Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1620949 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #13890 on: Nov 15, 2018, 03:48 PM »
Congratulations Marv, I'm sure your sister must have been thrilled, mission accomplished!!  Enjoy the fire and barley this evening!   :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13891 on: Nov 15, 2018, 04:42 PM »
WS.....Way to go once again  :flex: :thumbsup: congrats  :clap:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #13892 on: Nov 15, 2018, 08:52 PM »
Good evening , be for I forget prayers for all dealing with wild/forest fire in California. Winter has arrived here in New Windsor around 3-4 inches of snow on ground supposed to last through overnight hours and end as sleet or rain tomorrow morning. House closure was this morning one less thing for me to worry about especially when weather turns nasty.
IFF are you still traveling all over Colorado or at your home store not fun traveling long distances in Wintery weather.
Whopper Stopper nice working helping gentlemen with the fire wood sure your act of kindness will be told to his visiting family members. Congratulations on securing venison for your sister and her family. Did you get the dryer working.
Fishinjohn best to your son with his wrestling this season. Enjoy your hunting trip. I know speed is need to get through all the deer brought to your shop remember though people expect quality work don't need damaged meat or skins or injury from Rocko trying to work at his top speed . You might want to explain to customer your current situation and that their order may take longer then expected.
Hoserman may you be able to start ice fishing before Christmas.
Eddie hope today's drive home was not to bad. Did you get the pour done and covered before snow arrived in Albany.
Old Goat since many of us mature folks do not deal/use modern technology on a daily basis we struggle trying to do what others find easy.
Hunts2long congratulations to your nephews hunting party on their trip and also your brother's son in law on his deer. Glad your wife had a good doctor's report. may next Wednesday's trip not be to troublesome.
Tom Turkey best to your son and you with the deer hunting. Enjoy the time spent together.
Wallyworld glad your tractor/snow blower is moved to Winter location. have fun baking the holiday pies your house must smell like a bakery.
Deerefishyfishy congratulations to your wife enjoy the ski trip. May your friend make big game fire arm opening weekend best to both of you with the hunt.
OldSailor may the hearing aides improve your quality of life. Thank you for the daily jokes.
Capt.Jim sorry the painting job did not work out for you home owner sound like she is a hard person to please.  Melisa's memorial service sounds nice sure it will be a day of mixed emotions.

To all deailing with snow/Winter weather give your self extra travel time tomorrow morning and stay alert while driving. Best to All hunting and Fishing.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13893 on: Nov 16, 2018, 02:21 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  24* and snowing, high of 26 today. First snow blowing job of the season completed, about 5" light and fluffy.

Steve...CONGRATULATION S on the long awaited closing, fantastic!   :clap:   Drive home was problem free, we didn't start seeing snow until about 6:30 last evening. Our pour went well, little cold, but all in all, we got everything done and covered with solar blankets.
  Marv...again, great job with the hunting! What's next on the planner?    :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim...one of those jobs, eh? Best to pull the plug quickly like you did before getting in too deep. Better luck on the next one Sir!   :thumbsup:
   Wally...you are right, ideally, concrete is best poured with above freezing temps.  We use a cold weather mix with hot water and chemical additives added to accelerate the setting time and make it possible. Not a big fan of it myself, but it denfinetly works.  How much snow out that way?
  H2...hope the hunting was in your favor yesterday, looking forward to your report. Good luck if heading out today. :thumbsup:

Thoughts and prayers sent to those dealing with the California fires as well, horrific.
  Weather guessers said we might see 6-12" before all is said and done....we'll see. One plus, there will be a nice blanket on the ground for tomorrows opening day of deer season.   :thumbsup:
  Saw my first ice on some smaller local waters yesterday...it was a good moment up until about dinner time last night when the snow began. Oh well, it's coming anyway.   :thumbsup:
   Time to get moving, not sure what the ride will be like....cawfee's on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing/hunting!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13894 on: Nov 16, 2018, 06:28 AM »
30* and snow. Looks like we have about 5 inches so far. Going to wait to clean out drive-way. Hoping to only have to do it once. The lake is very high, so the river in front of the house had ice on it yesterday morning. This morning there are some open spots so water must be moving.
WS, congrats on the deer for your sister. If I don't start seeing some I may have to put in an order. I sat the last 3 hours yesterday and saw an owl. Thought for sure the deer would be up and about before the storm moved in. Didn't even see any along the roads.

Old Sailor, the aids will be a great help. It may take some time getting use to them. I have worn them for years. Too much shooting as a kid, scuba diving while in the NAVY (Hawaii) an all those years in a telephone switch room. With some practice you will still not hear the wife...lol.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #13895 on: Nov 16, 2018, 09:18 AM »
Good Morning, Everybody

The rain finally stopped here, some trees down, leaves & pine needles galore, very windy, temps. expected to get to the low 40's, dry thru turkey day

Mason - Yup, one of those jobs, the husband was the problem-not the wife, never saw her, he was trying to be the G.C., not knowing anything about how, what, why

W.S. - Looks like your on a roll, wtg, aside from ice-what is the next tag to fill?

Clean - Congrats. on the sale of the house - Melisa birthday would have been Dec. 07, 43 y.o., memorial is set for Sat. - Sun. Dec. 08 - 09, #1 son, Navy in San Diego
     won't be able to attend, in sprit only till later

O.S. - After the hearing improves, do like I do-'did you hear me?', yes, dear and tell her what she said the last three or four sentences, that should, at least get you a nasty look

H2L - So you were a 'ring & tip' man?

A good day to clean the back of the work truck, not a terrible mess, but some disorganization just the same

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats-Get Well Soon
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13896 on: Nov 16, 2018, 02:13 PM »
Afternoon all,

CapJ....sorry to hear your son won't be able to make the memorial for Melisa  :(  please extend my thank you to him for his service and sacrifices :bow:

Eddie....hope your travels to and from work today were problem free  :thumbsup:  good luck tomorrow  ;)2

MrC....Congrats on the closing  :clap:  hope the storm didn't cause any problems with trees/wires down your way  :)

WS....safe travels home from the shack  :)  are you done hunting for this year now  ???

H2L.....sorry to hear you aren't seeing any deer  :(  MrWW told me last night that he's FINALLY starting to see signs of the rut at camp, not that he's had a shot yet tho  :-\  hoping to get good news at tonight's check in  ;D

Measured about 6" of HEAVY WET snow this morning and it's been snowing steadily all day  ::)   got the front walk and back decks shoveled off, tractor wouldn't start so driveway's on hold till the charger's had time to work it's magic  :woot:

Have a good evening. Stay safe.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13897 on: Nov 16, 2018, 04:42 PM »
Good Afternoon 9:45 ers, 

Steve Whew , bet your glad the closing on the house is all said and done.  The last 8 months sure haven't been what I expected,  aside from the part time pay, just making ends meet.  The full time hours have allowed to put a little away.  The Golden store is happy to see me roll in,  as I have thus far taken on the Customer Service management.  They are still advertising for Full and part time cashiers, as well as full time for the parts counter.  When this all started the crew that was assembled, was sure to my liking.  Now its all a mystery as to what happens from there.  If and when another store manager is named, if the store will be brought back online, with yet a totally different crew.  Sure not looking good for this year.  Could be yet another semi-retirement, and take the winter off to do what I love  :icefish: 

Marv.....all I can say is OG's and old fat tree trimmer Rule  ;D :thumbsup: :clap:

Heard one of the high country lakes (Antero) has 3" of fishable ice now.

At least I get to watch the Kansas Jayhawks #2 play this evening.

Stay safe all.
Bud

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13898 on: Nov 16, 2018, 10:54 PM »
Good Evening everyone, We got about 5” of snow today.

Wife is still sick and has been nice enough to pass it on to me. Looking for a place to serve thanksgiving dinner to the poor and homeless. Not as easy as one would think.

I hope everyone had a great day and has a great day tomorrow.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13899 on: Nov 17, 2018, 04:18 AM »
39 this morning. Spent a good part of Friday chasing the snow blower around. Didn't get out into the woods. Will see how it goes today.

WW, the deer will be chased around pretty good today in the Southern Zone. Good luck to Mr.WW.

O.S. 44 years as a switch tech.

Have a good day everyone....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13900 on: Nov 17, 2018, 07:10 AM »
Morning all,

IFF......it really doesn't sound good for things at your local Gander  :(  except the part of more time for  :icefish:   :woot: :thumbsup:  fingers crossed you end up getting the hours you're looking for and a decent group of coworkers  ;)

IF45.....sorry to hear you and Mrs45 are both under the weather  :'(  have you looked to your local churches or rescue missions for Thanksgiving dinner  ???

H2L....that snow was tough to move yesterday, lots of water in it  :%$#!:  been hearing shots all morning here at home, time to take a walk out back and make sure no one is hunting on our property  ::)

38* this morning the snow is settling pretty quickly  :)  the latest winter forecast shows the northeast having a COLD winter  ;D  now if the snow holds off till we get some good ice formed  ;)2  :icefish:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13901 on: Nov 17, 2018, 07:38 AM »
Hey everyone it's been a while. Hunting was interesting but not to successful for me. I saw plenty of decent bucks in Pa.but they just seemed to always be 5-10 yard on the fringe of my shooting capabilities. Ohio has been similar results. We have snow on the ground here in western Pa.but thing are a bit of a priorities,my daughter choose the day after Thanksgiving to get married,why? My son did arrow a beautiful 138 7/8 inch Pennsylvania 8 pt buck and I took a doe in our old man season with my 7/30 waters. Gun season starts on November 26 th in Pa and Ohio so hopefully I can get it done, I made 4 3lb summer sausages with cheddar cheese and jalapenos yesterday and finally got around to slicing up about 12 lbs of semi frozen hind leg into chip steaks. Hope everyone has a productive and safe day. Hopefully I'll be able to make regular post in a couple of weeks. Till then .... hope everyone's Thanksgiving is wonderful.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13902 on: Nov 17, 2018, 09:24 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

21 with light snow dipping down to around 7 tonight.

Yesterday morning the s-i-l came to the shack early and helped me take down the ladder stand and get it out of the woods. My wife has a terrible cold so she was ordered to "stay home". After I arrived home the rest of the day was spent unpacking and getting a start on putting things away, unbelievable how much stuff I had taken to the shack "just in case".

Today is the start of the WI gun deer season. I had been going back and forth about taking it in, but I sensed a little resistance from the war department :nono:, so decided against it. Before leaving the shack yesterday I grabbed the last game camera and we watched some videos last night. There were a couple bucks that made me think I should just grab the rifle and head back to the shack, but finally decided it's time to start thinking ice fishing. That's probably why I slept so late as I was playing tug of war with myself all night, dang I hate that :%$#!:

Today there are a couple of ice shows going on locally. A friend of mine is at one of the "Gander Outdoors" manning the Striker Ice booth so I thought I would stop in and say Hi. I really don't need anything but you never know ;D

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13903 on: Nov 18, 2018, 03:10 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* and calm this am, high of 33 here today with some snow possible this afternoon.
  Tried posting yesterday am, had some freeze up issues again with my IPad. Everything seems ok this am....

Marv...best wishes sent to your wife combating that cold...might be worth a shot trying the hot toddy recipe?  Hope you had a nice time at the ice show. Any lakes ready yet in your area? Shouldn't be too much longer with those temps, send some of that East if you can!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.54...congratulati ons to your son on a fine buck, well done!  :clap:  Best of luck to you with the hunting Sir!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..hope Mr.WW had a good opening day yesterday, best of luck to him today!  :thumbsup:   All of the ice I saw formed yesterday had turned to slushy white ice from the snow...nothing I cared to check, but we're off to a decent start, just need some of Marvs weather to make its way here soon. Hope the aches and pains from all that snow shoveling have passed for you....any baking today?
  I-45...hope you and your wife are feeling better today, that's an admirable thing to do helping out the poor... :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Bud...hopefully everything works out for you with Gander, must say, like your semi-retirement idea!   :thumbsup:
  Capt.Jim...very sorry your son won't be able to make the memorial for Melisa, x2 on Wally's reply for his service.  :thumbsup: 
  H2...good luck today if heading to the woods, hopefully they're moving about today.   :thumbsup:

Very slow day in the woods for me and my partner yesterday, neither one of us seen any deer in our spot. His area had quite a bit of fresh sign, but mine was almost bare for whatever the reason...even the coyote tracks. Did see a fisher who was on the hunt and working a blowdown for something...pretty cool animal to watch, so determined, but that was about it on my end.
   My youngest son connected with a pretty nice 8 pointer around 7am, other than that, it seemed the deer were far and few between for the rest of us.
  Heading out shortly for another morning stand with my partner, crossing fingers the activity is better.Birthday party for my grandson at a roller skating rink this afternoon, so that will wrap up my weekend.  There weren't very many hunters this year on the state land we hunt, seems less and less each year now especially with younger hunters.
  Cawfee's on....

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13904 on: Nov 18, 2018, 06:00 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,               

I'm back to civilization.......... .
                            It's 21* and partly cloudy here on my hill this morning.
                            Eddie........Good luck out there today,and enjoy the party this afternoon. :clap:
                            Marv.........I like Eddies idea for getting better, plenty of Hot Toddy's. :flex:
                            Capt.54.....Congratula tions to your son. :clap:
                            H2L..........Hopefully you have better luck in the woods today. :thumbsup:
                            Well my trip to Maine sure was full of excitement but I came up a tree branch short. A week ago last Friday I jumped a decent size deer
                    right off the bat but could not see if it had horns or not, but it had a big track so I followed it and kept jumping it finally after 2 or 3 miles I got
                    a glimpse of HER head. Then on Saturday it snowed hard and nothing was moving. No hunting allowed on Sundays. Monday I went to a different
                    spot and I tracked a deer for 3 hours it finally peed and I smelled it, it smelled just like the bottle of Doe urine I had in my pocket plus I could see how she had
                    squatted to go! ::) Tuesday the  searched for tracks, we found a big track and some scrapes so he got on it and I went to see if there were more tracks of other deer
                    near. He couldn't catch up to his deer he was tracking, it had gone in to a thick swamp. Wednesday it snowed again so no deer were moving, by this time we had a
                    foot on the ground. Thursday we decided to try a new spot, on the way in this dead end road and I saw a fresh track on my side of the truck, my friend didn't
                    the deer had walked down the road. We followed this deer through some new growth 12 to 15 foot tall spruce tree. Then he got in to some Cedar, it went down
                    to the edge of a river and tried to cross but kept breaking through. We found some rubs so we knew it was a buck. He finally found a way to get across. Not us!
                    but we did find a runway coming from the other direction to the crossing, so we decided to find a spot and sit a while. I wasn't sitting long a before a Doe and
                    3 younger deer came within 30 feet of me before the bigger Doe smelled or sensed my being there. She blew at me then took off. On Friday it was suppose to
                    start snowing around midnight but we woke up to just cloudy skies. So my friend decided to go back to the runway and sit a while. Friday was to me a half day
                    of hunting, so we can get back and close camp and leave early Saturday. Oh the leader of of our camp got a 9 pointer on Thursday. As we were going to follow
                    our tracks down in a big track walked in our tracks. So my friend took the track away from the swamp and I went to sit on the run way. By now it has started
                    to snow. I hadn't been sitting long and I could see a big bodied deer coming toward the crossing. It must have winded me and stooped, I couldn't see the head.
                    It stood there for what seemed eternity, I had to know what it was so I moved just a little to get a view, as I did, it had horns and took off I got a shot off but
                    the bullet hit a branch. I tracked him and he took me it to the thickest Cedar mess than I have ever been in. I gave up because I could hardly move and went out
                   the way I came. By the time I got back to my truck my friend was there and we headed back to camp, the 3 other guys were there and we packed up camp. By
                   now about 2 pm there was close to 10 inches had fallen. The road our camp is on is not plowed so we decided to leave. The road out to a plowed road was rough,
                   it's about 17 miles to the plowed road, it took us 2 hours to get to it. All in all we had a good time!
                                 I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline deerefishyfishy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13905 on: Nov 18, 2018, 06:12 AM »
Good morning gang,

Welcome back IW! Sorry you didn't find what you were after but glad you still had a good trip :)

In the stand again this morning but nothing is moving yet. I sat all of yesterday except for a couple hours midday and didn't see anything. The neighbor and his buddies that hunt our property had a big gang of guys and, as it goes every year, were out driving deer all over our property while my family and friends were trying to just sit. The neighbor is a very close friend of our family and would do anything to help us, so I continue to put up with his annoying hunting friends and their inconsiderate hunting because, to me, it's not worth jeopardizing a great friendship over a few deer once a year. It is very annoying though, especially since he has his own adjoined property to hunt. They hunt that also, but ours has better access and is easier to drag deer from if you shoot one.
I hope everyone under the weather gets feeling better. Good luck to anyone out after some deer (or fish). Stay safe and have a great day!
The hardest part of ice fishing is casting!

Early to bed, early to rise
fish all day and make up lies!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13906 on: Nov 18, 2018, 06:16 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone  :bow:

12 degrees heading close to 30 today.

IW Welcome home Sir! Excellent recount of your hunt! Dang limbs always get in the way :%$#!: Glad you had a good time, sounds like some tough hunting conditions.

Eddie good luck in the stand this morning, hope you see some activity :thumbsup: Have a good time at the party this afternoon. Happy Birthday to your grandson :thumbsup: Some lakes way north reporting ice but nothing close to me yet.

WW hope Mr WW had some action in his stand yesterday. If not may today bring him a deer :thumbsup:

h2l good luck if you make it out today :thumbsup:

45 hope you and the wife are feeling better today. Hats off to you helping the poor :bow:

Yesterday I made it to the fishing show. Actually a lot to see, but nothing I really needed. I talked to my friend and may hook up with him around Christmas for some walleyes. I want to spend more time in my spear house this season but the old shack is getting pretty frail. I have been thinking about trying to pick up a new or at least different one, but so far nothing has caught my eye.

Here is a short video from the last camera I pulled, thought some may like it.

&t=12s

Best of luck to everyone in the woods :thumbsup: Hope you all have an excellent Sunday no matter what's on the planner :thumbsup: Stay safe!

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13907 on: Nov 18, 2018, 06:44 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....welcome back  :)   sounds like a frustrating trip, glad you had fun regardless  ;D

Eddie.....happy birthday to your grandson  :thumbsup:  have fun at the rink, any plans of lacing up  ??? ;D  hope you see some action in the woods this morning  :)  congrats to your son  :flex:

WS......WOW  :o :o  that's a nice buck wandering  :bow:  I love watching turkeys, they always make me laugh for some reason  :woot:  thanks for sharing  ;)2  hope MrsWS is feeling better today  :)

Deere.....very understanding view on the neighbor's hunting program  :clap:  hope karma smiles on you today with a decent buck in your sights  ;)2

H2L.....good luck bowling tonight  :flex:

Still nothing for MrWW as of last night's check in  :'(  the deer are moving tho so maybe today will be THE day  @) @)  Took a walk thru the woods yesterday, no sign of anyone trespassing  :thumbsup: 

Have a good day doing whatever makes you happy. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13908 on: Nov 18, 2018, 08:50 AM »
IW, great report. I thought it is tough going here with 7/8 inches of snow. I give you a lot of credit.
No deer last night and nothing this morning. Sat for 2 and a 1/2 hours this morning. It was 14*. Lots of sign but the snow is real icy. I don't think they like to move much in these conditions.
Eddie hope you have some luck today.
Wife went shopping this morning for Thanksgiving. I am going to do up some dishes and rest up for bowling.
Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13909 on: Nov 19, 2018, 02:29 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Light snow falling and 28*, high of 36 here today.

Jeff...welcome back! Thank you for sharing your adventure, some tough hunting grounds and so many obstacles to overcome, wow! Sorry you didn't connect with that buck, certainly not from lack of effort that's for sure. Being an unmaintained road and so far back, imagine tire chains must be part of your  "do not forget list"?  Glad you all had a great time, and best of luck with the remainder of the hunting season...hope you can still score a nice Adirondack buck yet!   :clap: :thumbsup:
  DFF...that kind of sucks having to deal with that neighbor and his group, you're a better man than me dealing with it. Guess my biggest concern with those drives would be where all the missed shots were headed, not to mention blowing your stands. Hope the hunting picks up for you, it's been slow here on my end also.
  Marv...great video,good looking buck in there, thank you for sharing!  :clap: :thumbsup:   Good luck in your search for a new spear shack. It may not be practical for your style of fishing, but would a hub shelter work for you, something like an Eskimo 949i for example?
  Wally...hope today is the day for Mr.WW, glad to read things are starting to pick up for him.  :thumbsup:
  H2...good luck today if you're hunting, the snow was real crunchy yesterday in my woods also. Hope the bowling went well last night.   :thumbsup:

Thank you all for the B'Day wishes for my grandson, he turned 7 yesterday.  The roller skating party went well, everyone enjoyed themselves, but I didn't have any notion of putting on a pair of skates, lol. Imagine a few have some black and blue marks this am, for certain two of daughters do....Doh!  ;D
  Hunting has been very slow for me the last two mornings, still haven't seen a deer while on stand. My son Mike missed a decent buck on his way out of the woods yesterday. Sounds like the buck was bedded down about 50yds. away and let him walk by before taking off. Tracked it for quite a ways, but no sign of hair or blood...running shots have never been good for me either.
  Not sure what's on today's agenda at work but cawfee's on....

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13910 on: Nov 19, 2018, 04:56 AM »
Good morning Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

22 with light snow heading into the 30's later today.

Eddie funny you mention the Eskimo 949i. Early last year I found a very good deal on one and bought it. I haven't even opened the box yet. They are one of the hubs that many use for spearing, I may give it a try. Once the ice is established it's hard to beat a hard house for warmth and wind.

This morning I have to bring the wife to the bus stop and then I am finally getting my hair cut. Other then that, I still have some hunting clothes to wash, then time to dig some fishing equipment out.

Best of luck to anyone in the woods today :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #13911 on: Nov 19, 2018, 05:53 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                         It's 23* and cloudy here on my hill, we had some lite snow over night! ::)
                         Thank you all for the nice comments on my hunting trip to Maine. Someone asked me why we go there if hunting is so tough. Well we own
           a camp lease, we've been going there for decades and it's a challenge. Where can you go hunting for 10 days and cost only $400. Plus when you do
           connect, the deer are big ones. :flex:
                         Eddie........Too bad Mike didn't connect, and you are having a hard time seeing deer. :whistle:
                         Marv.........I have a lot of clothes to wash too, I should get a haircut but I don't know, I hate it when I get one at this time of year, my head
          gets cold. lol :roflmao:
                         When I got home Saturday I found a problem with my heat, the back flow preventers Are not working so I have to get the parts and fix them.
          My wife said it was too hot in the house and she went through a lot of wood while I was gone!
                         I hope everyone has a great Monday either at work or out!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13912 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:26 AM »
Good Morning. Bowling went well last night. We took 3 of 4 from the 1st place team. Only 1 point back with one week to go in the first half.

Daughter brought "Rocky" up for the afternoon on Sunday. He is 4 months old and drove "Scout" nuts. Lindsay is doing a great job with him.
Got some things to get done around here this morning but going out this afternoon.
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13913 on: Nov 19, 2018, 06:40 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.......glad to hear the party went well, minus the bruises  :woot: :clap: wishing you and your son better luck next trip into the woods  ;)

IW....the tradition of your Maine trip is the important thing I'm sure, bringing home a deer is the icing on the cake  ;)2  :flex:  good luck with the boiler repair  :)

WS.....have fun poking thru your fishing gear  ;D 

Got the news last night, MrWW connected with a nice 6 pt mid afternoon yesterday  :thumbsup: :flex:  needless to say he was pretty happy  ;D  perseverance DOES pay off  :thumbsup:

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Morning H2L......nice work bowling  :flex:  young pups sure do have a LOT of energy  :woot:  good luck this afternoon  ;)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #13914 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:07 AM »
WW Congratulations to Mr. WW  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WS

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13915 on: Nov 19, 2018, 07:34 AM »
Thanks 😁 not a lot of details yet

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13916 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:24 AM »
Broadcasting live from the shop...Congratulations Mr.WW! !!  :clap: :thumbsup:

Online wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13917 on: Nov 19, 2018, 08:30 AM »
Thanks Eddie I will pass that along  ;)  hope your day is going well  :)

Offline Hoserman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13918 on: Nov 19, 2018, 09:02 AM »
Morning all. Another gloomy cold day here in the tip of the mitt. Snow supposed to hit north of us and expecting 2+inches.

This years buck pole was kinda sparse for some reason. Only one section had deer hanging, and usually the whole thing is loaded.

Took a trip to check the lakes I fish for ice. Margrethe- open except for thin cover in north bay. Higgins Lake-fagetaboutit. Houghton Lake being so shallow has some ice forming on the east side but not safe yet. All my equipment is ready to go, it's up to mother nature now.

Thursday is turkey day and it will be just the wife, myself, and our cats. Gonna have a ten pounder cooked in our oiless turkey fryer. (look up Big Easy oiless fryer) Thing works awesome and no danger of burning the house down. Hope everyone has a safe and wonderful holiday.
Tried ice fishing with Dynamite, UGH... where's my shanty?

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #13919 on: Nov 20, 2018, 02:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Snowing and 31*, high of 33 today with 2-4" expected. Some very cold weather headed our way for the next few days. Someone mentioned to me yesterday that Thanksgiving Day could be the coldest we've seen in 100 years. My weather app is showing a low of 0* and high of 13* ...might be on first ice with a turkey sandwich!   :icefish:

Hoserman...looked at those fryers you mentioned, thanks for the heads up! Almost bought the oil fryer, but had the same fear of cooking more than the bird as well. Most all of the small waters around here I checked have a lid on them now, sure wish the snow would have held off for another week or so though.
  Wally...thanks for sharing the picture, WTG Mr.WW!!   :clap: :bow:   
  H2...your team has been on " roll ", congrats on taking it to the first place team!  :clap:  Hope the hunting went well yesterday afternoon, temps were nice to be on stand.
  Jeff...it sure is a plus you can diagnose and fix those problems with your boiler, excellent! Hope it's an easy fix.  :thumbsup:  Imagine MW has been busy with the plowing and wood deliveries, tell him we said hello!
  Marv...think you'll be impressed with how warm that hub is, especially with some snow covering the outside flaps stopping the wind drafts. One suggestion would be using ratchet straps to the anchors, not the tie downs supplied. I practiced setting up and taking down in my living room soon after I bought mine....the Mrs. wasn't too pleased with me moving her furniture, but it sure helped getting familiar with the way it opened and folded. Best of luck!   :thumbsup:

We had a pretty decent day yesterday, worked outside all day setting up for another concrete pour scheduled for Monday. Several guys on vacation this week, smaller crew....less complaints.    :thumbsup:
  Harvested our first mouse finally....measured in at 6 1/8" and peanut butter was the bait of choice.  :flex:  A couple of high fives were in order, the newbies to the crew got a kick out of that and our official book we keep recording our season, lol. Caught it on one of those traps that's got like shark teeth...we named them "Jaws ".   :roflmao:
  Some inside work to do if the weather is bad today....cawfee's on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.