Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: Good morning on the ice.  (Read 2570 times)

Offline perch78

• IceShanty Rookie
Good morning on the ice.
« on: Jan 13, 2022, 04:38 PM »

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Re: Good morning on the ice.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 13, 2022, 08:32 PM »

Agreed

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:19 AM »
Good late afternoon/early evening too!

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2022, 11:10 AM »

Evening wasn’t bad.

Offline Santa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2022, 06:07 PM »
Guess we just brag on this site and do not share info.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 14, 2022, 06:26 PM »
Info....go fishing.get a line wet

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 14, 2022, 08:59 PM »
Black Hawk Lake is where mine were from. The place has already been overrun with people and I'd suggest to stay on the perimeter of the crowds.

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 14, 2022, 09:53 PM »
Info....go fishing.get a line wet

Hahaha, truth!
Great hauls boys. Can’t wait until Sunday I finally get to get on ice! Be glad if I can post a pic like these of my own. Til then, keep bragging your catches cause it’ll just make me more excited to be on ice of my own.

Offline IceAddict87

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Jan 14, 2022, 11:04 PM »
I like to catch fish as much as the next guy but do you know what I like more that almost anything? Figuring out a bite that nobody else has. A couple years ago I got on a crappie bite that was unreal. I was able to do it 3 different times that year too. I shared the info with a few people but I did not advertise it anywhere. Like I said I really like catching fish but not at the expense of a resource. Put in the work, there are basic tactics for targeting fish, those are the tips to focus on. Kind of a rant but I had to say it.

Offline Santa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2022, 03:27 PM »
I did not need GPS coordinates, just would be nice to know what lake they are coming from. Up to me to figure out the rest.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 16, 2022, 10:04 AM »
I did not need GPS coordinates, just would be nice to know what lake they are coming from. Up to me to figure out the rest.
Pictures of 3-8 fish and you demand to know what lake? It could be literally any lake in Iowa. Quit whining and go fishing. Not too hard to catch a few fish on a lake. Looks like these folks had a long day IMO. That’s how it goes sometimes. You really want to go to the same spot that someone caught three fish at? Sounds like you just need to go find a lake and setup next to someone else.

I like to catch fish as much as the next guy but do you know what I like more that almost anything? Figuring out a bite that nobody else has. A couple years ago I got on a crappie bite that was unreal. I was able to do it 3 different times that year too. I shared the info with a few people but I did not advertise it anywhere. Like I said I really like catching fish but not at the expense of a resource. Put in the work, there are basic tactics for targeting fish, those are the tips to focus on. Kind of a rant but I had to say it.
I couldn’t agree more. I’m always looking for my own bite. Fishing is typically better when you find it too. Sure this means some days you don’t do good, but the way I see it is more water eliminated.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Jan 16, 2022, 10:13 AM »
Sorry for the rant. It just drives me nuts when people want to know where you caught your fish at. Typically it’s asked when people post up piles/limits of fish. But when it’s only a few fish? You can catch a few fish in literally any lake in Iowa. Just go wet a line. Rant over.

Offline Ice_Fly_Guy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #12 on: Jan 16, 2022, 11:20 AM »
I don't mind saying where mine came from. The lake couldn't be a whole lot more busy.  What's funny is that it's a 900 acre lake and 95% of the ice anglers fish in a 2 acre area.  They can have at it and drive the fish to me after the pressure chases the them away.

While I was there, 2 different guys walked a total of probably 250 yards to come over and rubberneck to see what I was catching.  It's pathetic.

Offline Buckshots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Jan 16, 2022, 12:01 PM »
I don't mind saying where mine came from. The lake couldn't be a whole lot more busy.  What's funny is that it's a 900 acre lake and 95% of the ice anglers fish in a 2 acre area.  They can have at it and drive the fish to me after the pressure chases the them away.

While I was there, 2 different guys walked a total of probably 250 yards to come over and rubberneck to see what I was catching.  It's pathetic.
Yup I see it all the time. I can have a whole bay to myself and if someone comes out there it’ll be right next to me. Very pathetic. People have no clue how to fish anymore. It’s oh look there’s someone let’s try over by them.

Offline riverbottoms

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Hardcore
« Reply #14 on: Jan 16, 2022, 12:54 PM »
 Hey Buddy, could ya move your foot so I can drill a hole?

Offline spoofhoundicefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Jan 21, 2022, 10:41 PM »
Guess we just brag on this site and do not share info.

also post where you are from that might help out.  people might be more than helpful or even private message you and help out if your lucky.  but other than that start out on a farm pond or a really small lake and work up from there.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #16 on: Jan 24, 2022, 08:30 PM »

Lol…I would take that any day. Try putting an ice castle out…..anywhere.

You’ll have a town surround you within an hour. It gets so bad….We will set the ice castle up to fish at night and use it as a decoy during the day.

Last year I was on emerson bay…which isn’t a secret. Pulled the Castle away from everyone else and set it down. Within 1 1/2 hours. I had one guy drive his truck within 5 ft of my f&$@ing door drop his flipover and drill holes…Damn near hit him when you opened the door. Another guy drove 5ft in front of my pickup in front of it parked then set his shack 15 foot from it while his truck sat in front of mine.

This last weekend we got on a lake in SD…showed up Friday night fished did well. By 9:30 sat. Morning we had 15 shack surrounding us. Didn’t see a fish so left at noon. We had one duck head basicly drive within 6ft of the shack door when going by just to turn around and fish 30ft from us on the back side. One tard parked his pickup right next to my truck…about 3ft away the walks 30 ft to his buddy fishing shack. When we left just to mess with them all I went outside threw the buckets of fish on the ice..to drain the water then picked them up one by one to put in the bucket. Little did they know….the bite was 6pm till 2am….lmao

Like I totally get I don’t own the lake. But keep your god damn vehicles 50ft from me and your shacks. I mean if I step outside my door and piss can hit you…your to close. I totally get that if it’s windy you wanna use the hard shack has a windbreak….But your to damn close if our lines can get tangled.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.