Author Topic: idi hunting line of clothes  (Read 2479 times)

Offline mhahn

• IceShanty Rookie
idi hunting line of clothes
« on: Jan 28, 2009, 08:38 AM »
just wondering if these are warm enough for ice fishing? where i live it rarely gets below the teens and didnt know if these would be warm enough. does any one have a set of these and how do they work? they say they are good to -25. any thoughts will help thanks

Offline fingerlaker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • If It Smells Good---> EAT IT !! !!
Re: idi hunting line of clothes
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2009, 10:38 AM »
Low teens with 0 or lower windchills last Saturday on my lake...drove ATV 20mph  4 miles down the lake to make a weigh in on time....no problem with staying warm...wind did not blow through my suit anywhere.  Best investment besides my vexilar!!

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 31, 2009, 03:26 PM »
just wondering if these are warm enough for ice fishing? where i live it rarely gets below the teens and didnt know if these would be warm enough. does any one have a set of these and how do they work? they say they are good to -25. any thoughts will help thanks

Are you talking about the camo version of the bib/jacket? If so I think they are exactly the same as the Ice Fishing verison except for color.

J-

Offline mhahn

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 31, 2009, 04:26 PM »
no, if you get on idi website they have a line of hunting clothes. the difference is the hunting clothes have one layer of insultex and the arctic gear has three

Offline jjc155

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2009, 12:39 PM »
no, if you get on idi website they have a line of hunting clothes. the difference is the hunting clothes have one layer of insultex and the arctic gear has three

Gotcha, I guess it would have to do with how you react to cold then. I think it would be good if you layered up good. I have never been cold in my Arctic Armor fishing stuff.

J-

Offline fathead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2009, 08:56 PM »
 i just bought a i.d.i gear suit in duck blind camo
and its the same as the red ones they may have
an other line of huntin clothes but the camo suit
is the same i think
SEMPER FI

Offline Hunter5124

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 09, 2009, 09:31 AM »
I bought the green & black artic armor plus suit. It is warm and comfortably, but the quality is the worst I have every encountered in my 30 years of ice fishing.  The first day I put it on the right boot cuff strap came unattached.  The Third day the other fell off.  Then the cheap plastic zipper broke (for $300.00 plus dollars you would think it could be metal).  Then the crossover on the bib straps came unattached.  And I have now owned the suit for 1 month!!! >:(   And finally don't bother calling or emailing I.D.I. the manufacturer, they won't return your call or email.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.