Author Topic: Building the Stealth Bomber  (Read 7391 times)

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Building the Stealth Bomber
« Reply #90 on: Jan 09, 2022, 09:32 AM »
Here's hoping for a successful first mission - though if it isn't it has to be Pilot Error and not a mechanical issue!

That was yesterdays test flight over waters she was not designed for (2 feet). After this weeks deep freeze, it'll be over the deep big waters it was built to land on... And yes, any failures will certainly be pilot error lol.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #91 on: Jan 09, 2022, 10:23 AM »
That was yesterdays test flight over waters she was not designed for (2 feet). After this weeks deep freeze, it'll be over the deep big waters it was built to land on... And yes, any failures will certainly be pilot error lol.
Sounds like you have been converted to a big lake cold water species guy, what happened to the So. NH Bass and Panfish guy?

Enjoy the flight..

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Jan 09, 2022, 10:38 AM »
Looking good.. if I can get the mosquito  traps to trip that smooth,  they will. Be ideal for shallow  water fishing.. I'm working on it

I think we made a pretty good trade... thank you my friend

"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #93 on: Jan 09, 2022, 11:07 AM »
Sounds like you have been converted to a big lake cold water species guy, what happened to the So. NH Bass and Panfish guy?

Enjoy the flight..

He's still here, just got a little bored with SW NH mud puddles. I'm still after the warm water critters, just in bigger better waters. I always manage to bump into great people when I'm on the big waters too, makes the 200 mile round trip more than worth it.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #94 on: Jan 09, 2022, 11:12 AM »
Looking good.. if I can get the mosquito  traps to trip that smooth,  they will. Be ideal for shallow  water fishing.. I'm working on it

I think we made a pretty good trade... thank you my friend

Those mosquito traps are impressive, cool to see a traditional cross style trap keeping the spool tucked up in the hole on 4" of ice.

Glad you like the hoodie Joe, stay warm brother.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #95 on: Jan 09, 2022, 11:19 AM »
Lookin good Joe!
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Guinea

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #96 on: Jan 09, 2022, 03:11 PM »
Looking good, on both counts!

Thinkin 'bout cusk on the grill......

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #97 on: Jan 09, 2022, 07:41 PM »
He's still here, just got a little bored with SW NH mud puddles. I'm still after the warm water critters, just in bigger better waters. I always manage to bump into great people when I'm on the big waters too, makes the 200 mile round trip more than worth it.

That makes sense - it is a chore for sure getting up to the bigger water, but as you said your efforts are being rewarded in multiple ways.

Have a great season

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #98 on: Jan 11, 2022, 07:32 AM »
Im jealous stealth!  (Then again Ive caught cows on his jointed eel) Nice work Joe!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #99 on: Jan 11, 2022, 07:34 AM »
Im jealous stealth!  Nice work Joe!

if you're a "good boy" this year, maybe Uncle Roccus will find a eel plug that you covet so much  to send you..
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #100 on: Jan 11, 2022, 10:42 AM »
By far the best metal lip plug I ever fished.  Mine was jimmy's version but we know who taught him.  I remeber my first casts with it.  No confidence in its huge size.  That changed quickly!!!

I lost the last ones I had to bass smashing them at a breachway jn waves so large I couldnt recover the fish without drownimg.  Theres one wedged deep between the rocks at weakapaug...what a plug!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.