The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Amount of lines  (Read 634 times)

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
Amount of lines
« on: Jan 14, 2024, 03:21 PM »
Seen in the NY thread, a question about total line limits. So I’m curious, what is it in PA? Jiggin plus tip up, how many lines are the limit?

Offline HooknSinker24

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Amount of lines
« Reply #1 on: Jan 14, 2024, 03:35 PM »
You can use a total of 5 single lines with no restriction on how many hooks in any combination. Exp: 3 tip ups and 2 jigging rods. ( except Pymatuning Res is max 3 hooks per line)

Offline LEN F

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 14, 2024, 03:52 PM »
I have the burning desire to go fishing although I know, that if I never catch another fish, that I have caught enough fish!

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 14, 2024, 07:59 PM »
Thanks for posting that link. Recently the  website for the book and also to see trout stocking schedules for 2024 have not been working for me. Maybe it’s just because of Microsoft Edge sucking. Also the fishboatPA app is really bad.
Anyway your link to the book works, thanks.

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 14, 2024, 08:06 PM »
In case anyone else needs and don’t feel like scrolling the book; what HooknSink states is correct.

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 15, 2024, 07:44 AM »
You can use 5 VISIBLE devices. I put out 5 tip-ups and then jig inside my hut. An officer can't enter your hut unless he can articulate a reasonable suspicion, and they dont have x-ray eyes.
"Nice bass thumb, wanna see my pickerel d!ck?"

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 15, 2024, 08:00 AM »
When it comes to wildlife conservation officers in Pennsylvania (and all other states) you are still protected by rights. There is this myth that wardens can do what ever they want and walk into your house or hut whenever. That is simply as false as you can get. They need at the very least 2 (TWO) things.... 1. A REASONABLE suspicion ( not just a willy-nilly one) and 2. To be able to ARTICULATE it. Thats where your phone comes in handy.. without those 2 things they CANNOT enter your house or icehouse, period...Do you want a hero-complex goon coming into your house at night watching your wife sleep while he's searching for "venison"?? You are still VERY protected by your rights when you hunt/fish, just gotta know them and dont be a cuck when an officer comes to you.

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 15, 2024, 08:06 AM »
There are many videos on youtube of INFORMED anglers and hunters simply OWNING wardens and telling them to eff off.

Offline OhhDam

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 15, 2024, 08:39 AM »
Get up stand up, stand up for your rights… Hustle I love that mentality.

Offline subtlehustle76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 15, 2024, 08:51 AM »
Ice fishing is a recreation for the people by the people. You enjoy it the way its enjoyable to you. Just dont be an ass about and have a little bit of class.. but dont be mired down by stupid laws all day long. Also dont be a clown. But fish the way it makes you happy without bothering others. Its not some sanctioned sport. Ppl have so much dogma and doctrine when they fish and forget its to relax and everyones interpretation of how to fish is different. Just keep it within reason. Wildlife conservation officers are nothing more than domestic terrorists to the UNINFORMED outdoorsman. WCO can be useful, but the TYPE of cucks that join are hero-complex goons that MOSTLY (not always) but MOSTLY terrorize Americans just relaxing. 98% of the time a WCO CANNOT articulate a legit reason to search anything. Too many ppl just blindly let them, or engage in small talk.. WCO's have limited power compared to your rights. Plenty of vids out there of WCO's being told to eff off. Keep your phones rolling....get a big hut and keep your activities inside the hut. Its a constitutionally protected space and WCO's cant see thru the walls as they walk across the lake to you as you see them approaching out your window from way off...

Offline Scranton Joe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Jan 15, 2024, 09:25 AM »
Ice fishing is a recreation for the people by the people. You enjoy it the way its enjoyable to you. Just dont be an ass about and have a little bit of class.. but dont be mired down by stupid laws all day long. Also dont be a clown. But fish the way it makes you happy without bothering others. Its not some sanctioned sport. Ppl have so much dogma and doctrine when they fish and forget its to relax and everyones interpretation of how to fish is different. Just keep it within reason. Wildlife conservation officers are nothing more than domestic terrorists to the UNINFORMED outdoorsman. WCO can be useful, but the TYPE of cucks that join are hero-complex goons that MOSTLY (not always) but MOSTLY terrorize Americans just relaxing. 98% of the time a WCO CANNOT articulate a legit reason to search anything. Too many ppl just blindly let them, or engage in small talk.. WCO's have limited power compared to your rights. Plenty of vids out there of WCO's being told to eff off. Keep your phones rolling....get a big hut and keep your activities inside the hut. Its a constitutionally protected space and WCO's cant see thru the walls as they walk across the lake to you as you see them approaching out your window from way off...

I wholeheartedly agree!

Offline 4seasonfishrman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 15, 2024, 10:26 AM »
Pymatuning has a limit of 3 hooks per line, the rest of the state there is no limit to hooks per line when ice fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.