Author Topic: When it rains it pours..  (Read 2809 times)

Offline 101HoosierPerchin

• IceShanty Rookie
When it rains it pours..
« on: Feb 17, 2011, 12:46 AM »
Late ice has not been the best time of year for me.. I know its probably irrelavent to most.. No probably all of you but i have to get this off my chest. I resently invested in a Marcum Showdown 5.6 off ebay and have been waiting anxiously for the last few days to get it. Tonight i was going over all the product info and realized the picture of the product the guys selling is acctually a Marcum Ice Troller that the guy misslabeled.. Normally it wouldnt be such a big deal but i was supose to fish a tourney this weekend and now will be doing it without a unit... Not to mention fishing has been terrible the past few trips for me!!!!
FISH: An animal that grows the fastest between the time its caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
Re: When it rains it pours..
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2011, 06:47 AM »
That sucks.....but hope you hammer 'em in the tourney!  Good Luck
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline willijac

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17, 2011, 07:47 AM »
You should be able to make a claim with Ebay that the product description doesn't match the picture. They have an online chat available from the main page, and sometimes you can get good advice from their people.

Offline 101HoosierPerchin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 17, 2011, 01:39 PM »
Its got a 30 day return policy so it will def go back. I just cant help but think that this guy was trying to rip someone that might not have known any better off. :/
FISH: An animal that grows the fastest between the time its caught and the time the fisherman describes it to his friends.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 17, 2011, 02:20 PM »
Its got a 30 day return policy so it will def go back. I just cant help but think that this guy was trying to rip someone that might not have known any better off. :/

Probably true...maybe this will make you feel better.  Jan 8th this year I slid off the road in my truck and into a ditch and hit a tree head on and did 9400.00 damage to it...Took it in paid my 500 deductable and the day I got it back from the shop (jan 27th) my son rear ended another car in his jeep liberty.  Just a fender bender and only 800 damage to the jeep, but there goes another 500 out of pocket for the deductable.  I waited a couple weeks to take his jeep in becuase it was just fender damage and was drivable, so they ordered the parts and I took it in this past monday and was supposed to get it back on Tuesday.  My son took my truck to school on Tuesday and gets rear ended while sitting at a stop light so hard it totals the grand am that hit him and shoved my truck into the smaller pickup in front of him hard enough to send one of the occupants in the small truck to the hospital.  So now my truck is damaged again in the front and rear this time.  Luckily my kids are ok, no injuries.  However, the stupid girl that was texting while driving and creamed my truck has NO INSURANCE!!!!  So it goes on my policy under the uninsured driver part and I am out another 250.00 deductable + not having my truck for probably 2 weeks.  I just got the estimate and it is another 5800 in damage to my truck!!  Hope that cheers you up some!!!   ;D

Offline walleyeboater

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 17, 2011, 02:26 PM »
My problems don't seem so bad after all.

Offline Retired-UAW

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Personal Best 7 lbs even
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2011, 02:34 PM »
Wax Worn guide service?? ::)  maybe you can guide some of the lurkers on here for extra $$$$.  :roflmao: Hate to be in your shoes. OUCH :wacko:
\\\"WORK\\\" is for people who don`t know how to \\\"FISH\\\"

Offline princecraft

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2011, 03:36 PM »
Waxworm,.......all I can say is you better stay off the ice the rest of the season
Fisherman's Prayer
   I pray that I may live to fish
          Until my dying day.
And when it comes to my last cast,
       I then most humbly pray:
When in the Lord's great landing net
           And peacefully asleep,
      That in His mercy I be Judged
              BIG ENOUGH TO KEEP.

Offline fishinfiend

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2011, 04:37 PM »
Probably true...maybe this will make you feel better.  Jan 8th this year I slid off the road in my truck and into a ditch and hit a tree head on and did 9400.00 damage to it...Took it in paid my 500 deductable and the day I got it back from the shop (jan 27th) my son rear ended another car in his jeep liberty.  Just a fender bender and only 800 damage to the jeep, but there goes another 500 out of pocket for the deductable.  I waited a couple weeks to take his jeep in becuase it was just fender damage and was drivable, so they ordered the parts and I took it in this past monday and was supposed to get it back on Tuesday.  My son took my truck to school on Tuesday and gets rear ended while sitting at a stop light so hard it totals the grand am that hit him and shoved my truck into the smaller pickup in front of him hard enough to send one of the occupants in the small truck to the hospital.  So now my truck is damaged again in the front and rear this time.  Luckily my kids are ok, no injuries.  However, the stupid girl that was texting while driving and creamed my truck has NO INSURANCE!!!!  So it goes on my policy under the uninsured driver part and I am out another 250.00 deductable + not having my truck for probably 2 weeks.  I just got the estimate and it is another 5800 in damage to my truck!!  Hope that cheers you up some!!!   ;D
Wax, that sucks!!!  Glad to hear everyonr is ok

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2011, 04:52 PM »
WaxWorm - i sure hope that you are looking into small claims court to recoup the 250. Good Luck.

Hope the rest of the year goes better.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2011, 09:37 PM »
WaxWorm - i sure hope that you are looking into small claims court to recoup the 250. Good Luck.

Hope the rest of the year goes better.

Well, I will let my insurance company sue her for the damage to my truck, the medical bill for the one person that was taken to the ER (he is fine) and my deductable.  Since she could not afford insurance, I doubt they will get a dime out of her nor would I if I tried to take her to court for the 250.  Eventually they will garnish her wages, if she works, and I will get my money, but it may be a few years.

Offline h2.0shaver

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2011, 09:57 PM »
Wax I hope everything works out for you.
So much for the law that states that we ALL carry insurance, real nice

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2011, 10:16 PM »
No wonder u told me to not read  ice shanty while driven. you know -it could have been worse-that is one way to look at it.

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2011, 10:19 PM »
Wax I hope everything works out for you.
So much for the law that states that we ALL carry insurance, real nice

Thanks, I will be fine, but she will have her license suspended due to no insurance at the time of an accident, but if you are going to drive without insurance, I am sure she will drive with a suspened license too.  Look at all the illegals in this country driving with no insurance or license or any kind of drivers training.  With today's technology, the drivers license, insurance companies, license plates should all be tied together.  If you drop your insurance, you lose your license and your plates.  According to the officer that investigated the accident, he said you would be amazed at the number of people on the road with no insurance.  It is one of the main reasons premiums are so high for those of us that do carry it, so the insurance companies make enough to cover the losses they encounter due to all the idiots out there without insurance.  Seems real fair doesn't it.....do the right thing and get screwed anyway!

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #14 on: Feb 18, 2011, 07:08 AM »
Man I can't imagine all that crap happening!  Hope it works out Wax!
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 18, 2011, 07:55 AM »
Wax...I think your truck and the "mighty tracker" are related somehow! Dude, Has your insurance company been like....**censored**?
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Feb 18, 2011, 08:56 AM »
Wax...I think your truck and the "mighty tracker" are related somehow! Dude, Has your insurance company been like....**censored**?

Well the first one was my fault, the seoncd one my son's fault, but the third one will not 'count' against me even though my insurance is likely going to have to eat the entire cost.  That is why I carry uninsured motorist and underinsured motorist on my policy.  I am sure they will sue her and get some or all their money back over time, but it will be years if they have to garnish wages if/when she works.  I had never had a claim in 24 years of driving with the insurance company, so they have got their share of money from me!!  They are still on the + side after paying all 3 of these.  The body shop did have a nice hat and 'goodie' bag for me as a joke when I came in with the third vehilce in a little over 5 weeks.  We are on a first name basis!!  :roflmao:

Offline Fish_Tko

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 18, 2011, 09:25 AM »
That sucks Waxy....i know the feeling.

Last spring IceMachiner and i were fishing for Salmon in April out of New Buffalo and we had just finished up fishing. He went up to grab my truck and drive down to the ramp. While driving through the parking lot another guy backed his trailer out into the side of my truck. Clearly the guy backing outs fault. This guy, as i later found out was an attorney. He gave me his insurance information, and i Filed a police report with the city of New Buffalo and went home. Then i find out Michigan is a no fault state. It winds up going on my insurance and i was going to have to pay the deductable. I contacted this guy and asked him if he would be willing to pay the deductable, as he caused the accident and he said no, and said Icemachiner was driving too fast in the parking lot.....that was a load of BS, the guy never even looked back.....All i can say is Dirtbag. Thankfully State Farm ended up waiving the deductable for me and i didn't have any out of pocket cost.

There is only one theory about angling in which I have perfect confidence, and this is that the two words, least appropriate to any statement, about it, are the words "always" and "never."

Offline Wink1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 18, 2011, 11:30 AM »
i wouldn't be surprised if the insurance company drops you and if they don't, the next 3 years premiums will be premium $$$$$$ I had 1 claim in 15 years and mine went up $400 a year now i am about to add my 2 teenagers cant wait to see that bill heheheh I hope I'm wrong but they will get as much out of you as  they can what a scam insurance is
Wink

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Feb 18, 2011, 01:03 PM »
i wouldn't be surprised if the insurance company drops you and if they don't, the next 3 years premiums will be premium $$$$$$ I had 1 claim in 15 years and mine went up $400 a year now i am about to add my 2 teenagers cant wait to see that bill heheheh I hope I'm wrong but they will get as much out of you as  they can what a scam insurance is
Wink

I have already talked to them and depending on if the person my son hit in second bumper colision turns it in on my insurance, I may not get dinged at all for that one since my son's repair was only 800 or which I paid 500.  They told me unless they pay more than 500 on a claim it will not affect you.  They did tell me the increase in preminum if both accidents are turned in and cost them more than 500, and it was not too bad...less than I thought and no they will not drop me.

Offline Wink1

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #20 on: Feb 18, 2011, 11:42 PM »
glad to hear that  ;)
Wink1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.