Author Topic: chum?  (Read 1826 times)

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
chum?
« on: Jan 18, 2012, 04:25 PM »
Just curious  ???  i have read thru all seven pages of this thread, noticed a few liked to chum and was wondering how many people chum for these ling? and possibly whats in your chum? At lake powell i blend a pack of anchovies in a blender with about a 1/2 cup of water, freeze in gallon freezer bags (1 for each night we are there)  then take the chumcicle put it in a small laundry garment bag take it out to the main channel soak for a beer or so, troll the bag back to the house boat and attach it to the back of the house boat. Give it a good shake every hour or so. Really brings the stripers into whatever canyon we staying in. My friends were a little sceptical so i didnt put one out one night and we only caught about  20 percent the stripers as the nights with the chumcicle out. Put 2 out the next night and we were right back into them
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re: chum?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 22, 2012, 02:34 AM »
Well I guess with 50 views and no replies I guess nobodys chummin or its a BIG NO NO to talk about it. Tightlines :tipup: :tipup:
     Wyoming & Idaho    

fbksmtnman

« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2012, 04:56 AM »
I've tried bait atttractors, chum without any real sucess.  Ive tied old carcasses to my set poles,  tried mushed herring in citris fruit bags, even tried punching holes in oily dog food cans and tieing them up to a rope and sinking them upstream of my blind.  I even tried making some homeaid flasher dodgers and setiing them unbaited about a foot above and 2 feet infront of my bait.  nothings worked for me , they are either there and I catch them or they arent and I dont.  But thats all river fishing under the ice. Not to sure about lakes,  I would fear up here it would attract too many lake trout if I set up sets with chum.  And for anyone reading, yes I removed all my trash, not a big fan of polluting.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2012, 11:33 AM »
thanks for the reply fbksmtnman i ended up blending some anchovie, small shrimp and some real cheap canned crab meat from walmart and let me tell you that stuff reeked. Dont know wether it gave us much luck as our #'s were pretty low for the tourney. My buddy did pull a hog though, i'll put a pic in the pic section on this thread
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.