Author Topic: Game of inches  (Read 5999 times)

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Game of inches
« Reply #30 on: Nov 30, 2022, 06:50 AM »
Aside from all the noise, watching Clayton pull up that Laker was magical!

Clayton is great to watch. Is there anybody more enthusiastic about fishing than him?

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Nov 30, 2022, 08:47 AM »
Clayton is great to watch. Is there anybody more enthusiastic about fishing than him?

Clayton bringing that laker in was fun to watch!  Gotta appreciate this mans passion!
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 30, 2022, 12:48 PM »
I’m all caught up on day 4 now. My only complaint about this series is that it’s hard to tell who’s in the lead with each team making their own video. One video that goes back and forth to each team throughout the day would be much better.
We should do a game of inches style photo tournament here.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FreshwaterPhil.com - Montreal fishing
« Reply #33 on: Nov 30, 2022, 04:56 PM »

We should do a game of inches style photo tournament here.

Would be a fun idea, bragging rights per species. Either monthly or season long.

Possibly come up with some way to level the playing field, as different region are better suited to bigger specimens of certain species. As well, many species are closed in certain places, such as lakers throughout Quebec, bass & Musky in Ontario, etc. Maybe I'm just overthinking this.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 30, 2022, 09:20 PM »
Would be a fun idea, bragging rights per species. Either monthly or season long.

Possibly come up with some way to level the playing field, as different region are better suited to bigger specimens of certain species. As well, many species are closed in certain places, such as lakers throughout Quebec, bass & Musky in Ontario, etc. Maybe I'm just overthinking this.
I think we could just do it season long and as many different species as you can catch. Start a topic and just keep adding/editing the photos of your new fish to your original post and give your total inches. It would be fun to see all the different species people catch and give people an excuse to target different fish.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 01, 2022, 06:06 AM »
I think we could just do it season long and as many different species as you can catch. Start a topic and just keep adding/editing the photos of your new fish to your original post and give your total inches. It would be fun to see all the different species people catch and give people an excuse to target different fish.

I'd be lucky to hit 100 inches for the season, as I mainly target perch / panfish, bass, and sometimes pike or stocked trout.

Maybe have all participants post new catches and upgrades to one thread, and then keep the season tally in their signatures?

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 01, 2022, 09:47 AM »
Whent he videos release I watch each, and then compare the results at the end of the videos. I have each video in their own tab and just swap between them to see the day 4 results.

Clayton's episode was awesome, I was so nervous for him pulling up that trout.

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Dec 01, 2022, 09:55 AM »
No last minute release.  Already been confirmed by everyone Uncut will not have videos.  I almost guarantee Aaron did not edit his videos because of the AP sh*t show.  This was AP's idea.  And in my opinion, the production quality is way way way less than 39 hours.  Each team edit's their own.  So storyline, connectivity and overall quality is much on average lower, and all over the place.  It seems that Uncut's biggest pet peeve over the years is quality videos/production value.  39 hours could be on espn right off the jump.  High quality stuff.  Game of inches is fun, but low quality imo.  And so, when AP bailed mid competition, even though it was his idea...that had to be the reason aaron just didnt edit his videos.  Had nothing to due with mental health as was rumored in other forums. Had to do with AP sh*t show.  As a fan of all of them, Im still watching.

That can't be the reason. He is tight with all of the teams, so if he saw the effort and quality of Jay's, Claytons, The Geeks, and even Cast and Conquer's videos I would think he would jump on it. It looks far worse for someone to participate in the entire 5 days, and even be winning at some point, and just not release any videos. It just shows such disrespect to all the other teams. Aaron looks way worse than Alex. Alex had some mental breakdown or something which was weird, but Aaron just said nah entirely.

I really respect the way Cast and Conquer recovered after Alex left. I think he stepped a lot and is delivering some great episodes.

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 01, 2022, 10:43 AM »
in all honesty the whole thing is kind of weird. 

- you have uncut not releasing videos. 
- you have ap cutting out.
- the frostbite dude with the mustache ends their short 12 minute video basically bashing the other competitors for being whiners. 

all the while this was all taped in March. and its all still being released. Like they've had time to reflect on this. and not a peep out of aaron or alex at all.  like how do you not address this?  Clayton in a live chat was getting pissed at all the questions.  Well sorry guy, frostbite isn't giving ANYONE any information so of course that is what is driving conversations.   your two initial FB investors or whatever the crap they were are flakes. 

Maybe thats the purpose.  to drive these kind of conversations and interest to this programing. 

i don't care.  i loved jerry springer when I was a kid.  I'll participate all day long.  Its just interesting. 

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 01, 2022, 11:00 AM »
Maybe involving Frostbite wasn't a good idea? Did you guys ever watch those Jay Vs. Clay videos? They just have competitions between each other, but release separate videos. That was the inspiration for GoI, but maybe involving so many teams and Frostbite over-complicated it. If it was just the Geeks, Jay & Josh, and Clay and Adam, they would've had a drama free competition. Just friends fishing for a title. Heck give Cast and Conquer an invite next year too.

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 01, 2022, 11:03 AM »
in all honesty the whole thing is kind of weird. 

- you have uncut not releasing videos. 
- you have ap cutting out.
- the frostbite dude with the mustache ends their short 12 minute video basically bashing the other competitors for being whiners. 

all the while this was all taped in March. and its all still being released. Like they've had time to reflect on this. and not a peep out of aaron or alex at all.  like how do you not address this?  Clayton in a live chat was getting pissed at all the questions.  Well sorry guy, frostbite isn't giving ANYONE any information so of course that is what is driving conversations.   your two initial FB investors or whatever the crap they were are flakes. 

Maybe thats the purpose.  to drive these kind of conversations and interest to this programing. 

i don't care.  i loved jerry springer when I was a kid.  I'll participate all day long.  Its just interesting.

couldn't agree more.  All this footage has been available for nearly a year.  They could've done a lot of creative editing or some sort of explanation ahead of time.   Did all this come down last minute?   Just a weird deal.   And now they are all getting together at the Fargo Ice Show for an awards ceremony?  How is that going to go?  LOL   

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #41 on: Dec 01, 2022, 12:03 PM »
I have been religiously watching Clayton, the geeks, and catch and cook. I only heard of AP dipping out through this forum but honestly that’s why I don’t subscribe or follow him in the first place. Click bait stuff and drama seems to fuel his channel. If I wanted click bait and drama I’d watch CBS. If it’s mental health stuff, I apologize for my comments, but if it’s not then it’s just another example of weirdness that I don’t enjoy watching.

Pulling for Clayton and Adam. Those guys were into it from the start and I just like those guys. They make a good team. Adam just sits there, catches fish, and gives us his 2 cents, and Clayton seems to rig everything up and in the mean time gives us the giggles. Also catches his fair share of fish of course.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Dec 01, 2022, 12:56 PM »
Maybe involving Frostbite wasn't a good idea? Did you guys ever watch those Jay Vs. Clay videos? They just have competitions between each other, but release separate videos. That was the inspiration for GoI, but maybe involving so many teams and Frostbite over-complicated it. If it was just the Geeks, Jay & Josh, and Clay and Adam, they would've had a drama free competition. Just friends fishing for a title. Heck give Cast and Conquer an invite next year too.

I believe this was "sponsored" by Frostbite.  they are all using FB rods and stuff.  whether it was FB's idea (word is it was AP's) who knows its so vague and dripping with stupid drama. 

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 01, 2022, 01:01 PM »
couldn't agree more.  All this footage has been available for nearly a year.  They could've done a lot of creative editing or some sort of explanation ahead of time.   Did all this come down last minute?   Just a weird deal.   And now they are all getting together at the Fargo Ice Show for an awards ceremony?  How is that going to go?  LOL

yeah like all of this happened in march.  AP flakes out runs a away because the russians are coming. ok he's out.   OH BUT BTW in November, Alex is releasing the first 2 days on his channel?  like...what? why are you still "involved" at all.  gtfo.   meanwhile he's putting out podcasts with barstool making 0 mention of it and wiebe is releasing his odd ball "i'm going go ice fishing in a life raft using my big toe as a fishing rod" videos

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 01, 2022, 04:09 PM »
yeah like all of this happened in march.  AP flakes out runs a away because the russians are coming. ok he's out.   OH BUT BTW in November, Alex is releasing the first 2 days on his channel?  like...what? why are you still "involved" at all.  gtfo.   meanwhile he's putting out podcasts with barstool making 0 mention of it and wiebe is releasing his odd ball "i'm going go ice fishing in a life raft using my big toe as a fishing rod" videos

Spot on with your assessment of series so far. I FF through BS and focus on fishing scenes.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 02, 2022, 03:14 PM »
I think they probably split up the footage into AP and Cast and Conquer because they knew AP would get more views up front. Then the switch to Cast and Conquer gets them some publicity and views. A win for both.
Does anyone know if AP and Aaron are still the owners of Frostbite?

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Dec 05, 2022, 07:51 PM »
Just finished watching 5 teams day 5. A few more nice catches for a some of the teams. Was fun watching these guys compete, especially as a Canadian :)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #47 on: Dec 06, 2022, 01:21 AM »
I have been watching all the teams videos and have found it interesting how each team goes about the same goal, but, in different ways. @)
Enjoyed the videos I have seen so-far. :)

WW
Looking for that BIG BITE!

Offline DTro

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Dec 06, 2022, 07:11 AM »
 What are the odds Clayton/Adam locates and catches that Whitefish without the Live Scanning sonar?   I say zero, especially due to the time constraints.
This is the REAL X factor with these tools.  Not so much sitting on top of fish and catching them, but being able to locate your distant target and then hitting it.   Very cool stuff!
Congrats to all the teams on your catches and providing some entertaining moments for us all. 

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Dec 06, 2022, 08:16 AM »
Watching a wrap up episode with some of the teams. Interesting stuff.

Offline Hatandboots

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Dec 06, 2022, 12:19 PM »
Thanks for posting the after show, I wouldn't have found out about that otherwise. Fun show overall.

Offline FreshwaterPhil

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 06, 2022, 12:46 PM »
Thanks for posting the after show, I wouldn't have found out about that otherwise. Fun show overall.

My pleasure. Didn't know about it either, it showed up on my Youtube feed this morning. As Andrew said during the show, our winter rules here are just all over the place.

I know the spot where he catches his muskies, I haven't fished there in winter, as most of them are too big to safely bring through an 8 inch holes, and I don't own a 10 inch auger. Also tends to become a zoo, as many locals here know the spot, and it's right off the island of Montreal, which has a good 3 million people living here. some good walleyes there as well.

Caught this beener a bit further upstream from there about 3 weeks ago in open water.

Offline TheJigginJerk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 08, 2022, 03:23 PM »
I finished watching the series today. It was pretty good. I wish they did a better job with the competition results/leaderboard. Each video should have started and ended with a leader board showing all the teams. They had 8 months to edit this. Maybe that’s why Aaron didn’t want to post his footage. Didn’t want to put out a subpar product.

Offline HWeber

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 08, 2022, 04:33 PM »
Hard to make anything comparable to the original. Don't really care to watch anything with AP, he's just unwatchable imo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.