Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Equipment

Taking the Plunge...LIVESCOPE Build

<< < (2/10) > >>

Boglake:
I use GT10 with lvs32, works great in deep water, and a must, the lvs32 works well up to 50 or so feet, then you loose jig movement.  No experience with the other options, they have bigger cones, GT10 goes up to 16 deg.

theTUGistheDRUG:
Good to know, thanks. LVS34 could possibly help the deepwater issues. It has some  pretty impressive detail at distance in forward mode in a gg yt vid I saw. Potentially could have a bit better range than the 32 in down mode. Fingers crossed on that! I saw that Summit offers the GT54 ducer bracket for the livescope pole so someone must have tried it. Would be convenient since I have it but would it even fit down an 8” hole?  :o

rundrave:

--- Quote from: theTUGistheDRUG on Apr 01, 2022, 05:30 PM ---I don't really need it until next ice season,

--- End quote ---

Does anyone know if there are any limitations to using the LVS34 in cold temps? I have been getting conflicting info from sources that Garmin is stating its not supported for use in cold temps?

Perhaps if your setup in an ice house its not an issue but what if your running and gunning on the ice and its exposed to cold temps? Is there going to be any issues with the LVS34 in cold temps etc while moving around on the ice?

Hard to say with it being so new not many details out there. But I am in the same position and would like to get a LVS34 before next ice season as that is mostly what I will use it for. Its not worth the upgrade to me if I cant use it on the ice and would stick with LVS32.

theTUGistheDRUG:

--- Quote from: rundrave on Apr 06, 2022, 08:34 AM ---Does anyone know if there are any limitations to using the LVS34 in cold temps? I have been getting conflicting info from sources that Garmin is stating its not supported for use in cold temps?

Perhaps if your setup in an ice house its not an issue but what if your running and gunning on the ice and its exposed to cold temps? Is there going to be any issues with the LVS34 in cold temps etc while moving around on the ice?

Hard to say with it being so new not many details out there. But I am in the same position and would like to get a LVS34 before next ice season as that is mostly what I will use it for. Its not worth the upgrade to me if I cant use it on the ice and would stick with LVS32.

--- End quote ---

Interesting turn here.  I had not seen that info.  It seems a bit counterintuitive for a newer technology to have a more limited function than its predecessor, but if you have to buy 2 different units then Garmin makes more money!  My limited understanding is that it is pretty much just a different crystal configuration (just like Vexilar always did with their transducers) than the LVS32, so I am not sure about why there would be a temp range issue.  I am not an expert and as you said, there is limited info available right now so I guess we will need to wait and see.   The LVS32 has a IF (ice fishing) version, but I have not seen large scale issues from people using the standard one on hard water.  I think they just made a cable or cable connection more flexible to handle cold weather and created a new part number.  You could not even buy it initially besides in their premium lithium battery ice fishing bundle kit. 

kayl:

--- Quote from: rundrave on Apr 06, 2022, 08:34 AM ---Does anyone know if there are any limitations to using the LVS34 in cold temps? I have been getting conflicting info from sources that Garmin is stating its not supported for use in cold temps?

--- End quote ---

It's a non-issue that idiotic people pushed with the LVS32 also. The operating temp of the PS22, LVS32, and LVS34 are all exactly the same, 0° to 40° Celsius. The storage temps are -40°C to 85 Celsius. The LVS34 will be just fine on the ice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version