Author Topic: French Pond  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Surfcaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
French Pond
« on: Mar 14, 2013, 09:44 AM »
Definitely going for a little road trip Saturday to fish, thinking about hitting French Pond near Haverhill.  I know the only way to find out is research yourself ( i've done alot for fly fishing) and I plan go there anyways to try it out.  I was just wondering if anyone has fishined it this year or recently and had much luck.  The answers will not keep me from going unless you guys say there is zero fish or if there is a better place.  Probably targeting trout as I am now a trout maniac, that is all i want to catch.  Did pretty well last week.  I'll post some pics soon.  Went out the past 2 days with my new 4 wgt fly rod, no luck but nice to be out, rivers are a little quick. 

Thanks

Jay

Offline Surfcaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: French Pond
« Reply #1 on: Mar 14, 2013, 01:28 PM »
Crickets.....guess no one goes there.....I'll let ya know how I do.  I would like to join MFF as well but am having problems..it is saying i am answering the verification questions wrong.  I'm answering them correct...i emailed them too.... oh well..

Offline GraniteStateJoe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 14, 2013, 02:17 PM »
If your going that far north there are a lot of great trout ponds open to ice fishing. I fishin french pond and it can be slow but there are trout in there and I think it may have gotten a fall stocking.

Offline Surfcaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 14, 2013, 02:29 PM »
Thank you for the reply Joe, first year on the ice and i have never fished that far up north.  Now that i fly fish i will be making trips there this season.  Looked at some properties up there for possible camps....beautiful area.

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 14, 2013, 03:01 PM »
Thank you for the reply Joe, first year on the ice and i have never fished that far up north.  Now that i fly fish i will be making trips there this season.  Looked at some properties up there for possible camps....beautiful area.
If you look for camps or land in the area consider the other side of the river also,(VT) very nice . I have one in E. Topsham(bordering Newbury) and absolutely love it. Lots of good on both sides.

Offline bikrsrule

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 15, 2013, 05:54 AM »
I fished french pond a few  years back and to be honest, that is the only place i have ever tried for trout and caught any, i got 3 browns and a rainbow, looking out from the ramp I fished the left shore line in about 4 fow with tiny shiners...wish you luck, its a long drive..

Offline Surfcaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 15, 2013, 06:41 AM »
Thanks bikrsrule, that sounds promising,  there might be better spots but i was looking for a smaller body of water so I can cover some area, the girlfriend and i drove to Florida a couple weeks ago so this will seem like a trip to the store...either way it will be a nice day to be out....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.