Author Topic: Excellent Customer Service At Amped Outdoors  (Read 2045 times)

Offline glenwyo

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Excellent Customer Service At Amped Outdoors
« on: Sep 22, 2020, 10:41 PM »
On November 7, 2018, I purchased a 12v, 10ah lithium battery from Amped Outdoors (Energized Outdoors back then). In late November of 2019 I went on my first ice fishing trip of the season. It was a two day fishing trip, 300 miles from my house. To the keep the story short, the battery quit working the second morning of fishing and would not charge up. Thankfully, I brought a spare battery along with me. When I returned home, I tried a different lithium battery charger and it still wouldn't charge. I must have thought that the battery only had a one year warranty, so I didn't bother calling Amped Outdoors last year as it was past one year. While recently looking on the Amped Outdoors website, I noticed that their lithium batteries have a two year warranty. As I still had the defective battery, I sent them an email on Sept. 16 explaining the situation. Less than one hour later, I received this email from Amped Outdoors: "Hello Glen. Sorry to hear this. We are shipping you one today with a return label to send back for us to test. Thank you for your support." Talk about a quick response and fast action! The new, replacement battery, which happens to be a 12ah one as the 10ah is no longer sold, was mailed the same day (Sept. 16) and I received it on Sept. 18. Over the past two years, I have ordered a few things from Amped Outdoors and they have always been good to deal with. We often hear about people having negative experiences with companies so I just wanted to share a positive experience.   

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
Re: Excellent Customer Service At Amped Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2020, 02:54 AM »
Yep they are great to work with!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:38 AM »
Beyond good customer service. They were incredible when I was in the process of building my own 60ah battery box using 3 of their 20ah packs. He responded to every one of my numerous emails and quickly too. Even after the sale was made I had questions and he was just as responsive. I will go to them for all my battery needs if possible.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:59 AM »
Glad to hear it. Mine was bad also and Matt took care of everything the same way he did for you. The main board was probably at fault. We spoke for quite a while about batteries and R/C racing and matching cells.

Offline manning1987

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Sep 23, 2020, 08:00 AM »
I'm another satisfied customer. Awesome service, products and speedy shipping.

Offline RStock521

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Sep 23, 2020, 09:07 AM »
I didn't buy anything from him yet*, but had some questions for him last year and he immediately responded and even gave me a promo code to use.  When my SLA craps out, I'll definitely be going to Energized for my battery.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Sep 23, 2020, 06:15 PM »
I just ordered some jigs got them today was missing 1 line of the order in jigs a quick call and there on there way excellent service and that's why I too buy from them.

Offline sparksNfishing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:24 PM »
I've ordered a ton of tungsten jigs from them last year and found them to be very good quality. No issues with paint chipping from them banging around when they pop out of silicone case. I plan to order again but only when I'm not slapped with a heavy duty fee. All said and done it was still cheaper then buying local and a way bigger selection.

Offline Mrpike1973

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Sep 23, 2020, 07:43 PM »
I agree Sparksnfishing great lures and way cheaper than 2-4 bucks a pop at stores. They make the smaller 3mm which for me is hard to find at times.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Sep 23, 2020, 08:07 PM »
another fan of amped/energized.  jigs are fantastic and caught a ton of walleye this past weekend at jan lake.  i'll be ordering more for christmas and perhaps a battery for the flasher.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Maineguy93

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Sep 28, 2020, 04:00 PM »
I have not ordered from them yet, but spoke with them sometime in August about a battery for an aquavu, very helpful, very responsive... even better he told me to wait until September/October when they should be coming out with a charger that fits directly to the aquavu oem charge port so that I do not need to constantly remove the battery. He could have easily sold me the current charger and then hoped I would buy the new one a few months later. I was very impressed.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.