrades

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin for dinner
« Reply #12 on: Dec 12, 2011, 03:48 PM »
Im not mad. Its ok   ;D

Bullelk34

« Reply #13 on: Dec 12, 2011, 08:41 PM »
That is legal here in Montana, congrats on the fish- We leave our tipups out overnight too, catch some good ones at night, too.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.