Author Topic: How do u view an Aqua-Vu? Side View or Top View  (Read 1100 times)

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
How do u view an Aqua-Vu? Side View or Top View
« on: Oct 31, 2006, 11:07 AM »
So what us your preference? do you use you camera at a side view OR from above?

In the past I have been a strictly side view kinda guy, but after watching one from above I think I will have to give it try this season, looks interesting, may be harder to see the fishtake the bait but an overall larger view

Offline tucker

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: How do u view an Aqua-Vu? Side View or Top View
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2006, 11:48 AM »
I have always used it from the side.  I tried from above once and i didn't get the same thrill.  From the side you can see if your high or low and see how they are missing the jig.  Gives a better image too.
in the heart of tax and spend NY

Offline JerryofWNY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Get involved with your local club!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2006, 05:57 PM »
Like Tucker, I use mine from the side. I have tried it looking down as my son seems to prefer that view. I find that when looking down I have a much harder time seeing fish. I usually use it for perch fishing and the perch are slim enough that I can't pick them up nearly as easy as from the side view.
"Earth................. ...................... ... it's a dangerous place to live."      
        Chainsaw

Offline kerosenecounty17

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • kc17 - NE WI
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2006, 07:19 PM »
Side view when I'm in search mode.  Honestly, this is where the camera is more of a tool than a toy.  Really gives you the "lay of the land" better than a flasher.  For anyone looking at buying a camera, I'd definately reccomend something with an on screen camera direction indicator. 

Down view when actually fishing.  No way I'm wasting time drilling an extra hole and trying to line up a camera.  Wouldn't recomend the down view for anything other than panfish though.  I've had a few nasty tangles just with gills.  Can't imagine the mess a big eye or pike would make with that camera dangling down there.

kc17
"An ounce of biology is worth a pound of tackle."

-Gord Pyzer

Offline iceonly

• IceShanty Rookie
  • just set the hook
« Reply #4 on: Nov 07, 2006, 06:59 PM »
I will agree with kc17,
  I really only use the camera for a search tool. When I'm fishing I like the down view , but only really use it when the fish look but don't bite. I will drop the camera to see how they are acting around my jig.
If it ain't cold, it ain't fishing

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 07, 2006, 07:35 PM »
Last season, I view mostly from inside the carrying case since it rarely sees the light of day, or should I say the dark of water...I watch my flasher these days.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.