Author Topic: Unmarked holes  (Read 823 times)

Offline empty hook

• Team IceShanty Addict
Unmarked holes
« on: Feb 22, 2007, 03:06 PM »
The last couple years I have seen more unmarked spearing holes is anyone else having that problem?  Also auger holes together from the flip over fishermen.

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Unmarked holes
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2007, 07:45 AM »
The problem in my area isn't so much as being unmarked, just a poor, lazy way they do it! The stakes are falling over in a couple of days. Granted the holes may freeze down quickly, lets say 12", but with the surrounding ice at 20", thats a thin spot for the rest of season! Then add some snow on top of it, could lead to a bad situation! By law the stakes are to be frozen into the ice! Drilling a hole, packing the slush back in it and pushing the stake in at least a foot, is one good way of doing it! Pushing the stake in the snow, or froze into the slush on the surface, doesn't cut it!

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
Re: Unmarked holes
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2007, 07:55 AM »
OF course temps very,but I redrilled some holes in 20 inches of ice last week that had not been used in 5 days and they were froze to the bottom. This was in a hardside so I am sure they would have froze faster outside. If they can take the time to cut a hole to spear,they should be able to take the time to drill a hole to freeze in a stake.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.