The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: 1st trip.....near skunk  (Read 1578 times)

Offline WntrMrngWood

• Team IceShanty Regular
1st trip.....near skunk
« on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:48 AM »
hey guys....  i got out on a small lake yesterday to do some tip up fishing.  when using the vex to check depths and for weeds to set tip ups, i was able to catch one bait sized gill.  after setting up a total of 6 tip ups (yeah there were 3 of us), there were only 3 flags....2 minnow sets, and one run and drop >:(.  i think it was a bass tho, cuz the bait was taken str8 down. 

the ice was still kinda crappy..  2 inches of clear with another 2.5-3 inches of crap ice ontop of it.  at least the snow was blown away and is no longer weighing the ice down.  hopefully a better report this weekend.
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!!

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 1st trip.....near skunk
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2005, 11:53 AM »
Hope your luck is a little better next weekend. 

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2005, 02:38 PM »
Thats because you weren't fishing with me. When we finally get on that lake south of the shop we'll catch some decent number and I'm sure one or two bigger fish. I'll take the pics with your camera (cause she was a psycho) and you'll hold em' up and to the left, they should look extra big with you as a background!
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Offline WntrMrngWood

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2005, 04:40 PM »
good one wet ride,  and i'll bring the rope incase your fat a$$ falls through again.  a wise man once told me not to take a camera on a fishing trip cuz it guarantees you won't catch a decent one.   but then again, i didn't take it on tuesday either.
Yes, there really is a Kalamazoo!!

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2005, 10:06 AM »
You know what will gurantee a big fish? Taking chuck. He'll catch fish all day long, but he never catches the big one. Why do you think I drug him carp fishing all the time. Those pics are at the shop, I'll show to you Sat.
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.