Author Topic: Burbot Jigs  (Read 4639 times)

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
Burbot Jigs
« on: Feb 25, 2008, 11:00 AM »
Hi all,
     I've read through most of the posts on here for jigs and I guess I would just like some more info. or even pictures of the glow jigs everyone is talking about. I am new to jigs and tubes or plastics so I'm not really sure what you guess are refering to when you talk about how you made your jigs. Also any parts or venders you may suggest for this stuff would be good. Thanks all.

Mike

Offline bluecaddisfly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • TIGHT LINES AND SMOOTH DRAGS
Re: Burbot Jigs
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2008, 03:55 AM »
 you could use a regular bucktail w/cut bait and if you want glow most baitshops have glow tape or stickers. doesn't take much, jusy make "eyes on the jighead.

Offline BOOBSS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:12 PM »
I use any jigs that glow. Sproes seems to work good found them at dicks in the salt water section. Basically a small bucktail in glow.  I'm also gonna get some glow paint and do up some of my favorite jigs. Heading up to Chesuncook for the spawn are we  ;D

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2008, 07:44 PM »
Good call boobs, I'm on spring break for the next 2 weeks and I'm working in the mill in Millinocket. So I figured that I would give it a try in the next few weekends. When I was there a few weeks ago the guy next to me caught a 5 lber and two 3 lbers during the day on tipups. We'll see how it goes. I was at dicks today and didn't even look in the salt water section. I got some regular bead head and glow tape so I'll give that a try. Also got some bucktails at home.

Offline BOOBSS

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:23 PM »
Hey Mainefiisha I almost forgot Stop at the Katahdin General on your way up. They have some glow Halis down at the far end of the counter.

Offline MaineFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2008, 06:50 PM »
Halis like the smaller jigs for panfish and stuff? My buddies and I who always fish together have about 40 or 50 of them that we use for smelts. We have all sizes and various colors both glow and non-glow. I have caught cusk on them before by accident but never thought to use them targeting cusk. My buddy had a one break the chain on is hali a few years back, they don't seem to be rugged enough for that. Am I thinking of the right jigs? By the way Boobss, where are you from, you seem to know the area pretty well?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.