Author Topic: Four man insulated tent from Uncle Weiner Wholesale  (Read 2516 times)

Offline justdontgetskunked

• IceShanty Rookie
Four man insulated tent from Uncle Weiner Wholesale
« on: Nov 07, 2021, 09:14 AM »
Ice season is getting closer and I'm looking for an affordable second insulated tent for days when our Eskimo is too crowded. Does anyone have any experience with the four man tents from Uncle Weiner Wholesale? I still can't believe that's the name of a legitimate business 🙄

http://unclewiener.com/product/new-4-person-portable-ice-fishing-shelter-tent-cb260/

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
Re: Four man insulated tent from Uncle Weiner Wholesale
« Reply #1 on: Nov 07, 2021, 10:39 AM »
Looks to be a little bigger than a Quickfish 3i. Pretty small for four people IMHO.
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline justdontgetskunked

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 07, 2021, 04:52 PM »
Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the size. It would most likely only ever have one or two people in it. I am wondering more about the quality of the fabric, zippers etc.

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #3 on: Nov 07, 2021, 05:08 PM »
Ice season is getting closer and I'm looking for an affordable second insulated tent for days when our Eskimo is too crowded. Does anyone have any experience with the four man tents from Uncle Weiner Wholesale?

http://unclewiener.com/product/new-4-person-portable-ice-fishing-shelter-tent-cb260/

Yeah, I'm not too concerned about the size. It would most likely only ever have one or two people in it. I am wondering more about the quality of the fabric, zippers etc.

I read it as you WERE concerned about the size...... ???  If its quality you're wondering about , go with a popular name brand one that has good reviews. Ya get what ya pay for nowadays.
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline ice dawg

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Tawny-"Ice Pooch"
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2021, 06:56 PM »
You having quality concerns with your Eskimo shelter?
It seems to go from zero to hero all some have to do is lie.

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
  • The secret to fishing...fish where the fish are.
« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2021, 05:58 AM »
In my opinion? Why not. One, you said you'll be using it as a secondary shelter And two, the price is right so you wouldn't be out too much. I bought a similar shelter (same size) last season. A "Ferret" from Amazon (no longer available) for the same price you'd be paying, and had no problems what so ever. Only difference is the one I bought was 300 denier and this one is about 200 but I wouldn't call that a deal breaker. And for what it's worth, mine is red...same color, style and pattern as an Eskimo. Some guys have told me that it's possible it may not have made Eskimos "quality standards" then sold to some wholesaler at cost. But I have found nothing wrong with it. And yours being light blue in color...might actually be a Clam...but maybe not. Just a guess. Anyway, if it were me, I'd go for it. If it didn't work out...so be it. Just my .02.
"Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice."

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #6 on: Nov 08, 2021, 07:05 AM »
Ever wonder if they purposley make them the same colors as the big name brands?  ???
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Nov 08, 2021, 08:17 AM »
Ever wonder if they purposley make them the same colors as the big name brands?  ???

A good possibility.

Offline jig n a minna

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 08, 2021, 03:49 PM »
Had a look at them.  On the bag, there are 3 possible sizes listed.  The tents there are 8 inches shorter than marked in the ad (20 cm).  It feels very light for being insulated.  The bag is also so tight, you'd never get the tent back in when it's frozen at all. It looks like it might be buyer beware at places like this. 

Offline Iceassin

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2021, 04:43 AM »
Looks to be a little bigger than a Quickfish 3i. Pretty small for four people IMHO.

Which I tend to think is the case with most shanties...1-2 man is for one person, 2-3 is two, 3-4 is three, etc...MAXIMUM.  But then again, it all depends on how much room you want or need. I have a hub similar in size to the Quickfish 3i and there is no way I would try and squeeze 3 guys in it...and a bit of gear. I like to be able to move around a little and be comfortable, but when you're elbow to elbow, heater, locators, rods and all...not so easy to maneuver. JMO.

Offline beaubeau_77

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 10, 2022, 01:48 PM »
hi im also interested in the uncle wieners it says is has 210D fabric but the pictures look insulated, just wondered if i should get the wide bottom or 5 sided (both 600D uninsulated) at cabela's for 70 bucks more, how much of a difference would there be in the fabric? Also i have a 25 sq ft pop up right now and looking to size up the the uncle wieners one is supposed to be 42 sq ft and the the wide bottom 56 and 5 sided 64 sq ft. i have a normal Buddy heater would these be too big to heat?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.