Author Topic: Where do i find the tullibee's and dog's in echo?!?  (Read 1510 times)

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
Where do i find the tullibee's and dog's in echo?!?
« on: Feb 20, 2006, 09:49 PM »
im desperate i love catching tullibee and want to catch a big dog.  ??? :tipup:  :'(

Offline truthfulscouter

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Where do i find the tullibee's and dog's in echo?!?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2006, 11:44 AM »
They were pounding tullibee right out in front of the Scout Camp last weekend, must have saw 75 come up from four guys in about three hours. I think they were using eyes as bait.

Offline fishcrusher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Got Fish?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2006, 12:48 PM »
Anywhere in the lake those tulibees are.  Hit 45 feet of water, and fish suspnded- 20 feet or so, its a gaurantee.
Withdraw to the Wilderness
Wekusko Falls Lodge

Offline Big Burk

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • wishin I was fishin
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2006, 12:22 AM »
the bait should be around 20 feet deep ? ???

Offline RAPALA

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 22, 2006, 10:16 AM »
From my experience we have been going out to a spot on Echo right in front of Camp to Waawsee pardon my spelling
in about 20-30 feet of water. we were just hammering Tulibee we must have caught at least 40. It was non stop action.
We must have found a hole. We also caught some nice perch and one 8 pound walleye.

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #5 on: Feb 22, 2006, 12:30 PM »
I remember fishing a perch tournament on Mission Lake in-front of the ski hill. We were not to far out from shore but I sure found the tullibees. I was not really catching the intended perch but still it was good fun. Like the other have said I was about midway between the ice and the bottom. I would lower my lure to the bottom shake it for a while turn the reel 3-4 turns shake it for a bit and continue this all the way up.

Not sure where to go for dog, but where ever you find the perch or tullibees they won't be far behind. Just lower you lure to 6 inches of the bottom. Sometimes even banging it on the bottom a couple of times and stirring up the mud or sand is good to.

The medium to smaller tullibees make good pike and burbot/dog fish bait just make sure they are not alive. :)

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.