Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Blackstrap 2021-2022

<< < (27/40) > >>

LENNONg:

--- Quote from: small-town-fisher on Jan 18, 2022, 08:59 AM ---The north end if you have a car you would have to park at the main grid and walk in 4x4 is needed to get down the side road to the lake.

--- End quote ---

I thought I seen a post on the FB page saying hard water angling guys were clearing the road/lot?
I got stuck in my 2wd dakota sat there n went to the south side, got some good size perch where I went too!

small-town-fisher:
Sorry I dont have face book I did not know about that.

gman51:
pretty quiet... no one catching? to busy shoveling i suppose. haven't been out myself in awhile. looking forward to getting out this week and some trips to deifenbaker.

Hatandboots:
I went out on Thursday with my AWD SUV on the south end and got stuck a couple times, and then again at the boat launch trying to leave. Hard packed snow is piling up at the launch real bad.

I ended up just staying near the launch to fish rather than trying to find a path, as they were all blown in. I was still driving on the ice with my car this time last year, this stinks.

The fishing was slower, caught maybe 10 perch with a small group and 1 jack.

speckspotter:
We had a good day Saturday. The perch bite was fairly steady all day, with some periods where the action was hot. We fished with a camera and it was interesting to see how many fish took the bait without any perceptible bite felt. We found that waiting a second to let the fish take a second chomp was necessary in many cases. The first bite involved only part of the maggot, and attempting to set the hook resulted in a swing and a miss. A tiny presentation on the business end worked best.

A few pike were seen, including one which streaked in and actually caught a small perch on camera. Exciting stuff. The only walleye seen was a 14 inch that came and engulfed the jig and maggots without hesitation.

Driving was indeed tough. Part of the problem with the snow at the bottom of the launch was due to a group that offloaded their shack at the top of the launch from a trailer and then dragged it down the launch with a truck. Unfortunately, this pulled a bunch of snow down the ramp and left it deposited at the edge of the ice. Not the best decision.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version