Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Ice Fishing With Electronics

Garmin echomap UHD 73cv power up time?

(1/5) > >>

BRsnow:
Getting ready to pick one up, for hole hopping for example does it power up pretty quickly? Have a helix 5 that takes a bit of time. Any insights on the garmin ? Thank you

theTUGistheDRUG:
I just got a 93 and I assume it would be about the same as the 73.  My buddy has an older hum and it def takes longer than my Garmin.  Could be a number of factors (age, memory, cpu processor, etc) but I wouldn't consider either a hinderance.  Turn the unit on sooner or leave it on is my suggestion if that is a concern for you.  Lithium battery a must in my opinion for weight and battery life. Hope it was helpful in some way.  :tipup:

RStock521:
I turn mine on in the morning and it stays on until I'm done for the day.  Only time I'd ever turn it off is if I have a long move or something.  I went with a lithium battery, so I don't worry about it too much.  Have fished for 12 hours and have never run out of battery.

BRsnow:
Any issue with damage to transducers if you run them out of the water?

appleye:
You can put the unit to sleep while moving. I guess it takes about 30 seconds to power up. I don't think you want to leave it running out of the water.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version