The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Harwood Lake/Cass County  (Read 1494 times)

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
Harwood Lake/Cass County
« on: Jan 05, 2018, 05:04 AM »
Has anyone ever tried this lake through the ice?

Offline greatlakescallco

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Harwood Lake/Cass County
« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2018, 06:59 AM »
Yes!  The ice takes longer than most lakes in that area. Mainly due to the depth and current by the access. 

I saw a guy has been fishing off the access.  Not sure what the ice is like but he didn’t get wet? 

PM for additional

Dibs

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:26 PM »
I saw some tracks going out from the DNR access yesterday, but not far from shore.  No one around. Looks like people have been on Little Corey, but I didn't see anyone there. I wouldn't trust Harwood for quite a while.

Offline wilsonmi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2018, 07:29 PM »
Checked out pleasant today, but only good ice out maybe 40 yards before it was a two whack and thru

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Pleasant had open water just before the cold snap. I haven't ween anyone on any lakes this week. Little Cory should have some traffic this weekend..

Offline wilsonmi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Harwood gives you the opportunity for nice perch, cisco, and maybe a rainbow.  That being said, my efforts there haven't panned out so far on the ice fishing end.

Offline Grizzyaries

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 12, 2019, 11:21 AM »
I'm taking a trip down there this weekend on the free fishing weekend to see what I can put on the ice with a friend of mine from Africa hoping to get into some Cisco possible few trout and some perch to see what bites out there don't know the ice conditions but it should be close to 6 to 8 inches  as an estimate for the region

Offline wilsonmi

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2019, 06:35 PM »
That's pretty high expectations for that lake.  It wouldn't be a place I would take somebody to introduce them to ice fishing.  It's just a tough lake to fish.  There are nice fish in there, but you risk getting skunked also.  All three of those species are rather difficult to target and catch.  That's probably one of the reasons the other lakes nearby get so many more ice fisherman.  No shortage of good bluegill lakes nearby which can be located and have a more dependable bite.  That being said, I'm sure someone that has put their time in has been able to pattern and figure that lake out.

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2019, 07:28 PM »
With all the rain and warm weather, ice today and more rain, DON'T try Harwood. It's a tough lake to fish in the best of conditions. Go across the road to Little Corey. More fish, and a helluva lot safer.

Offline kcskypilot

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • A nice day!
« Reply #9 on: Feb 13, 2019, 01:56 AM »
With all the rain and warm weather, ice today and more rain, DON'T try Harwood. It's a tough lake to fish in the best of conditions. Go across the road to Little Corey. More fish, and a helluva lot safer.

Agreed!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.