Author Topic: One man Shanty  (Read 4968 times)

Offline lostbrit

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: One man Shanty
« Reply #30 on: Oct 20, 2020, 09:01 AM »
Thanks for the seat weights guys, now to do more research

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Oct 27, 2020, 03:25 PM »
I ordered a recruit myself this year based on some reviews I read on other sites and reviews and messages I had with folks (matzilla specifically) here. The price was also more in my ballpark compared to some others I was considering. It's on its way now and should be at my house this week. Plenty of time to do some mods. I haven't ordered runners for it as at the moment I plan on building a smitty for it.

Offline Bucket Rump

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Oct 27, 2020, 06:38 PM »
I ordered a recruit myself this year based on some reviews I read on other sites and reviews and messages I had with folks (matzilla specifically) here. The price was also more in my ballpark compared to some others I was considering. It's on its way now and should be at my house this week. Plenty of time to do some mods. I haven't ordered runners for it as at the moment I plan on building a smitty for it.

I'd suggest putting the runners on the tub before it gets assembled - much easier to do than after.  Dragging these loaded shacks over bare concrete/gravel does chew up the bottoms.

Offline FishDoktor

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Oct 28, 2020, 12:20 PM »
I'd suggest putting the runners on the tub before it gets assembled - much easier to do than after.  Dragging these loaded shacks over bare concrete/gravel does chew up the bottoms.

I started thinking about that after I posted but before I saw your reply. A vast majority of the time, the tub will be raised up on a smitty when travelling. However, it may not always be, especially when/if I decide to move a short distance. So I did end up ordering the kit. Better to be safe.

Offline Esox fisherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Live fishing Die fishing
« Reply #34 on: Oct 28, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Shappel dx3000 could literally fish four holes at once

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.