Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing With Electronics

Garmin striker 4 plus ice bundle transducer?

(1/3) > >>

BRsnow:
If someone has this set, what transducer came with it? Does it just come with the normal open water one? Thank you

chapru:
Yes, unless you buy the ice bundle. The higher end Garmin ice transducers run $160-180 new, almost as much as I paid for the unit and carrying case. Garmin must have gotten wise and are selling a cheaper transducer, Garicexd dual beam, for about $80. I picked one up and because of no ice I tried it off a handicapped fishing pier. It seemed to work okay, better than trying to Jimmy the open water one to hang right.

BRsnow:

--- Quote from: chapru on Jan 16, 2023, 05:47 AM ---Yes, unless you buy the ice bundle. The higher end Garmin ice transducers run $160-180 new, almost as much as I paid for the unit and carrying case. Garmin must have gotten wise and are selling a cheaper transducer, Garicexd dual beam, for about $80. I picked one up and because of no ice I tried it off a handicapped fishing pier. It seemed to work okay, better than trying to Jimmy the open water one to hang right.

--- End quote ---

Thanks, the ice bundle just days dual beam,  doesn’t list the iceducers that come with the larger units. Trying to get clarity if the dual beam is for ice. Appreciate it.

vt-jig:
Standard bundle is dual beam I believe.  BUT is the open water transducer.   It works great through the ice, just make sure it's floating mostly straight.   I love mine, won't fish without it.
I have never used the cone shaped ice transducer to compare them though.
The dual beam feature is very handy on the ice in certain scenarios. Definitely something to play with

hardwater diehard:
Based on the manual and descrption/spec my guess is

https://www.garmin.com/en-US/p/735513

CHIRP 77 and CHIRP 200 kHz

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version