Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

--- SLED MODS ---

<< < (3/84) > >>

Mainedog:
I built a box that covers my entire Jetsled XL.  It has two doors.  One will open by itself.
The other door will open both doors.  It greatly increases the amount of stuff I can carry.
I added UHMW strips to the bottom of my sled also.

If I would do it over, I would make the walls 9" high instead of 15".  I might cut it down
next year.

SPADED:
maindog i really like your set up .. i pull everything by hand,how much weight do you think you have added? i wanna try this one!

Mainedog:
Made out of 1/4 plywood, coated with marine epoxy, then painted.  1/2" x 1/2" pine sticks for internal frame.
Less than double weight of Jet Sled XL.   I made it so high so I could sit on it, but I am going to cut it down some
to make it easier to put into the Burb or back of the truck (with a cover on the bed).

craigthor:
Finally finished up my Strikemaster Glide Lite. Fully run and gun style for the ice fisherman on foot. Weighs in at roughly 58 lbs loaded with all of my gear which includes:

5 Rods and Reels
Sonic Ice Hopper paired with a Vex FL-22HD
2 Bags with various styles and sizes of jigs, spoons and plastics
Coleman Mini Propane Lantern
8" Nils/ Tanaka combo
Glens Outdoors 1 man Hub Shelter

Pictures of it empty:

Pictures of it loaded minus the rods and reels:

Will be taking it out in abit to give it some abuse but I'm awaiting the delivery guy with my 5th rod and my fly reels.

Craig

LoneWolf:

Guys they're all nice mods !  ;)

craigthor .. I wonder if that's going to be tippy.  ???   Nice job and let us know how it works out.  ;D

Doug >))))>

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version