The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: ARTIC ARMOR  (Read 969 times)

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
ARTIC ARMOR
« on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:23 PM »
my wife talked me into a artic armor suit,with the current ice conditions it was a sound investment! i will let you know how it performs.
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ARTIC ARMOR
« Reply #1 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:25 PM »
I love mine would not be on the ice without....got my oldest son a set also,,, it dose not make you super man with bad ice
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline treesparrow1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2016, 07:35 PM »
I have a set. Green bottom and camo top. I would not get the camo top again as I believe the fabric is lighter than the green or black and they would be warmer. They do not breath, so when pulling take the Jacket off or you will get damp from sweat. Like Pymy last winter with ~mile pulls through foot of snow.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2016, 08:20 PM »
Atta boy MO, you'll love it.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2016, 08:33 PM »
Atta boy MO, you'll love it.
team black and gold? as for super man  :'( how about bat man!
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2016, 08:43 PM »
It'll look good with your special fishing hat!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2016, 09:16 PM »
I just got the red and black idi suit and love it.  Used it for first time in heavy winds blowing snow and 14 degrees and never felt cold or wind.  Also kneeled on the ice for awhile and still never felt the ice through the knees.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline frost

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Jan 19, 2016, 11:41 PM »
I got the Camo top and bottom and had it for 2 (this will be 3) seasons now and absolutely love it! I use them for hunting extreme cold also and they take a beating. Late ice the first year I had it I broke through in shallow water to test it on purpose and it does exactly what it's supposed to. I would highly recommend them to anyone that goes out early and late ice. Still would rather stay on top but it is nice to have for that day of bad luck.

Last 2 seasons out in the -10 or colder temps and with the wind blowing for an even colder wind chill I wore sweat pants and a long sleeve t-shirt with a hoodie under the Arctic armour and was more than warm enough. It completely blocks the wind from getting through

Offline CatskillsFisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Jan 20, 2016, 12:03 AM »
Have the red/black AA suit for 4 years now and love it.

Offline panfishnut51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:26 AM »
I had my AA suit for 5 maybe 6 years now....first time out got the jacket against the auger exhaust.........not a good ideal..melted  a hole in it.glued a patch over it......stills keeps me nice n warm..so you see someone in a green n black suit with a bass patch on the jacket....... that be me

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Jan 20, 2016, 02:23 PM »
great reviews,i was amazed it was a local company in ETNA PA.right down the street.question do you think sizes run true to the size chart?im like a gorilla i got long arms and a big belly  :o ::) so taylored suit to my frame?
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline bulldawger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:01 PM »
i'm 6-4 240lbs...and i got 2x coat and it's a tad big...but if you like to layer it's good...like the bibs better...
I dont always drink beer, but when I do I like to drink alot of it.

Offline iceman4667

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Jan 20, 2016, 05:19 PM »
Love mine can get  a little hot.

Offline frost

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:53 PM »
I'm 6'3" and 250 and have a 6'7" wing span so I have the long arm syndrome also and I got the 2x and it's big on me. Problem also is you really can't (don't want to) layer under it cause you will sweat to death walking to and from spots. Was out today on Pymy in sweatpants, a t-shirt, and hoodie with the AA bibs unzipped and the coat just zipped about 1" to keep it closed and you would have swore it was 100* out the way I was sweating. Even last year in the -10 or colder days that's all I'd wear and be sweating. Definitely keeps you warm though.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Jan 23, 2016, 06:14 PM »
ya i got the gorilla arms so had to go XXL wore it today thought i was in flo rida 6'1" 272LBS
GOD BLESS
mo

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.