New Hampshire > Ice Fishing New Hampshire

Massabesic Lake Out of State - Late Season

(1/4) > >>

Pause Game:
Tagging along wife's business trip to Bedford NH.
I have all day thursday to fish, but cannot venture further than an hour so from bedford chose Massabesic Lake. I tried to get down to RI for the fishing convention...

Is Massabesic ice still safe, or should i be throwing flies in the merrimack?

I will be on foot, any places/unique species I should be targeting?
Should i be running jigging rods or tip-ups?
Any regs i need to know, Ill be coming from NYS.

Steve H.:
You definitely won't be throwing flies on the Merrimack.

Here's one of the easiest ways to access Massabesic, assuming it's been plowed. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Front+Park/@43.0018301,-71.3879911,721m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e25a93d65a45fb:0x2aa1907c7a069370!8m2!3d43.003223!4d-71.3902395

No comments on ice thickness/quality, you're on your own for that.  Just be careful and check frequently.

Roccus:
I have t been to massy. In a few weeks, southern ice is getting sketchy..judtvwatvh the shore line and drain holes..

Lv2hunt:
Drive by massy everyday live a mile from it have not been on it as of a couple weeks ago but edges are holding up well by the park there are a few coves along the manchster side that hold ice for a while. Stay away from boat launch on 121 side already a couple of rescues there and stay away from deer neck bridge always moving water and open. What are you targeting?

Pause Game:

--- Quote from: Lv2hunt on Mar 08, 2022, 01:08 PM ---Drive by massy everyday live a mile from it have not been on it as of a couple weeks ago but edges are holding up well by the park there are a few coves along the manchster side that hold ice for a while. Stay away from boat launch on 121 side already a couple of rescues there and stay away from deer neck bridge always moving water and open. What are you targeting?

--- End quote ---

Targeting anything I can keep wet.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version