Author Topic: Any fellow central Il. hardwater fanatics out there?  (Read 22295 times)

hardh2ofishr

Re: Any fellow central Il. hardwater fanatics out there?
« Reply #90 on: Feb 13, 2004, 12:15 PM »
jepik i live 3 miles from there. theres about 7" on the main lake with some of the smaller ones having a foot or more haven't been there all week there was about 3" of water on top of the ice under the snow so plan on wet feet.

Offline toph2o

• IceShanty Rookie
  • when in doubt, jerk
« Reply #91 on: Feb 14, 2004, 02:36 PM »
 Hey, I ran in to the water underthe ice before the good ice at banner last week.  I was walking along  when I felt the ice give and saw it crack :o under my weight. I stopped and drilled a hole to check it out and found 7 inches of ice under me :P scared me to death. Can't go this weekend and looks like the warm spell is comming   toph2o

dusty t

« Reply #92 on: Feb 14, 2004, 10:34 PM »
i went to the strip mines today and the ice is getting thinner its down to 7 inches there and i noticed bubbles coming up alot today in my holes

also caught very few fish and what i did catch was the size of a small patato chip

one of them i did catch i seen him go down but 5 minutes later he was back up right under the ice flopping around

must have swim bladder problems

hopefully today was my last trip for the season but i doubt it  with 50 degree weather next week and nights above freezing i hope this  ice is off like a prom dress
where do you all chat at when there is no ise?

P Gottshall

« Reply #93 on: Feb 21, 2004, 10:29 PM »
Was out this morning on a local pond, with 5in of good ice.  Went to Eureka Lake this evening, & there was 3ft+ of open water around the shore.  I did see one guy on the ice, who apparently found a way on, but I went home.

This year's gone too fast for me.  I only got out about 10 times, but really enjoyed it.  The best was this morning, as I took the 9yr-old across the road, his dad, & my 17yr-old son along.  We didn't catch a bluegill over 5in, but had a great time.

It was about 30degrees out, & I had my 3-man Fish Trap Voyager, with a Mr Heater that we made hot chocolate on, & kept so warm we were stripping jackets off.  We were using my new Vex, catching lots of 'gills 18ft down in 28ft of water.  It was so cool, as my buddies outside were fishing "two cranks" off the bottom & not even getting bit!  Anyone who thinks they can keep up without electronics is missing it!  My used $160 FL18 is priceless.

I've enjoyed this site immensely, & can't wait for next year.

Take care,
Paul

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.