Author Topic: Ozzy's Ice Tour 06' ( updated 3-21-06) Iceenut0's son with a nice smallie  (Read 19360 times)

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ozzy's Ice Tour 06'
« Reply #30 on: Jan 16, 2006, 07:08 PM »
Thanks Slipbob, yes it was a good turn out, 112 registered, not bad considering the weather, I'm not the only crazy one out there! My dad one a new tow behind sled in a raffle and one of the other guys in our party got first place crappie and won some gear also, great time and I'm sure it will get bigger next year  :tipup:

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 16, 2006, 07:42 PM »
Looks like a fun time even with all that frig rain we got :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

bonkfan14

« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2006, 11:48 AM »
nothing worse than fishing in the RAIN!!!! but looks like you guys still had fun....keep em coming...zeke...

Offline fishincrazy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The meaning of life is fishing with your friends.
« Reply #33 on: Jan 17, 2006, 06:02 PM »
great pics and nice fish
All I need is ice and the fish will come.

Offline Deposit

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm ready for some ice now!!!
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2006, 07:40 AM »
Nice fish, ya all look a little soggy but I bets its better than being stuck in side!
"How like fish we are: ready, nay eager, to seize upon whatever new thing some wind of circumstance shakes down upon the river of time! And how we rue our haste, finding the gilded morsel to contain a hook"

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2006, 01:25 PM »
Awesome Looking FISH   :o

sadler38

« Reply #36 on: Jan 20, 2006, 10:04 AM »
wow great piccs Ozzy...

hope that vacation is goin well...

john

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks alot guys for the kind words,

Ok here we go..........

I'm jigging up bluegills today with my dad when all of a sudden I see a giant red blip come in on the vex, next thing you know whamo! and I'm in for the ride of my life!!

The drag is screaming and the fish is almost spooling me several times, I was only fishing bluegills not sharks  :)  2 lb test and a small bluegill jig was all that was between me and the beast, so I did my best and battled him for 10 mins until he finally gave in and came up to the hole, I couldnt believe it when his whole head filled up the 7 and 3/4 inch hole.........theres only one way out for this puppy, get the gaff!!!!!!!!!

Here he is, my personal best pike on the jig pole with practically the smallest line and lure, it was simply amazing and I'll shall never forget it!  ;D

What a blast ,     38"   11.25 lbs on 2 lb test line and a bluegill jig tipped with 2 mousies  :tipup:

Offline ChenBassHead

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Bandito
Way to go man!!  ;D  I've gotten 2 on 3# test the past few days, but nothing like that monster!  :woot:  How big was it?

-Zach

Offline fishingking

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Man Ozzy Thats amazing that pike is totally insane to catch on 2lb test lucky there wasnt more ice or it probably would have broke off on the edge of the ice. Hope you got some pics for the tourney :)
Loose Lips Sink Ships
50,232 Members and 50,232 Lurkers.
Ego's :nono:

camo_fish

:clap: that is truely AWESOME  :thumbsup: WTG on the person best.  :woot: 2# line and bluegill jig, got the perfect hook set and a ride of a life time.  :flex: Awesome pike, ozzy.  :thumbsup:

Offline crappie rob

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
Ozzy... Ozzy... Ozzy!!! It's all about backreeling, by the way nice bunch of "giils"!!! Not very many "lightliners" would've landed that fish!!! Congratulations, that my friend, is worth bragging about!!! Crappie Rob.
Lets Go Cubs. Bring on the baseball season!!!

bonkfan14

thats one monster man wtg :clap: :clap: :clap: ...zeke...

Offline Dr Juice

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Sweeeet
He must have been on a suicide mission for him to snap at that Ratso.  ;D Sweet fish Bro, wish I was there for that capture. I'll be on the ice with you Friday. Maybe he has a brother.. :roflmao:

Fresh Ice, Fresh Air and Fresh Fish. It doesn't get any better than this. :-)

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
WTG!! On 2lb test, that is unbelievable. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline coldbum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Totally Awsome job on that monster pike Ozzy! Nice mess of pannies there also!
2lb test huh? Thats amazing :)

Don't ya just love when those big red lines appear at your jig on the vex?

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
Man that is a nice one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations on that monster dude :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:.

Robb :tipup:

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
OZZY thats awesome! On 2 lb is even better! WTG MAN   :clap:

havin it mounted?....I think it more than meets the criteria for a mounter given the equipment you landed it on!!

Offline Caroga Kid

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Bring On The Ice!!!
Wow that is one Awesome Pike.. What are the chances of landing that bad boy on 2lb test... Thats gotta be some kind of fresh water record or something... Awesome Job Bud!!   :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
WOW - that would have been a complete RIOT to not only have it hit and play it out - but to actually get it in using the fishing equip. that you were!!!!  Congrats on the PB & landing such an awesome northern!!!!!!!!!  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline MikeVT

• Team IceShanty Addict
Awesome fish.  That is the reason I always put more line on my reel than I think I will need.  The same thing happened to me a few years ago jigging for smelt.  About 20 minutes after the hit, I had a 9lb laker on the ice.  Good catch!!!
A bent rod is a good rod!

billybono

now THATS what im talking about   pftt to steel leaders i say  ;)

billybono

Offline akdg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Great story and great fish :clap: :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:  Thats what it's all about!!  What kind of reel was that?

Offline Bartman44

• Team IceShanty Regular
David slays Goliath!!!! Way to go Wizard :bow:

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks alot guys  :)  This was probably a once in a lifetime deal I would think so yes I decided to get it mounted, first fish I ever had mounted. Cool part about it to was when I was laying it out on the table to wrap it up for freezing I found another single barbed hook from a tip-up rig in his lip with a foot of 4 or 6 lb mono still attached to it, somebody else lost the battle with this monster, they must have been so mad when that line broke!

I think Fishking was saying something about the line breaking off by scraping on the ice, what I do is stick the end of the pole in the hole so the tip is below the ice then you reduce the chance of break offs  ;)

Thanks again everyone, I'm still shocked by the whole ordeal  :o

I got some cool pics of a lake trout we caught a couple weeks ago with a double bladed chartruese spinner blade rig piercing through his chest and lodged in his anus, that was unreal too!! Gonna try and get them on here tonight or tomorrow

Goodluck to everyone  :tipup:

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Nice catch, man!  It's funny, cuz most pike I've caught on grubs have been scrawny, but that one looks real healthy!!  Congrats on a beaut

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Pike an Eyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Dead Sea 04"
Awesome Man, WTG Everytime you see that on the wall you'll remember that day.
With the weather this year. You put your time in through the rain and everything.
to be out there with your dad, and catch a memory like that.
 That's is what Ice Fishing is all about.......

Offline OZZY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thanks alot guys......

Ok here's the pics of the laker I was talking about

This laker was 20 inches and very healthy it would seem, nice and strong fighter while bringing him in.......we flop him on the ice and I see this green thing going in and out of his anus.....what the heck is that  :o......we investigate and it turns out to be a double bladed spinner rig that was lodged in his anus and causing constipation beyond belief and the mono was connected to a piece of steel coming out through his chest preventing him from passing the spinner.
So I cut the mono with the steel on it and got that out of him and when we tried to pull the spinner out he sucked it back inside.........I figured  he made it this far and he probably would be able to pass the spinner now so we let him go to fight another day!!

Never saw anything like that before  :o 

Performing surgery on fish, I should atleast get $50 for that operation  ;)  :tipup:

Can everyone see the pics this time?  ???  let me know

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
Ive caught bass before with line hanging out but never a spinner. Thats strange :o

Offline bwalleye

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • To fish or not to fish...is a stupid question
All I see is the dreaded red x in a white box.
The moon is much smaller than the earth, however, it is much farther away.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.