Author Topic: Battery Bracket  (Read 896 times)

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Battery Bracket
« on: Aug 18, 2020, 09:18 AM »
Anybody use, or know of, a battery bracket for a portable fish house? I know of the Clam one but it just seems way overbuilt. Seems too big and too heavy. Not looking for a whole power station jus a simple bracket.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Battery Bracket
« Reply #1 on: Aug 18, 2020, 09:37 AM »
When you were looking did you see that they sell just the bracket?  They sell it for $14.99.  I have one of these and they hold the battery up without sagging.  There is a hook-loop strap to hold the battery in. 

I see that battery power pack and agree - probably a little overkill. 

Otherwise, you could bend a piece of metal and drill two holes if you want to go that route.
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Aug 18, 2020, 07:12 PM »
I had a 55 Chevy with a 375 hp 327 that didn’t have that heavy a battery box !

Online DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #3 on: Aug 18, 2020, 07:56 PM »
Not sure What battery tray your talking about but i have the clam battery tray and little battery bag with the cig lighter power outlet it came with and it weighs nothing.Nice little setup,can run lights off the top post and run my minnow bubbler/cell phone charger off the cig lighter outlet.i wouldnt pay top dollar but i got that and a clam seat heater for 10$ a few years back on super clearance.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Aug 19, 2020, 07:15 AM »
You can always buys a sheet of aluminum, cut it to size, bend it and drill your holes and set the battery on it. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline matzilla

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 19, 2020, 08:13 AM »
rubbermaid container and velcro hold the battery, switch plate is just aluminum sheet. Those rubber maid containers make excellent 7-9ah battery boxes and they are dirt cheap

Catchin' Fish

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Aug 19, 2020, 09:44 AM »
Just by looking at Clams Battery tray via the web ..I would think it would be light weight/cheap ...not heavy/rugged .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Aug 19, 2020, 02:12 PM »

Matzilla, that’s a good idea.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Aug 19, 2020, 02:32 PM »
hawg did you get my PM.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Aug 19, 2020, 10:32 PM »
Just replied thank you.

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10 on: Aug 27, 2020, 10:28 AM »
I just got the Clam Console ..sturdy and light ..and it will accommodate a standard 12v SLA flasher battery any which way you want to place it ... think adding a piece of velcro and the battery wont move ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00LDYJ18Y/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.