The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Another Day at the Fishing Hole  (Read 487 times)

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
Another Day at the Fishing Hole
« on: Feb 26, 2024, 08:46 PM »
Belmont Report:
I thought fishing was very entertaining. The group of guys started drinking at 10 AM. A guy had his 4 yr old fishing and told use some stories how he fishes Seneca and other lakes in NY. A couple or red-necks had a runway of tip-ups and were BSing and praying for a flag; it was Sunday. A nice young man brought his girlfriend out for the first and last time. LOL. Another guy said he was just happy to get out away from his wife. My son did everything he could to help his old-man catch a fish and failed.   :'( We need to get these guys posting on Iceshanty.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
Re: Another Day at the Fishing Hole
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2024, 11:38 AM »
Hey guys, post your funniest fishing story to laugh this year off. ;D
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline chapru

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2024, 06:12 AM »
   Several years ago I was fishing LSP early in the season when I bumped into a guy from another extinct ice fishing site.
   As we stood there chatting, I had laid my plastic, old style jigging rod on the ice next to the hole. As I watched, the rod tip jiggled, wiggled, then got sucked into the hole and water.
    Since it was early clear ice, about 6”, we watched the rod skitter along the underside of the ice. My friend watched it as I ran and got my Jiffy 30. I kept drilling holes, and every time I did, the fish would change direction and speed up. Finally I got smart enough to note the direction and drilled 4’ in front of it and it ran right up to the new hole.
Turns out it was an 8” gill who paid the ultimate price for making me sweat and waste gas.

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2024, 07:56 AM »
I don't recall how many years ago it was. I was on Promised Land lake with my new Clam flip over, before that I was in the bucket brigade. It was windy out and I had my clam set as a windbreaker. I was sitting there watching the hypno-wheel and jigging my rod when my fishing buddy caught a good one. I stood up and ran over to help when I heard a crash and watched my tub plow over my flasher and rod and go sailing across the lake! I took off after it but I didn't have my creepers on so I was slipping and falling all over as I chased after the speeding projectile, laughing all the way! Finally a guy on the other side of the lake grabbed it as it went past him and held it until I got there. I looked around and everyone on the ice was laughing as well... good times back when there was ice in the world.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2024, 12:51 PM »
I was fishing at Lake Jean and it started to rain and a fog rolled in. I started packing up but I could not see the Eastern Launch.I walked about 200 yds and ended up somewhere at the shore. I turned right and kept walking on the ice til I heard water. I thought I was at the dam, oh no! It turned out to be a creek at he kayak rental. I walked to the road and estimated I was 1 mile from my truck or 100 yds from the highway. I decided to walk to the highway and see if I could get a ride to my truck. It was about 10 pm and the warden came and asked if I was the lost fisherman; my wife had called State Police. He gave me a ride to  get my sled and get to my truck. I got home about 11PM.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #5 on: Mar 09, 2024, 10:25 PM »
Well I bought a magnet and a grappling hook for magnet fishing. If you loose something in NEPA give me a text. I charge one beer per hour! I'm on myfishfinder.com
AKA Dinkmaster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.