Author Topic: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!  (Read 1679684 times)

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Best Ice Deals!! Lets hear em!
« Reply #2550 on: Feb 21, 2018, 08:08 AM »
FishUSA and Cabelas both have some nice buys on their Clearance pages(Bargain Cave for Cabelas), especially on the lower priced items.  Worth a look.  If you save $3 or $4 on 5 or 10 items, you're talking some real money saved. 

DN

Still hoping for a shelter deal to come up

Offline TheCaveman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2551 on: Feb 21, 2018, 10:06 AM »
just scored 3 rods off facebook for 25 bucks, theyre nothing special but hey, three rod for 25 bucks
~Good Luck~

Offline Jagger0502

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2552 on: Feb 21, 2018, 01:42 PM »
As much as I wanted the otter hideout, I just picked up a shappell fx100 in new condition with some upgrades on the seat and rod holders for $150 on Craigslist. This house will work until I can convince the wife I need another one. I am not disappointed finding this one.

Craigslist always seems to provide
Dad- “Did I wait to long? Should I have set the hook? “ Me- “I am fairly certain fish don’t have hands....”

“GET EM!” - Scott Odonnell

Offline Gamalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2553 on: Feb 21, 2018, 05:29 PM »
This is a great thread. The weather was perfect to finally get my 3 year old out on the ice for the first time. She was very comfortable fishing in the otter cabin Deal Ninja posted a while back. The otter sled I purchased through the deal mboss13 posted was just big enough for the hub and my daughter to catch a ride. Thanks to all that post on here. It's nice to be properly equipped without breaking the bank.

Those are the prettiest fish I have seen caught this year! What a cuttie and I hope she becomes a real ice girl as she grows up. Big thumbs up for getting her out for a day with dad.

Gam
If I agreed with you we would both be wrong!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2554 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:00 PM »
 well another issue with a company selling something they don't have.  ordered a mr buddy portable and some other stuff from cabelas canada.  the other stuff showed up but no heater so called customer service and they're telling me the product is currently unavailable and will likely be cancelled.  in the mean time my c.c has been charged and i'll likely be stuck paying full price next fall. 

Offline Houligan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2555 on: Feb 21, 2018, 06:06 PM »
Usually they do not charge the credit card until the item ships. If it was a partial order they probably only charged for what was shipped.

Offline desmobob

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I can't feel my toes...
« Reply #2556 on: Feb 21, 2018, 07:31 PM »
This is a great thread. The weather was perfect to finally get my 3 year old out on the ice for the first time. She was very comfortable fishing in the otter cabin Deal Ninja posted a while back. The otter sled I purchased through the deal mboss13 posted was just big enough for the hub and my daughter to catch a ride. Thanks to all that post on here. It's nice to be properly equipped without breaking the bank.

That is, without a doubt, the cutest fishing photo I've ever seen!   ;D

Tight lines,
Bob

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2557 on: Feb 22, 2018, 04:04 PM »
went to Cabelas in Hudson, MA today. 30% off on remaining Tungston jigs. Saw a cabelas ice bibs Gore Tex with padded knees, size large for $85. Also, sign up for another cabelas club card and got add'l $20 off of todays purchase.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2558 on: Feb 22, 2018, 04:46 PM »
went to Cabelas in Hudson, MA today. 30% off on remaining Tungston jigs. Saw a cabelas ice bibs Gore Tex with padded knees, size large for $85. Also, sign up for another cabelas club card and got add'l $20 off of todays purchase.
Was there any shelters left?

Offline rdhammah

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2559 on: Feb 22, 2018, 05:45 PM »
Was there any shelters left?
there were 2 flip overs. one 1-man and 1 2-man

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2560 on: Feb 23, 2018, 06:49 AM »
As much as I wanted the otter hideout, I just picked up a shappell fx100 in new condition with some upgrades on the seat and rod holders for $150 on Craigslist. This house will work until I can convince the wife I need another one. I am not disappointed finding this one.

Craigslist always seems to provide

You're lucky. All the ones on CL in my driving distance are priced higher than I can get new ones in store.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2561 on: Feb 23, 2018, 12:48 PM »

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2562 on: Feb 25, 2018, 09:53 AM »
Flash sale at Overton’s!  30% off any one item!  Use promo code:  FEB30

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2563 on: Feb 25, 2018, 12:50 PM »

DN

Nice deals, but with their extra long shipping most of this won't be enjoyable until next season in most of the ice belt. But atm, some of the best deals.....i assume most retailers have already taken their inventory and gone through clearance.

Offline Kopower

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2564 on: Feb 25, 2018, 04:00 PM »
Grabbed a Vexilar dd-100 battery and depth gauge for $37 after tax and free shipping from that Overtons deal.

Offline crappie55409

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2565 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:02 PM »
engel 13QT for $7.  interested if anyone took advantage of this pricing error and if it shipped or not

https://www.carid.com/engel/engel-live-bait-dry-box-cooler-776244999.html

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2566 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:11 PM »
engel 13QT for $7.  interested if anyone took advantage of this pricing error and if it shipped or not

This will never ship, obviously a mistake.

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2567 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:16 PM »

I have one of these and it's a great minnow cooler. If this deal falls through (which it probably will), you can save 15% on one from Austin Kayak by signing up for their newsletter.  Iirc it ends up around $50 shipped. Well worth it imo.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2568 on: Feb 25, 2018, 07:48 PM »
This will never ship, obviously a mistake.

Not sure how your laws work down there but in Canada a merchant is legally obliged to sell for the advertised price.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2569 on: Feb 25, 2018, 08:16 PM »

Not sure how your laws work down there but in Canada a merchant is legally obliged to sell for the advertised price.

I don't think this is advertised, rather someone screwed up on a decimal point. We shall see, we have seen all kinds of crazy with gander/overton's this year, so I will call it 20% chance of going through. If they manually go through orders than there is no chance.

Offline SirCranksalot

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2570 on: Feb 25, 2018, 09:08 PM »
advertised, posted, on a sticker, whatever---they would be obliged to sell it here in Canada.
Keep yer stick on the ice!

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2571 on: Feb 25, 2018, 09:17 PM »

DN

Thanks, DN.  Plenty of Ice Fishing equipment on the list at Overtons to get a great deal.  I'm looking at a Marcum underwater camera that I might pull the trigger on.

I also bought that Engel cooler.  If it goes through, I win.  If it doesn't, I don't care. 

Offline ajv5148

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Treehouse
« Reply #2572 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:07 PM »

I also bought that Engel cooler.  If it goes through, I win.  If it doesn't, I don't care.
I was thinking the same there surveyor... What was the shipping cost on one of those?

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #2573 on: Feb 25, 2018, 10:15 PM »
13 bucks, for a total of $20.  I paid through paypal.  No worries of a scam anyhow. 

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2574 on: Feb 26, 2018, 06:21 AM »
13 bucks, for a total of $20.  I paid through paypal.  No worries of a scam anyhow.

I don't think as much a scam as a pricing error. Of all the pricing errors shopping on internet I have yet to receive one. And over long years old have tried many. I will gladly eat my words if I get that cooler for $7. I am almost positive it was supposed to be $70.99 for the 13qt, or 79.00.

Either way, just don't call the place😉

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2575 on: Feb 26, 2018, 07:42 AM »

I agree with you 100% but they put in some sort of disclaimer so they don't have to honor it. I bought a thermal one man clam from bass pro on Christmas day for $199 with free shipping. It was still being advertised two days later but they ended up cancelling all the orders. It seems fishy to me.

I assume they do it as a loss leader to sell other things?

I tried to push it and ended up with a $100 gift card which doesn't stink but I would much rather have had them honor the order.
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline mboss13

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2576 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:16 AM »
I agree with you 100% but they put in some sort of disclaimer so they don't have to honor it. I bought a thermal one man clam from bass pro on Christmas day for $199 with free shipping. It was still being advertised two days later but they ended up cancelling all the orders. It seems fishy to me.

I assume they do it as a loss leader to sell other things?

I tried to push it and ended up with a $100 gift card which doesn't stink but I would much rather have had them honor the order.

If the deal is advertised (as in a flyer, facebook....etc., it may be different but in no way binding).....I've seen many times on the door of my local walmart that they are sorry for a misprint and it was supposed to be a different item or price. You won't win that one, I suppose you'd have to sue them and good luck with that. In the end it comes to the individual business how they treat their mistake while making it good to the customer. The fact that the engels have not been fixed yet tells me it hasn't even been caught. By now they probably received thousands of orders for them......they will not even have the capacity to ship even if they wanted to.....assuming the wholesale on these is somewhere around $25-30 they could be losing about $18 a piece......you multiply that by several thousands and it could be a mistake worth several hundred k. How many of such mistakes could a business do before closing forever?

I think Bass handled that very nicely by gifting a $100 gc for their mistake. Obviously that $100 gc was worth less than just letting you get the shelter....which they probably never had in the first place as their inventory system sucks.

Offline ship of fools

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2577 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:23 AM »

I think Bass handled that very nicely by gifting a $100 gc for their mistake. Obviously that $100 gc was worth less than just letting you get the shelter....which they probably never had in the first place as their inventory system sucks.

They didn't offer it until I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau .....  amazing how effective that is!  ;D

At best it appears to be false/deceptive advertising to get more orders along with the loss leader  .....  at worst it is.

For these coolers it's possible to get a great deal on the bigger ones too ....  it takes the $7.05 and adds $65 dollars or whatever so the $30 quart is only $75+-
Goin' where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off on some high cold mountain chain.

Offline joemx1825

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2578 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:32 AM »
I got my Engel order confirmation email, says it will be delivered in a week.  My shipping was $9.90 so my total was $16.95 :)

We’ll see...

Offline kayl

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2579 on: Feb 26, 2018, 08:39 AM »
I got my Engel order confirmation email, says it will be delivered in a week.  My shipping was $9.90 so my total was $16.95 :)

We’ll see...

Even shipping emails don't mean a thing, they can always recall the shipment prior to delivery.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.