The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Lake Arthur chat  (Read 175594 times)

Offline bobberbill

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Lake Arthur chat
« Reply #1410 on: Mar 10, 2013, 09:30 PM »
Condolences from the West side of Michigan. We're visiting in Cranberry with our kids, happened to drive by Lake Arthur yesterday. My first time. I noticed guys out fishing. I brought a bit of my gear along for the visit, but changed my mind with the warm weather. Got a report of 50 and rain back home, so I'm done for the season. Thoughts and prayers for this gentleman's friends and family. We just lost a fisher friend on Saginaw Bay a few days ago. Time to get the boats ready..I'm calling it done..

Offline lil maggot

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • What better is there to do in the winter?
« Reply #1411 on: Mar 11, 2013, 05:46 PM »
time to prepare your boats and/or open water gear
:icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish:  :icefish:   :icefish: :icefish:

Ice fishing line of fire ENGAGE!

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1412 on: Mar 11, 2013, 05:59 PM »
my sympathies go out to Mr andres family i am very sorry for your loss.i don't know about you guys but i was drilling through 8 in ice few places this year and it would be pretty darn hard to drill too many holes and go through maybe 10 in a 4ft circle i was watching the news and they said the same thing ice not thick enough and too many holes drilled bull it was bad ice and bad luck if they had there way i don't think any of us would be out there.

Offline huntermccall18

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Lake arthur ... wheres the fish ????
« Reply #1413 on: Feb 08, 2014, 09:11 PM »
anybody been catching any fish at Lake Arthur ? its beeen really slow for me

Offline TIME2FISH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1414 on: Feb 08, 2014, 10:38 PM »
anybody been catching any fish at Lake Arthur ? its beeen really slow for me

If you make 3 posts - you can access the "fishing reports and conditions" to see the Lake Arthur reports.

"Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter." - Mark Twain

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #1415 on: Feb 09, 2014, 07:17 AM »
If you make 3 posts - you can access the "fishing reports and conditions" to see the Lake Arthur reports.
there are fish to be caught but like its been said,not in anger you gotta work for them and find them. I went lookin yesterday and left fish to find fish? ive found that the lake is always a 2 story lake this time jigging and tip ups.i couldn't get a fish on my tipups ,flags galore,but mo jr and the A-team could jigging. so half a day I moved back where the bass are in da weeds,guys said it was a slow day but 1 guy got 11 bass? large crappie hit at dark, muddy creek slow for 2 buddies got 2 pike and a whisker puss.in the old days we would move around on the febuary doldrums,but its hit and miss mostly miss in the old reliable spots dutch hollow,mcdaniels,etc. for fishhunter 80 saw a guy walk out to duck cove  :o on a mission seemed he knew something  ;) hope you get fish
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline lkrajack1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1416 on: Feb 14, 2014, 07:26 PM »
I fished muddy creek today for about 2 hours and only caught one blue gill. The ice is probably  14 in. Thick with about 4 inches of snow on the top. I fished minnows and crawlers and didn't catch anything.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1417 on: Feb 15, 2014, 08:11 AM »
the circus has moved to a new location "tents" are up and the performance is scheduled for a repeat performance.like fishunter80 said time to move move move to where it hasn't been pounded

GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline ripp243

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1418 on: Feb 16, 2014, 07:09 PM »
went to porters cove today. 10" bass some nice perch and couple blue gill

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1419 on: Mar 02, 2014, 07:17 AM »
eddie spaghetti your scenario common occurance on Arthur. spot saving been going on for ever. the best "MOVE" I ever saw was wendel Watson in Shannon bay,guys had it locked up so he walks around and finds a line and wham cuts through 5 guys tipups on a perfect diagonal and procedes to catch fish,jaws dropped and temperatures flared,out where you were at it frontier justice warden never gets out there,we fished it for years used to call it "PIPE BAY"because by the time you got out there had to drop "PIPE" lol

just sayin
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Leather

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • LEATHERWOOD OUTDOORS YOUTUBE VIDEOS!!!!!
« Reply #1420 on: Mar 09, 2014, 09:40 PM »
was out in shannon on friday. caught some gills but didnt stay long.  Some flags but nothing on the hook.  Saw others catching a few panfish and an occasional bass.  Not much action.

Offline b.hines

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1421 on: Mar 10, 2014, 12:28 PM »
The 2014 SRU Sport and Outdoors Expo will be held on March 15, 2014 from 10am to 6pm at the Smith Student Center on the Campus of Slippery Rock University.  This event is being held by the Slippery Rock University Competitive Fishing Team. The team is proud to represent St. Jude's Research Hospital.
visit:  . Price is $6 for adults, and $2 for children.  There will be food, 50/50, and various vendors from fishing and boating to hunting.  More information can be found at www.freeteams.net/srubassfishing.

Offline Paiceman79

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1422 on: Mar 11, 2014, 12:06 PM »
Pike fishing is picking up really way in muddy creek

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.