Canada > Ice Fishing Saskatchewan

Deschambault Lake

<< < (4/5) > >>

cerndo:
Sub-zero temps are forecast from now until closing day so any meltwater/snow should tighten up.  Walleyes are on the move and biting good.  Bloomfield's plowed a road out past the first island and to the west 400m. 

ran7ger:
 anyone hear if gary is putting a road out on the lake this year? 

Scrunt:
I imagine he will be. It’s good extra income for him charging 20 bucks a truck that uses it. I’m happy to pay it myself. It’s sure nice having a road to get out there.

Scrunt:
Does anyone have an ice road report heading out from bloomfields? Is it half ass easy to find a place to set up? Was hoping to head out Thursday for an over nighter at willow island.
Thanks team.

ran7ger:
 no ice road.  we left the sleds after being told 3 times he was out plowing, including the day before we left.  he had plowed not quite to the first island weeks before so what road there was had totally blown in.  we broke trail with trucks to the first island and made the best of it.  caught alright including 2 photo worthy pike but the cost of his shack cabins coupled with the deceit left a bad taste in our mouths.  talked to multiple locals that said we weren't the first group to be lied to.  anyway, a good trip none the less but DLR will get our money next time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version